Darts Buddy

Unicorn Eclipse Pro 2 dartboard review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS2TtjxxB60

Well as I have already reviewed the new HD2 its worth doing a review on the Pro 2 also so here we go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The Eclipse Pro 2 retails a bit cheaper than the HD2 at around £35 so about £7 cheaper but is very similar in build.

The new Eclipse Pro 2 uses the same new Spider 2 as the HD2 and has the thinner bullseye wire and bigger bull scoring area the same the only difference is the Pro 2 has the traditional type sisal with the veins in and it uses a traditional style number ring although it has been improved by using flat wire numbers.

So visually while the HD2 is that little bit neater and cleaner the Pro 2 is also very good and personally I don't think the difference is huge but it is still noticeable when you look for it.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The Pro 2 comes in a similar style of box as the HD2 and is also supplied with a checkout chart, instruction booklet, paper tape measure and fixing bracket and screws:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOGOS:

NUMBERS AND CLIP:

BULL AREA:

VARIOUS PICS OF SPIDER AND BOARD:

BOARD ALL SET UP:

MEASUREMENTS:

As its using the same spider as the HD2 the measurements are pretty much exactly the same, obviously its always a little awkward trying to measure such things precisely but in the video I also measure the apex of the wire to the apex and its still as it should be relating to the regulations of 10mm.

CONCLUSION:

Well as I say above its virtually the same board as the HD2 so all that I said it that review will apply here too. But I did think the Pro 2 sounded just a little quitter, its not much in it but it just had a ever so slightly more muted sound. The sisal has a nice level of density again without been overly hard or soft and all colour segments on this one were fine.

There was nothing really bad to report about it, as you would expect from a traditional vein board it has the usual marks that are visible which is what most are accustomed to anyway so again just normal in that respect.

I do think the HD2 has that little bit more visual impact but its also nice that the Pro 2 has been given a new number ring also and I think some may prefer this to the HD2 numbers.

So I guess as with the HD2 the only thing that needs testing is the wear and because I am doing a long term test with the HD2 I think the results for that will probably apply to the Pro 2 unless of course the process of having a seamless sisal makes some difference?

But in checking out both boards I think its hard to out right recommend the HD2 over this, the same great spider is used and I think its more the cosmetic difference that will make people want the HD2 although I do admit that been someone with poor eyesight I find the clean look of the HD2 helpful. I think beginners will appreciate the traditional style number ring of the Pro 2 though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yet again a first class review and superb pictures. No one on the internet does this better than you Darren. Thank you. It does look very nice
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

+1 a great review as ever.
That is a fine looking board as well. Very nice.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Ohhh good job
Valencia/Spain

Nice one again, Darren. And have another +1, sir...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
I hope they can fix this "glue issue" a little bit, that's the only thing i don't like. But i like the bigger Bull :-)
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

Thanks everyone, I was kind of rushing to get this posted and just made it in time before the launch Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Awesome pics and review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. looks like a quality board to me so here's hoping Unicorn now have a board worthy of buying!
I watched this and the HD2 review by the poolside in Lanzarote as my little darts fix Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks mate, not a bad place to be sat watching them too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-15-2016, 05:10 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks mate, not a bad place to be sat watching them too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Certainly was not! Back to reality now and it seems like a distant memory lol
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

back to the cold and dreary UK then lol

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review and pics as always. 

My opinion on the number ring is mixed...while the flat metal numbers are larger and look better, I don't have an issue reading the standard types. I have thought once or twice about painting the outer ring black just for contrast though. Back to the numbers...with my average level abilities I would see myself hitting them from time to time going for doubles. The regular round wire numbers rarely cause bounce outs but I see these flatter ones as bounce out generators kind of like hitting the nail head on the ring retainers. And I'd bet the point will take some damage as well. Just my two cents.
Thanks mate, its quite amazing how much debate the numbers have caused really, may be the should have made them like a triangular wire?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hey Darren, are you still throwing at this board? Or are you using the HD2 exclusively?

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Just using HD2 at present

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 116 122,547 04-17-2021, 09:33 AM
Last Post: thomas1124
  Mission Darts Samurai 2 Dartboard Review Getagrip 30 1,277 03-04-2021, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Phil D
  One80 Gladiator 3+ Dartboard Product Update Review Getagrip 7 459 12-15-2020, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 136 54,803 04-28-2020, 11:47 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 78 40,470 04-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 69 35,365 01-30-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Chappers
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 134 71,330 01-15-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Palmi
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,931 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 27,418 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 51,298 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55