Shot Darts

I wish I could do this during a match
Last night, I was giving a throw at the 'Cricket numbers'.

T20, T19, T18.   Off to a great start.

3 Single 17s.  Okay.  Would still be no points scored if against an opponent, but 17-20 are done.

Completely missed 16.  @$%$  Follwed by two singles and a miss.

Miss, T16, T15.

25, Bull

17 darts.  Considering perfect is 8 darts, I think my practice method(s) (which I've posted) are working.

It's obvious though, that 16 might need some work.  It comes and goes.  A week or so ago, playing a guy from my team, I '9-marked' 16.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
good shooting regardless of missing 16 initially, would not have lost the game unless playing a top notch player
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Really good shooting there. I find the 16 to be the toughest cricket number. I think being right handed, the angle of the 16 bed works against my fade.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Great darts! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks, guys... I don't start another season until the end of August. A lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time with no darts, except playing by myself/practicing. I need to find a local blind draw during the off-season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
great stuff
Superb darts well done. A very good player once told me if you can do it in practice you can do it in a match. It will come no doubt
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

for me 16s and 15s are really just a matter of what day it is. some times i can destroy 16s and 15s. some days i cant hit 16s for crap but T15 at will it seems. if im feeling like i can hit it then ill always start off aiming at the trip. but if i were doing bad in practice or if i did horrible at that number in my last game or whatever then i will just concentrate on hitting a fat single, then use that momentum to try and find the triple bed. to me, its most important to get that first one in there, not only for the mark but also because the first dart is never the one you want to waste. so a lot of times (especially with 16) i will throw at it just as i would if i were playing x01 and had 48 left. that usually helps me get at least one in there.

15 and 16 both are so tricky because its so easy to miss high or low. you dont really have that with any other cricket number. well i guess you could make a case for 18 (i routinely nail T4 aiming at 18) but for a right handed player your natural arm movement pretty much follows the angle of the bed from the bull up to the double (a fact that ive been using a lot lately when i need to hit a single number or two).

if i can get that first one in there i can usually follow it up with 2 more or a triple or 2. but if i miss the first one then im thinking that i have to get triple, which significantly closes off my strike zone, and normally results in more bad shots.

hope this helps!

MC