Unicorn

Need some advice on which soft tip darts are suitable?
Hi guys,

I've got a Winmau Blade 4 Dual Core board and I'm using steel tip darts, but I'm sure I've read about people using soft tipped darts on a steel tip board? 

Firstly is this correct?

Secondly, do they go in without much force?

The reason I ask is that I want to get a set for my 5yr old nephew so he can play darts with me when he visits, it'll be a lot safer for him.

Assuming the above is correct, can you recommend a good set of soft tip darts suitable for a 5yr, obviously he doesn't need expensive darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks in advance.

D.M Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Hi there buddy,

I've recently bought these for my 5 y/o son...

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=49057

I bought some of these tips too, as they were colourful, cheap, and looked pointy...

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=9739

They stick in the board well for me. My son is still learning his throw, so there are quite a few bounce outs for him. However, he loves it at the moment. I set up my blade 4 next to my main stand.

I use the Bulls rotating bracket, so it is very very easy to switch positions. If he really gets into it, I'll purchase another board.

Best of luck, please feedback how you get on.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi mate,

That looks perfect, and seems almost the same setup as me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

His mum has bought him a basic soft tip setup and he loves playing that, actually be asked her for one as his uncle had one and he wanted to play darts too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Think I'll grab a set of those for him as a surprise when he visits next.

It's a nice feeling when the little ones share a passion that we hold as well, think you've got another Phil Taylor in the making there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks again and I will of course report back, unless of course he whoops my butt lol
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time soft tip buying advice. BillyBumbler 15 3,562 04-13-2017, 12:50 AM
Last Post: BillyBumbler