Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGNZH4mZ6gs

Harrows have just recently brought out a new stem for the Clic system which they are calling a standard as it is pretty much the same shape of stem as we are used except of course for the bit where the flight clicks into place.

Click here to see the full range: Harrows Clic system

But its obviously a stronger stem than the previous slim version so should be more durable.  I don't think I had any problems with the slim stems but its nice to have the choice and these new standard are similar to my usual set up so that's a good thing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As well as the new stems they have also slightly improved the Clic flights by making them a little stronger by strengthening the spine and border but its not easy to detect but the border does feel a little thicker and the flights also weigh a little more as you will see in the pics below.

There is also three new colours to choose from: aqua (the ones reviewed here), orange and smokey.

PICS OF THE FLIGHTS AND STEMS:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

AQUA CLIC SLIMS: medium, midi and short

AQUA CLIC STANDARDS: medium, midi and short

AQUA CLIC FLIGHTS:

CLIC STEMS AND FLIGHTS FITTED TOGETHER:

FITTED ONTO MY 24G GOLD NUTZ DARTS:

WEIGHTS AND MEASUREMENTS:

This is the image from the Harrows site showing the measurements exactly for both slim and standard stems:

Weights of the slims: medium, midi and short:

Weight of the standard stems: medium, midi and short:

Weight of the old version Clic flights:

Weight of the new improved Clic flight:

Short standard and flight weight:

CONCLUSION:

I think the new standard stems are a great addition to the Clic system, I think from using them as much as I have so far I already see my darts flying better with these.  The slims flew fine but the new version is closer to what I use any way so I think its personal improved it for me.  I don't remember having any slim stems break but because steel tip darts are obviously more destructive than softtips due to the heavier weight and more destructive points it is a good idea to make a more durable stem like these and they do feel very strong, I have actually tried breaking it with my fingers but cant, so that's a good sign.

But like I say I never had an issue with the stems and overall the system worked well and even the flights were quite long lasting except my issue with my points damaging the window where the flights click on.  I think that was as much to do with how my darts land/enter the board as anything but it was never the less the weak point for me.

I think its too early to say if the improved flights have helped to lessen that issue but I do notice that the gap on the window is not as big as it was previously so that may help and although the flights are still nice and flexi and still keep their shape well they do also feel stronger.

The flights still spin easy enough but they felt a little tighter fitting to me and there was no loose rattly feel at all.

I actually like how my darts are flying with them but I will need to give them a good workout and report back on how they fare, so far they are doing well but its still early days Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

At less than £5 or £6 (depends where you buy) for a complete setup its still like any other system something to think about when compared to bog standard poly flights and a nylon stem which could be less than £1 in some cases, but like I always say these systems are definitely worth trying at least once as you just never know how it will suit you and the only way to find out is to bite the bullet and see.  I think the Clic system compares very favourable with others on the market and with the new standard stems its as close to a normal setup as you can get really but still with the advantage of perfectly shaped flights and all the other benefits associated with these systems such as the ease of use etc, so well worth a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also if you rather not have the flights spinning at all you can add a small rubber "O" ring to prevent it doing so:

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Aye Darren, you should be resting instead of all that hard work doing reviews!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brilliant review and video though!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Another great review! +1 for that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Those standard stems really look better than the slim ones in my opinion. Was thinking about to get some of these after your first review but the slim stems kind of held me off. Different situation now with the standard stems Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Target Perfect Storm 22g  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks fellas, I could do with a rest for sure lol!

Yeah I like these new standards, suit my throw better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

My standard stems arrived on Friday. I really like them. I use them with the little o rings, which hold the flight securely in place, no movement at all.

I have them in the exact same colour as this too!

I am now going to go and check if I can tell the difference between my flights... I had no sea they were updated!
Very nice thanks for the review Darren. Tempted to try some when I next order
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Great review mate, need to try these new stems and flights as I was quite impressed when I first tried the clic system
all we need now is more flight shapes
I think so too. I would like fantail shape flights with Clic system!
"Way aye, Man..!"  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Another fine review and photography, Darren. And another +1 from me (I'll try these Clics one day!)
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Thanks guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I used these in my match last night. I was throwing really well in practise.

I found that with nerves, I struggled to release them well. Almost as though the stem and flight were causing the dart to fly out of control (kind of like when you fit a stem that's too long for you, and they spiral).

Almost certainly my release, but it seemed to knock my fragile confidence even more than usual.
I also had a Robin Hood in my warmup! A bit surprising. The point went down in the lottle tiny hole in the flight.

It didn't damage the flight much tho, just a tiny stretch. Which seemed to recover its original shape afterwards.
does anyone know what is the total length of the full set up (inc flight) for both the midi stems and medium stems? i think i am gonna try some but i want to keep the total length as near as possible to my current set up.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

well done the review says all I need to know. I just can't spring for these yet as I have too many flights in the bucket to use up first.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Prima Darts Case Review Getagrip 5 275 12-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cuesoul Traj AK8 Flights Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 5 257 10-24-2020, 06:23 PM
  Archers Vice Grip stems review Getagrip 30 8,890 09-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Spangle
  Robson Plus Flights review Part 2 Getagrip 15 8,501 04-18-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Harrows Apex Points Review Getagrip 31 2,339 04-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: FSlater
  Condor Axe Flights Review Improved Version Getagrip 10 782 04-05-2020, 11:54 AM
  Harrows Imperial Darts Case Review Getagrip 8 1,120 01-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review Getagrip 29 5,416 11-30-2019, 05:20 PM
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 11,917 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Ten X Darts Flights Review Getagrip 10 1,458 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM