Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Flight thickness
Have had a bit of a break from darts the last couple of months, but picking them back up again and have finally figured out my wolframs. Seems they go well with pear flights and medium stems but I'm wondering if the retina pears will fly different to the plain poly pears? The poly ones are 100 micron but seem darn flimsy and don't last long with other darts hitting them. Hoping the retinas will be even more stable and last longer. Regular marathons fly well too so that's why I was hoping something stiffer might be worthwhile.
 Its all a work in progress... one throw at a time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i would have thought that the poly ones would be 75 micron. the retinas are very nice flights for sure.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-06-2016, 12:08 PM)rich345 Wrote: i would have thought that the poly ones would be 75 micron. the retinas are very nice flights for sure.

Quite possibly, they are a lot more flimsy than harrows marathon flights
 Its all a work in progress... one throw at a time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hmm ... I noticed that if the description doesn't say 'strong' for a poly, it's softer, regardless of the thickness. For example, poly 75 strong is the same thickness of poly 75, but feels a whole lot stiffer. DC usually states nothing (think of it as normal poly, a bit softer), strong or extra-strong.

Retinas are 100 microns, and extra strong, i.e., very stiff. I think, because it's so stiff, direct, repeated impacts might tend to crack the flight, rather than tear it, but they do take quite a beating. It theory it should stabalize the dart better then softer flights.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I Just ordered a few more flights by using thickness as my gauge ,,, I love the 75 micron thick flights ,,, they are lighter in weight ,,, and for me if I throw with storm points ,,,or darts with smooth transitions where the point meets the barrel ,, then they last just as long as any other,,,.,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
in my experience i found out that maybe the 75 micron flights last longer than the 100microns. one big amount of dammage to the flights comes from other flights hitting them and not only from the barrels. so as fas as the 75 is more flexible i think they make less damage to the others
(06-06-2016, 03:46 PM)copigme Wrote: in my experience i found out that maybe the 75 micron flights last longer than the 100microns. one big amount of dammage to the flights comes from other flights hitting them and not only from the barrels. so as fas as the 75 is more flexible i think they make less damage to the others

Agreed ,,,,I think the thin flight flexes out of the way more and causes less of those "stopped in mid air" deflections,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looking at the other end of the dart, Trident 180s are the best thing I've found for extending flight life.
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
i use target or harrows 100 micron flights smaller standard and trident 180s and have few deflections.flights last a long time.
target carrera 24 gr c4s target titanium/ carbon stems,.target vision  flights
harrows bristow 24gr natural ringed,24g gold
harrows bristow 24gr cocked hand
harrows powerpoint 24gr vintage 1994
blade 4 board
ales and nails,BEER IN ACTION
I was very dubious about how much difference the thickness would make, I was shocked to see the change in flight (for me) when I tried 75,s, dart was sideways in the board but as soon as I put 100,s in it landed truer and didnt fishtail as much, standard size flight, again just personal trial and error but worth noting,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

How does the thickness of the flight say 150 micron effect the flight of the dart compared to the identical flight on the same dart but with 75 or 100 micron? Or is it so minimal that you wouldn't really notice a difference?
For me and my throw and my darts (all of them) the effect between 75, 100 or 125 micron is very noticeable (everything else the same).

I use 100 micron Unicorn Plus flights (the Maestro ones), but when I put on the Core 75s my darts feel faster out of my hand. In contrast, the 125 micron Super Maestros make the dart feel sluggish.
(03-08-2017, 04:15 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: I was very dubious about how much difference the thickness would make, I was shocked to see the change in flight (for me) when I tried 75,s, dart was sideways in the board but as soon as I put 100,s in it landed truer and didnt fishtail as much, standard size flight, again just personal trial and error but worth noting,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have to agree with BounceOut. This has been my experience as well. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it does.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(06-06-2016, 03:46 PM)copigme Wrote: in my experience i found out that maybe the 75 micron flights last longer than the 100microns. one big amount of dammage to the flights comes from other flights hitting them and not only from the barrels. so as fas as the 75 is more flexible i think they make less damage to the others

I agree.

Roland
I use 23 and 21 gram darts and I heard from older players that 75 micron flights are better for lighter darts, so I tried and I do think that on my darts these flights are better then 100 micron. I don't know if this is the true or that I'm just under influence of the more experience players, but I am sticking with 75 micron flights. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight thickness and noticeable effects Gooddark 17 1,021 10-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: MrTinkertrain
  Flight shapes and flight trajectories and land angle B2B180 6 947 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF