Double Top Darts.

Mitchell hopes to unlock prize pot with perfect nine
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
SCOTT Mitchell hopes he has been saving his best for the World Trophy – and is targeting a nine-darter.

The Bransgore thrower, who won the Welsh Open earlier this month, will kick off his campaign at the prestigious £150,000 event tomorrow when he takes on Scotland skipper Ross Montgomery (9pm).

A purse of £50,000 is up for grabs for a nine-dart finish at Lakeside Country Club and Mitchell reckons he is not far off the perfect leg.

He told the Daily Echo: "I've come close a couple of times in the past few weeks so I'm hoping I've been saving it.

"I hit a couple of 180s back-to-back in one of the legs in the Welsh Open and I've been missing the seventh or eighth dart for a nine-darter at home.

"I'd love that £50,000 to be mine!"

Landscape gardener Mitchell prepared for the Dave-televised tournament by cutting grass on eight football pitches ahead of Burton Youth's popular football tournament this weekend.

The 45-year-old could potentially meet BDO legend Martin Adams in the quarters – the man he beat in the 2015 Lakeside final.

But Mitchell's eyes are firmly focused on his last-32 clash with Montgomery, which is due to be contested over 11 legs.

He added: "As a player, you don't feel part of a tournament until you have won your first game. When you have an opponent like Ross, you don't really look past that.

"Ross is a tough draw for me because he is very experienced. He came through the qualifiers and that's no mean feat in itself. It shows he is in a bit of tidy form.

"He's been to Lakeside many times before but hasn't always shone there and I'm hoping that will be the case this time because I've never beaten him.

"There would be no better place to end my bogey run."
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wolfie hopes to be enriched by appearing at the ‘home of darts’ hamo 4 911 05-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Sidewinder