Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Kwiz Titan dart stems review
Kwiz is an old name in the world of darts. So these are likely old technology but hey, they looked funky so I had to try them!

Anyway - here are the stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You'll see they're made of metal, even the prongs, and have rubber tubes on. These slide up and down, and come off if you want - they're adjustable-length stems!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This has been done recently with stems you can cut down to size, but these ones you don't have to. An interesting point about these darts is that 2 prongs are longer than the others:

This is supposedly to help people with bad eyesight load flights into the stem. Fair dos!

Anyway, let's get some meausrements on. Here's how much a stem on its own weighs:

One of the rubber tubes:

And the full stem:

Quite heavy then, but not for a metal stem. Here's a comparison to some more popular stems:

Target Pro Grip Spin

Deflectagrip durable nylon

Target Top Spin aluminium

Target Power Shaft Gen-2 Titanium

Here's the length of the prongs alone:

And full length including thread:

This is sold as a "medium" stem, so let's compare it to a medium stem!

A bit longer then.

Now to how they work. The tubes allow you to vary the effective stem length, so here's some flights in them!

Here's some setups compared to normal stems - starting with no tube vs an extra short:

Tube at the bottom vs medium stem:

Tube high up vs Cosmo #8 stem:

If you cut the tube down to size, you could get shorter lengths with it on. But the variablity is fine as is for me! 
I, of course, would test with the longest configuration possible, so here's my 12g Nodor Sharks dressed up with them:

They land in the board quite tail up with this setup but that's normal for me and standard flights.

So I switched to some DXM flights and they went right down!

Almost too far down for my liking. I tried moving the tube, but that doesn't affect angle much:

And removing it altogether:

It seems the only benefit of the adjustable length is characteristics of a longer stem. Doesn't seem to move balance or affect dart angle. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it means no extra weight of a longer stem!

These cost me just £1 from the shop I bought them from. I'd give these a 7/10 - they're a good idea, and I do like them, but you can have Target Pro Grip spin stems for the same money and I think they're just better, even though these can be adjusted!

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Nice review Josh, I bought some of them years ago but never liked them, they were a bit weird I thought. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review. Never seen or heard of those before so great to look at this review and see some new for me stuff! Cheers
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(05-21-2016, 01:05 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review Josh, I bought some of them years ago but never liked them, they were a bit weird I thought. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah they are a bit weird aren't they? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-23-2016, 10:54 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Nice review. Never seen or heard of those before so great to look at this review and see some new for me stuff! Cheers

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They just looked interesting so I figured why not, for £1 I can't do wrong right? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Nice review, just saw these on DC and couldn't figure out quite what they were, I knew the Nutz wouldn't let me down for info on them thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
Smile 
Our small league has some old school players who swear by these and have been using them for years.  I keep O rings around just for these folks, and yes, they have close range vision issues Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archers Vice Grip stems review Getagrip 30 8,660 09-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Spangle
  Target Titanium carbon stems review JayKay 24 10,126 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: John Weita
  Cusoul Rost Integrated Stems and Flights Review Getagrip 12 4,294 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: donnie
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 1,388 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights Getagrip 42 15,875 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Monster Dragster duralumin stems - mini review 4737 Carlin 21 7,227 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Unicorn Gripper 4 stems review and durability test Getagrip 27 14,084 01-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip