Harrows Darts.

Smooth Darts.
I've been thinking of getting some Red Dragon Sleex which are smooth darts. I wondered if anyone had used them and how they found them for grip. Or if anyone has used other smooth darts, I know some people have said the polished Hankey's are good.
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
Hanky's or the Datadart CT's
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
the datadart orion smooth are a pretty good choice too. Anderson used them for a while and they are basically a copy of the unicorn Terry Jenkins darts.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Smooth darts offer more grip than you'd think - probably to do with the increased surface area of your fingers on the dart. I've used Hankey's, Jenkins, and some smooth copper tungstens - all nice darts. I'd definitely recommend getting your hands on some smooth CT's if you can find a set  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have used both the standard and the atomised hankey darts and find them both good darts and easy to adapt too.

I think the shape of the Hankey darts helps aswell with the slight taper as it gives you slightly more thrust on release.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Everyone should try at least one set of smooth darts, they are easier to throw than you think. Andy "the pieman" Smiths are less than £20 and lovely to throw.
I am waiting at the moment for a set of 23 gram natural Hankeys that I could not resist on ebay for £10 inc postage.
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Hankey's are an awesome set of darts.
Darts
Harrows 21 gram Fire darts.
Winmau 21 gram Hankey darts.

Best leg 501 - 11 Darts

Best finish
160 comp.
164 Dartman
146 Wda

WDA - 3Bulls
Dartman - 3Bulls

Thanks guys, my thinking with the Sleex is that I want something Lowe shaped but with a bit less grip. I so sometimes seem to have too much grip and thought going for none would be better.
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
Hi JohnL, I've a set of McKicks Premium Blacks in 24g. They are smooth and almost identical to the Lowe style sleex in 23g/25g. They have a quite good grip especially when they are warm. If you suffer from very dry hands or if the darts are cold the grip is rather poor but afterwards it's a joy to throw them. I can certainly recommend to try a set of Sleex but as always at the end it's a very individual thing.
Hadn't seen the McKicks, I'll have to check them out as well thanks.
(05-26-2016, 08:36 PM)JohnL. Wrote: Hadn't seen the McKicks, I'll have to check them out as well thanks.

The McKicks were just an example - the RD sleex are very much the same (85% tungsten in opposite to 90% for the McKicks) but the RD Sleex are cheaper ;-)
Has any pro won anything with smooth arrows ?
(05-27-2016, 01:20 AM)*Saber* Wrote: Has any pro won anything with smooth arrows ?

Ted Hankey BDO World Champion 2009  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(05-27-2016, 03:36 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 01:20 AM)*Saber* Wrote: Has any pro won anything with smooth arrows ?

Ted Hankey BDO World Champion 2009  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+ " Birdie " Bunting BDO champ & although he's not won " Bullie" Jenkins has appeared in a good few finals
I started off down the path of more and more grip until I got to the point where it affected my release.
I picked up some Datadart Orions and was surprised how much grip you get from them. I'm still not fully confident with them as I do get the odd dart released without enough on it but I love how they slide together when they group.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smooth darts Matt.1994 9 364 11-24-2020, 03:37 PM
Last Post: The Jester
  Why not more darts with smooth transition from tip to barrel? Michaelinpr 24 988 10-19-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Smooth Darts on DartsCorner? Zero 12 651 01-22-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Annoying smooth bit on darts Chappers 4 426 04-20-2019, 07:25 PM
Last Post: 5or1
  Smooth Copper tungsten darts Jeroen 5 1,536 07-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  Darts with that smooth part in the middle !! *Saber* 13 4,422 05-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  What are the best smooth darts around? DanGoldsmith180 13 5,612 11-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Crawforde
  Smooth Gold Darts Anyone ChrisTheFish 2 1,009 02-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Last Post: DanGoldsmith180