Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

What's your PPT and Doubling Percentage?
I was just wondering if the people who use scoring software would like to post their PPT and doubling percentage.

I've noticed that my PPT in Pro-Darter games has been increasing steadily since I started my Deliberate Practice regime but my doubling percentage has been as consistent as can be.

I was wondering if this was normal.  Do other players with a similar PPT average as me hover around the 18% doubling accuracy? 

It feels as if I can improve this somewhat so I'm about to modify my routine to help improve this.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
hey thats a pretty good improvement for that amount of time. i am right around the 56-59 mark. it is hard hard hard to bust through the 60 average line. my first 9 im usually right around 60 but it never fails that i always have at least 1 game where i throw 10 darts at double that screws everything up.
That was me a couple of months ago. The only time I threatened the 60 "barrier" was when I had a normal match of 24-27 darters but somehow fired a 16 or 17 dart leg in there somewhere to offset the inevitable double-trouble 33 darter.

Sticking with my deliberate practice routine has really started to push me to the next level.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

21.5% is lower than i would like but i'll usually warm up by playing matches on level 4 or 5.
So form is a little scratchy early.
Not the strongest part of my game though.
Darts
Harrows 21 gram Fire darts.
Winmau 21 gram Hankey darts.

Best leg 501 - 11 Darts

Best finish
160 comp.
164 Dartman
146 Wda

WDA - 3Bulls
Dartman - 3Bulls

Thanks Assassin.

You say that doubling's not your strong suit and that's what I'm trying to find out here... Is it normal for people in the in the 60-65 PPT throw range to have a doubling percentage in the 18-22% range. Is that just how it goes and that when you're good enough to hit doubles 30% of the time your 3 dart average will benefit from this improvement in accuracy and rise to 75PPT?

(06-14-2016, 04:18 AM)Banz Wrote: You say that doubling's not your strong suit and that's what I'm trying to find out here...  Is it normal for people in the in the 60-65 PPT throw range to have a doubling percentage in the 18-22% range.  Is that just how it goes and that when you're good enough to hit doubles 30% of the time your 3 dart average will benefit from this improvement in accuracy and rise to 75PPT?

My stats show me to be a weaker scorer but better finisher than you Banz
For the last month, my PPT is 56.15 and my checkouts are at 25% (46/186)
I would imagine your stats are more normal and mine a little more unusual. I seem to struggle with keeping 3 darts in the 20 but quite often hit a double with my 1st dart
i just checked my stats and my checkout is 22%. it sure doesnt seem that high to me. i feel quite certain that if i could hit around 30% my average would go up significantly. according to pro-darter my average is 59.57 but my first 9 average is around 66.

most of the time im going to get the double within 5 darts. but it always happens once out of every 3 or 4 games im going to get stuck and throw 20 times at it, not to mention the times where you throw 1 dart at D2 and hit D17 or something like that so thats darts against your score that you didnt even throw.
Nice to see another Dartman user on here Assassin Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Here is my stats.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
ill have to check out dartman. how is the online play?
(06-14-2016, 09:05 PM)mcockrell Wrote: ill have to check out dartman. how is the online play?

I've yet to play a online game but it's seems a nice little community.
Thanks for sharing the info Big Roberto

So far we have (for the last month where known) and ordered by PPT, this:

[code]Nut            PPT       Dbl
Omp            56        25%
MC             60        22%
Banz           61        18%
Assassin       65        23%      
Big Roberto    69        24%[/code]

Looks as if Omp is clearly doing something right and I have room for improvement!

My stats for June are in.
PPT 55.15
Checkout 21% (54/261)

The correlation between PPT and checkout % looks a bit more 'normal' compared to last month's
PPT 56.86
Dbl 18%

My numbers for July are
PPT  62.76
Dbl   21%

These figures over time are now:

.png   Selection_069.png (Size: 10.1 KB / Downloads: 18)

I hadn't noticed during play but my doubling percentage has improved over the last couple of months.  This coincides with the addition of another specific doubles practice drill.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doubling in practice JayPro 6 701 10-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: JayPro
  New practice game for doubling in JayPro 4 1,098 06-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: mcockrell
  Improve your Scoring and Doubling Sidewinder 4 1,121 05-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Sidewinder