Darts Buddy

New practice game for doubling in
It seems that one of the biggest problems I have is doubling in.  I do much better on the way out, but I've lost more than my share of legs because I end up chasing a double to start.  In my league, we play our singles 501 DIDO, as well as another league I was in plays 301 DIDO.  With 301 it's even more critical to get in sooner rather than later.

The other night I was practicing scoring then going around the board in doubles, then I had a thought....

301 DIDO but each round has to start with a scoring double before other darts are counted.  If you get the double on your last dart, well, your next round begins at the double.

If your within range of going out and end up odd with one dart, try to leave yourself a single dart out.

Something more challenging just occurred to me.  Throw the first dart at an odd number, then only score on doubles until you reach 0.  Except for the first shot at an odd number, singles, triples do not count.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
Not a bad little game that. I sometimes would have a go with this as my warm up and just use D20/D10 to get the score down from 300 or 500. My starting double is D16 so I sometimes use this as my warm up game but mainly its the tops to get my arm following through correctly.
Dart  - 23G Red Dragon Scorpions
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* My Wishlist - Please contact me if you are willing to sell/swap any of these! *

24G Red Dragon Lethal Magic
25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

DIDO is very rare where i am now i used to play it loads years back but not as much now
(05-27-2016, 03:40 AM)JayPro Wrote: It seems that one of the biggest problems I have is doubling in.  I do much better on the way out, but I've lost more than my share of legs because I end up chasing a double to start.  In my league, we play our singles 501 DIDO, as well as another league I was in plays 301 DIDO.  With 301 it's even more critical to get in sooner rather than later.

The other night I was practicing scoring then going around the board in doubles, then I had a thought....

301 DIDO but each round has to start with a scoring double before other darts are counted.  If you get the double on your last dart, well, your next round begins at the double.

If your within range of going out and end up odd with one dart, try to leave yourself a single dart out.

Something more challenging just occurred to me.  Throw the first dart at an odd number, then only score on doubles until you reach 0.  Except for the first shot at an odd number, singles, triples do not count.

Hi Jaypro,

I developed a double practice game/drill on this a couple of years ago and posted it here a few times....You start on the 25 and can only score on doubles... surprisingly after a few games the rest of the board seems to fades away. However you have to be careful and plan your closing sequence :s

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

this is a neat idea! definitely gonna try this one. in my league we play doubles 501 that is DIDO and singles 301 that is DIDO. in 301 if you dont double before or directly after your opponent, you are in a very very bad spot. i practice doubles quite a bit but the pressure to get one in 301 makes it completely different than doubling out, to me at least.

good idea, will definitely try it. thanks for posting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MAD COW! ~ Double Out Practice Game wzywg 0 175 03-06-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: wzywg
  Practice ring game tropicalpalmtree 4 202 02-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Rising Tide, Practice Game Sbruno33 0 243 02-13-2020, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Sbruno33
  My Darts Practice Game DAVEISTHENAME 7 933 07-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Trifle
  20's Practice Game JamieJ 4 657 07-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Baloos
  Eric Bristow's practice game. Beanerds 9 1,533 03-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  New practice game i thought of. Thoughts? reddog153 8 1,239 02-13-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: reddog153
  Drew's 100 (for practice and as a game with a built in handicap) LoveTheDartsCDN 9 1,633 12-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: wongerchi
  Doubling in practice JayPro 6 691 10-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: JayPro
  What's your PPT and Doubling Percentage? Banz 13 2,032 08-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Banz