Target Darts.

Harrows Weapon Kunai 18g Soft tip Review
Hi guys this will my my review of the Harrow Weapon Kunai Soft Tip dart that I purchased for £15 (ex. VAT) which is about $22 US. The Kunai is one of the many barrel shapes in the Harrows Weapon range, with the entire range being made of 80% tungsten. The darts come packaged in a slim purple box and come fitted with a set of clear purple Supergrip shafts, a set of Keypoint tips and they are held in a cheap plastic case. Inside the package there are a set of Weapon Kunai flights in the Harrows standard shape (small standard or shape if you are familiar with Cosmo and L-style flight systems) as well as an extra set of Keypoint soft tips. The Keypoint tips do not work well with Dartslive machines bouncing out frequently as the diameter of the tips are slightly too large for the holes on the board, different boards may respond differently. The tips however are very durable handling all the bounce outs without breaking once.

After about 3 months of use the shine on the barrel has flattened. The barrel itself is a short slightly torpedo shaped barrel which tapers symmetrically towards either end. It measures 40mm in length, about 7.2mm at the widest point and tapers to about 5.6mm at the ends. The barrel is drilled to 11mm on both ends making it a centre balanced barrel and the 2BA bore on both ends means this barrel is fully reversible. All set up the balance point moves slightly rear of centre, ideal for middle and rear grippers. 

The length of the barrel is covered in a shallow, square ring grip that provides nice sharp edges to grip. I would rate them at a medium level of grip but the barrel does become a bit slippery if you have sweaty hands. However, for a rear gripper the grip is somewhat enhanced due to the taper of the barrel providing something to push against, while front grippers will find that the very slight taper allows the dart to be gripped easily even from the nose but they may have more issues with slipping since they are pulling the dart towards the board. With my rear grip I found the darts to be easy to control flying smoothly through the air following a smooth arc as you can see in the high speed video below. (Go fullscreen for best view of dart flight)

For use on a bristle board I use Target Titanium Pro conversion points. These darts fit the points perfectly, they go on virtually seamless and transitions smoothly from barrel to point with no lip.

These darts are a great soft tip dart for those who like a short barrel slightly rear of centre balanced dart. They flew smoothly from front grip to rear grip with my preferred shaft and flight setup of an L-style silent 330 shaft and Shape L-flights. The short length of the barrel means that the balanced point is never far from the grip point no matter where you grip it. The fairly wide barrel allows an easy tension free grip but does cause some deflections but nothing major. For the price these darts are a must try and present a very good value, even if you do not typically favour a short barrel this set of darts is well worth the try due to the low cost.

Summary Ratings:

Grip : 6/10 (Shallow square ring grip can become slippery if you have sweaty hands)
Quality : 9/10 (Very well machined, tips and shafts screw in smoothly)
Value : 9/10 (Would have been 10/10 if they were made from 90% Tungsten)
Overall : 8.5/10 (Well made barrel with grip being the weakest point)
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
+1 for you.
Good review and like shape a lot, with even grip throw the barrel.
Target titanium conversions are a must.
Valencia/Spain

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review - I like the shape of these - Harrows make some decent budget soft tips - you can't go wrong at that price.

+1 from me too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review mate and nice slow-mo! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

That's a very nice dart for a great price!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Definitely another +1 for the detailed and comprehensive review!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I had this on my radar, but always wonder if the grip might be too mild. Now i know! Modification time if I get it! Lol!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(05-29-2016, 11:58 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote: Nice review - I like the shape of these - Harrows make some decent budget soft tips - you can't go wrong at that price.

+1 from me too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Pac!

(05-29-2016, 11:58 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote: Nice review - I like the shape of these - Harrows make some decent budget soft tips - you can't go wrong at that price.

For an 80% tungsten dart at that price it's almost a steal. I've seen some places selling brass darts for more than that.

(05-29-2016, 12:33 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review mate and nice slow-mo! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

That's a very nice dart for a great price!

Thanks Grip! Nice to hear from the master of reviews himself!

(05-29-2016, 06:48 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Definitely another +1 for the detailed and comprehensive review!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I had this on my radar, but always wonder if the grip might be too mild. Now i know! Modification time if I get it! Lol!

If the rings were cut slightly wider i think that would push these darts into the high - medium range, It's definitely worth a try at the price.
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
Knowing me, I'll probably cut sharp purists and sharks.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review, alot of nice darts in the Harrows weapon range.
The images aren't showing for me in this review, any idea what it is?
I think the site that I uploaded them to originally has probably changed the file directory. I will try to fix it when I have some more time. Sorry for that!

*edit* I just added the images straight to the forum as attached files. Cheers!

Thanks for updating Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 10,410 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 356 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 473 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 351 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 3,760 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 496 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 697 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 301 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Shot Tribal Weapon Koa Darts Review Getagrip 7 382 09-23-2020, 01:58 PM
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 9,941 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM