Shot Darts

Backup Dartset?
Does anybody have a second set of his Darts (the Barrels) at home as a reserve? 

Maybe the question is silly, because a Barrel is almost undestroyable. But what if, after 15 years, a Dart get lost? I think the most Darts are out of stock after that long period. And then you are forced to  have to change your loved Barrels. 

Am I paranoid, or should I buy myself a second set?
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

I honestly never thought about this. I just bought myself a second set of the Showtime Fuzion darts but I bought them for a friend. I like to think my darts are invincible and that I'd never lose them but hey a second set cant hurt. Lets say you're playing a friend you can both use the same set and have no excuses for who loses lol
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a backup set, but I keep them in my car so I'm always ready for a game if the opportunity arises.
Yep. I have a back up set of my John Lowe Golden Ti 21g that I keep as a handy second set in my Taylor Hybrid wallet as there's space for a spare set. As yet they are still pristine and untouched as I've never needed them as my regular set is almost as good as new, and I intend to keep it this way for as long as possible (I actually have a third set, but these I intend to keep boxed and untouched (in case, heaven forbid, they're ever discontinued), only to be taken out in case of "emergency", lol).

Barrels should last a very long time, but there's always a chance that a point may break, or a stem snap off. Much quicker - especially if you're mid-match - to swap to a spare set until you can get the breakage fixed. Worth bearing in mind, if you can afford a second set.
[font=Arial]"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."[/font]

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
My match darts are the "house brand" from a tiny shop in Brixton. They were the second-to-last set they had. As soon as I got them, I loved them so I bought the last set as well. Very glad I did.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I don't have a spare set but I use a Bristow style dart which I reckon will always be available. The emergency set I carry is wildly different in style and weight but I can throw them as they were my original tungsten dart.

I would say that the one thing that wears on darts can be the grip. Depending on the type of grip.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Darts can get nicked, or 1 dart goes flying into oblivion, besides what ChrisHarvey mentioned.

I have darts that are of the same shape, but slightly different and can be interchanged spontaneously.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have 2 sets of Hellifires after I saw other Nutz saying they had broken a storm point when they hit a concrete floor during a match and found myself buying 2 sets of the 22 gram Dartsclearance barrels too.
Anyone bought 2 sets of the new Taylor barrels LOL
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I have 3 lots of doubles. 2 sets of rastas (one natural one black) 2 sets of wolfies, and 2 sets of my current favourite dart. Normally I play for ages with a set, decide I like them so buy a back up set, then go off them...

I've only bought a back up of my current favourite (21g 97% tungsten Scott Waites copies) because I'm going abroad and they have a board at my hotel. If my suitcase goes I'd miss my darts the most!
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
Ask mc about his rasta back ups lol
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
(05-25-2016, 04:58 PM)Alex Wrote: Ask mc about his rasta back ups lol

I believe he has back ups for his back ups for his back ups  etc, I think he likes them LOL
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(05-25-2016, 04:33 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Darts can get nicked, or 1 dart goes flying into oblivion, besides what ChrisHarvey mentioned.

I have darts that are of the same shape, but slightly different and can be interchanged spontaneously.

And indeed for those reasons as well, Christopher! A dart going flying into oblivion (mine have temporarily gone flying into oblivion several times after a bounce-out, as my board is fitted to the open door that leads to a somewhat cluttered under the stairs) is always a possible reality - and a complete and utter disaster...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
And thanks for the +1, JoelH. Much appreciated, buddy. CHEERS!!!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Once I finally settle on a set I will probably get a backup set of those.
I bought a second set of my league darts because I wanted to try Storm points in them.   I was lucky I had 2 sets because I am one of those who started using storm points and have them break during a match.  Then I just took out my second set of non storm points and continued playing without having a melt down about the point breaking.

If I was not going to try Storm points I probably would not have had a second set of the same darts but I always have another set I have practiced with available.