Shot Darts

Repointing tool
I'm looking to purchase a repointing tool, would like to get some fellow darter input prior to making a decision as to which tool to buy. Sharing your thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
(06-06-2016, 07:40 PM)Clint Coats Wrote: I'm looking to purchase a repointing tool, would like to get some fellow darter input prior to making a decision as to which tool to buy.  Sharing your thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Got experience with those two:

Designa Combi Repointer:
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=67409

And

Target Multi Pointer
Got experience with those two:

Designa Combi Repointer:
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=67409

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It gets the job done, however requires significant amount of physical effort and the point clamps get worn up kinda fast. While there are replacement parts, they are sold as a set not singles. A novice i would imagine, could also easily bend a point.

And

Target Multi Pointer
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=67405

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This is a very well made product, changing points is very easy and with a good fit. It is the one i would buy for sure. 

Also heard good things about the Bulls Repointer, have however no personal experience with it.
I have the designa one and don't have a fault...have repointed many many sets with no issues..a little wd-40 on a rag and wipe down every now and again and its still like new
I have the Designa one. I love it and is very easy to use
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
I have changed many sets with my Designa re pointer, great value tool. Important to keep the main thread well lubricated with oil, apart from that plain sailing ( careful if you want to re point Talisman darts with storm points though )
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Designa is great. I love it
Valencia/Spain

Designa! Easy Peasy to use
My only experience is with the Designa. I am sure you could strip things if you torque it down too hard. Just tighten down on the point with firm pressure, don't use full strength. If the points slips when you try to pull or install, then tighten it up a little more. Don't be a gorilla with it and it should hold up fine. I estimate I have used mine about 30 times and it still functions as new.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I just ordered a Designa couple days ago,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Newbie question here. Do you repoint darts because they break, because they wear down, or because you have a preference for different types of points?

I've been playing about a year now and my points still look good and work perfectly. I play quite a bit but I do use 4 sets of darts.

Just wondering.
I ordered the repointer and several sets of Target Storm points ,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have the new Target repointer and it's very easy to use. I had the older one and points would get stuck in the collet. I have no idea how that would happen just using enough pressure to seat the point into the dart. Also the older one doesn't work with Storm points - the older one is also virtually identical to the Bulls repointer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
(06-07-2016, 08:08 AM)mark-essex Wrote: Newbie question here.  Do you repoint darts because they break, because they wear down, or because you have a preference for different types of points?

I've been playing about a year now and my points still look good and work perfectly.  I play quite a bit but I do use 4 sets of darts.

Just wondering.

I have replaced my points with Storms in 19 sets of darts. I think they are phenomenal. When they have a smooth transition to the barrel, they are much much easier on flights. Plus, they have a better chance of making it to the board. And, I think they look great. Usually, points are 26mm and I believe 30mm points make for more room in the bed. I have had one Storm point break when it hit a concrete floor. Other's have complained the points break easy. I can't speak to that as I usually play over carpet.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I only have experience with the designa repointer and it is a good tool for the money. There is no doubt a better, less manual and more consistent tool out there, but I also have no doubt that you would pay a lot more for it so it comes down to how much you want to spend on such a tool
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  repointer tool stripped John Anderson 3 301 04-26-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  New use for repointing tool Zero 2 352 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Bulls repointing tool jrod 5 511 08-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: vacation
  Repointing tool ? Jimmyp 4 766 03-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Jimmyp
  Bulls Professional Repointing Tool phm14 7 2,076 12-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Rivet tool brenthahn 11 4,791 09-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Cat
  How to use a pop rivet tool? Nurio 10 2,613 07-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Which tool to setup a new board and oche? Danger Mouse 7 2,373 09-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Combi Repointing Tool problems LorenzoParedes26scored 12 2,529 05-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish