Target Darts.

Unicorn Adam Paxton 23g darts review

Some of you may not know Adam but he was a very active member on the old site, I think he joined then in around Sept 2012 and he has had a few posts on here too, his username is Skyblueadam.

I remember when he would posts his challenge results and a few members thought he was just making it up but I knew from what he was telling me he was a good player and he posted a few vids to prove it.

So it was great when Unicorn decided to sponsor him, I was chuffed for him and its great to be able to review his darts although he has badgered me a fair bit about reviewing them lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Anyway he kindly sent some which are actually for a friend of his so I will be posting them back soon.

The darts are part of Unicorns Generation 180 range of young and upcoming players and they are 90% tungsten and 23g only and retail for a reasonable £26.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a clam shell plastic box and inside there is a Unicorn Compact plastic case, a set of Adams signature flights, 8 flight protectors, and medium gripper shafts:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are a straight barrel shape with a tapered nose and a very grippy thin ring style grip which is high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

The difference between the lightest and heaviest barrels is seven hundredths of a gram:

Weight of the full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel is front weighted:

With the supplied set up the balance is slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

The darts have a nice grip at the front so I naturally liked that for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

After playing with the darts I think this is probably the style of grip it may suit best:

Using that above grip I was playing with them a little more and almost hit a 180, first 2 went in perfect and as usual I fluffed the third into the T5, was gutted as it would have been my first 180 with a rear grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed at a nice angle for me:

CONCLUSION:

I think a lot of people will like these darts actually. As a front gripper they were not too bad for me, I think the length was my biggest problem but if your a front gripper who prefers a long barrel then you should like these. The grip at the front was in the right spot for a front gripper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My problem with the length is that the darts had some slight spiralling and a little bit of fishtailing. I did try some short stems on afterwards and gave them a good test and that improved things a lot, they darts were much more stable and smooth then.

I think gripping round the middle was not too bad either but I think it may possibly be best with a rear grip and suit people that like to spread their fingers along the barrel.

But as I always say been a straight barrel it could very likely suit any style of grip, it just depends on what your favoured lengths and widths are.

Grip is a really nice thin cut style which I think a lot will like, its not overly aggressive but still provides plenty of traction.

The darts look very good too and price is quite reasonable so well worth a try if your thinking about them.

Cheers Adam and remember the Nutz when you win the worlds Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good looking dart)
Grip: 8.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (fairly close but could have been better)
Quality: 8 (fine)
Value: 8 (very reasonable)
Suitability for me: 7 (improved when I tried short stems)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Darren, makes my decision a lot more easy as I was watching these for some weeks now!
Thanks for sharing again.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Lovely looking darts, great review as well as usual (:
Thanks Ruben! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(05-22-2016, 07:51 PM)Walker Wrote: Lovely looking darts, great review as well as usual (:

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Adam done good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Mr PM lol - great looking darts though, I really need to get a set of these and the McKicks to go alongside the MVG collection
Oh, and he is showing as being online now - good luck with the arrows Adam Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wow! Your best review yet by a mile Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. massive thank you Darren! I'm a rear gripper myself but my grandads a middle gripper and he does alright with them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. So thankful for you doing the review! Will hopefully be more active on here as I've missed the chats massively Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Watch out! Mr PM is back Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Youth darts player proudly sponsored by Unicorn Darts. 
#TheWinningDouble
My Darts!

Very nice darts and a great review Darren.
(05-22-2016, 08:17 PM)skyblueadam Wrote: Wow! Your best review yet by a mile Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. massive thank you Darren! I'm a rear gripper myself but my grandads a middle gripper and he does alright with them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. So thankful for you doing the review! Will hopefully be more active on here as I've missed the chats massively Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Watch out! Mr PM is back Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great to see you around Adam
may all the doubles be with you

Great review as always and nice to see Adam back Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Another making me want them review by Getagrip, not sure about the slight front weight bias but they are going on my ever growing want list
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks for review!
Valencia/Spain

Fantastic review and photos Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Wish I could have a Kyle Anderson rear grip, with the Paxton front half in a double-threaded 2BA!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good to here Sky Blue Adam is making his way.
Thanks for the Review Darren,
Adam all the very best with your sig Darts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 41 26,701 04-25-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Bart
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 804 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 5,168 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 489 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 1,299 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 387 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 68,791 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,439 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 3 Purist Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 900 04-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Unicorn T90 23 grams review. Phil D 6 847 03-28-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade