Shot Darts

Target Carrera C12 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZnBKGwNq-0

This is another model in the Carrera Pixel grip range, this one is the 22g C12 which is also available in 24g and is 90% tungsten and retails for £52.95.

You can find them on the Target site here: Carrera C12

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

As with most of the Target darts now they come in a slim line box which has a nice carbon fibre style design and inside a slide out foam insert holding the darts with some short pro grip stems and Carrera Vision flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a rather interesting shaped barrel and I like the look of these ones, there is not as much pixel grip on these as some of the ones in the range but I think it makes the grip stand out more as a feature and datum point. These kind of felt very slightly less grippy at the front than the C3 did but overall I would say its still about a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

There is just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest barrel so very good:

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is just front of centre:

With the supplied set up it moves right to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was happy enough gripping them at the front although I preferred the front grip on the C3 model:

Darts landed in board in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

This is another very nice model in the Carrera range but I was not so keen on them at first with my front grip.

I think they flew well enough gripping at the front but I was getting less stability with these than I was with the C3 and I sort of felt I had a little more control of the dart with my front grip on the C3 and most strange of all as these are a little shorter I was expecting the balance to be better at the front than the C3 but it was not as good.

I do think after more play time though they have grown on me a little and performed better than my initial outing with them but I would say for me personally the C3 model just felt like it suited me better. I do think some front grippers may prefer this version though as it was not really bad and I can see some people with smaller fingers having better success with the front grip.

Throwing from the middle the darts were more stable and could probably be a nice dart for middle grippers but there is no pixel grip there and to me it seems kind of pointless to buy a dart that has its main feature as its selling point but then not using it?

I think though that this is likely a very nice dart for rear grippers, it flew nice from there and was probably the most stable through the air in spite of me not throwing it so accurate lol. But I think it was also comfy to grip on the rear and balance was nice too, so I would certainly recommend rear grippers try it.

Quality again is very nice and I think this is a nice looking model possibly one of the nicer ones in the range Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (really like this one)
Grip: 8 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (very close)
Quality: 8.5 (nice overall)
Value: 7.5 (not crazy expensive but would be nice a little cheaper say £40 - £45)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (was better after I got used to them)

Best Feature: Looks and comfy rear grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

The more I look at these, the more I think they're quite unlike the other C range - with so little pixels. Very different ... but would bode well for darters whose other fingers get caught up with too many rows of pixels.

Great review and photos once again Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review darren, Interesting looking darts for sure!
Great Review again and although i was not so sure about these and put them in second Choice
i´m quite happy that x2v choose the Wrights because i´m keen to try the C12 soon.
Nice review and nice darts! The shape reminds me a bit of Harrows Retinas.
:10/10:    Good review from the best! The darts reminds me of :  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Watching this now... Gonna be another gud un I know, Darren...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Another +1, Darren... and here's a tune for those two "Bad Dawgs" for worrying Snakey... (R.I.P.)

# Told you once before and I won't tell you no more
So get down, get down, GET DOWN
You're a bad dog baby
But I still want you around..... #  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Thanks nutz!

(05-27-2016, 09:46 PM)Zsocca Wrote: :10/10:    Good review from the best! The darts reminds me of :  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

[Image: https://www.netmore.hu/files/styles/larg...ore-hu.jpg]

LOL thats evil! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-28-2016, 01:29 AM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: Another +1, Darren... and here's a tune for those two "Bad Dawgs" for worrying Snakey... (R.I.P.)

# Told you once before and I won't tell you no more
So get down, get down, GET DOWN
You're a bad dog baby
But I still want you around..... #  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
[Video: https://youtu.be/HFVueJSJuEM]

LOL Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another quality review. Quite a diferent style of carrera dart and interesting to see
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

How many of you will watch this video because of Argos now having the 24g version of these as the 'Exchange Edition'?

I know I did, before anybody goes into rage mode with me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I just bought a set of these yesterday , to replace my old but true set of the last 25 years lol . I did take a 15 year break in there , but have been back at it for the last 3+ years now . After about 5 or 6 hours of playing with them , i am really liking them . Im a mid grip , and i like a smooth mid section , and these felt good when i was trying them out in the store . I also stepped up 1 gram in my weight , from 21 to now 22 , so far so good .
Thanks for the review , i found it very helpful

Steve
(11-20-2017, 04:07 AM)aflica Wrote: I just bought a set of these yesterday , to replace my old but true set of the last 25 years lol . I did take a 15 year break in there , but have been back at it for the last 3+ years now . After about 5 or 6 hours of playing with them , i am really liking them . Im a mid grip , and i like a smooth mid section , and these felt good when i was trying them out in the store . I also stepped up 1 gram in my weight , from 21 to now 22 , so far so good .
Thanks for the review , i found it very helpful

Steve

Thanks and glad it helps Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 994 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 677 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 798 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 973 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 747 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 329 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,414 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 630 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 108,145 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Target RVB 95 Generation 3 Darts Review Getagrip 12 737 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM