Unicorn

L-Style system review
I've always wanted to try the L-Style system. Now I have. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Here's the bunch of stuff I bought:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

To list it all there's a set of Carbon Slim silent 440 stems, a set of pink champagne caps, a set of DMC pink metal champagne caps, a set of back balance champagne caps, a cuddly toy, a set of Astra L-Flights and a set of Bullet L-flights.

Taken out of the box here's the stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

To my surprise they came with a set of champagne caps too! Here's a closer look at them.

What I really like about the system is the versatility of it though. You don't even have to use L-flights if you don't want to!

Speaking of the L-flights, they're supplied in a nice little plastic tray in the box.

To set the system up, you first put a champagne cap in the hole in the flight:

Then you fix it to the stem by pushing it on, and you have a solid fit!

Impressive indeed. So I measured things...

Stem length without thread or prongs (with thread, likely measures 44mm)

Stem length with thread and prongs 

Length of full setup

And weighed stuff... (note - plastic champagne caps are negligible weight)

Flight + cap

DMC cap

Back balance cap

Stem

Full setup

With my 12g Sharks the all up weight is about 13.3g.

And now some board angle comparisons!

Bullet flights + plastic caps

Bullet flights + DMC caps

Bullet flights + back balance caps

I also did a test with the Astra flights and back balance caps:

So lighter caps mean even more tail up!

Anyway, score time. I give this system a... 9 out of 10! Yep, another nearly-but-not-quite-10. And the reason is that I'm just not getting on with them as well as I am my Cosmo stems and flights. They're the same length for overall setup but there are a little lighter than the Cosmo setup. Don't know if that's it or what. Or maybe it's the slim stems as opposed to my Cosmos which aren't slims. Either way I think I'll stick with my Cosmo setup for now, but L-Style is certainly worth the money you pay for it and more! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
A 9 out of 10 , because you "don't get on with them", is honestly a silly argument...Sorry, just my two cents.
(06-08-2016, 11:54 PM)Gada Wrote: A 9 out of 10 , because you "don't get on with them", is honestly a silly argument...Sorry, just my two cents.

Fair play - they are an awesome system but how well a system works for me is always going to factor into what score I give it. These just don't work as well for me.

In fairness the Cosmo system as a whole would gain a 9 out of 10 from me also - as there's enough faults with some of it to drag that down. I just like the Cosmo system more than this. Unless I really like something I don't usually give it a 10.

I've only ever given 2 sets of darts a 10 - one was effectively a set of customs and the other are my current match darts. So yeah, it takes something special to get a 10. Even my old go-to darts, my Harrows Dimplex softips, got a 9.5. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
thanks for the review Kosumo +1 from me.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

I don't get how dropping the score down because you don't get on with it can be classified as a 'silly argument' lol, personal preference is a big part of rating/scoring things.
Anywaysss great review mate, lots of variety in the setup to show the different options, I prefer L style to cosmo myself but I'd still only give it 8.5/10...nothing beats the cheapo nylon stem and flight setup for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul Rost Flight System Product Update Review Getagrip 9 404 07-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Rupert9Darts
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Product Updates Review Getagrip 2 199 11-30-2020, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 139 38,606 08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Pell
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review and an idea for Cuesoul atison 7 661 06-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: erajd
  Cosmo Fit Flight System review Getagrip 124 87,198 03-15-2020, 12:31 PM
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review Getagrip 38 7,204 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: CanadaTon
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 12,382 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  L Style Premium Lippoints Review Getagrip 23 2,722 01-08-2019, 03:27 PM
  L Style Gomu Shaft Tightener review Getagrip 14 3,788 11-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Kevin Bell
  L Style Krystal One Case and L Style L Case review Getagrip 18 4,489 11-20-2018, 02:38 PM