Darts Buddy

Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNFpg9SN6c

I got these on Saturday for our forum raffle courtesy of Showtime darts so many thanks to them for supplying the prize Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You can enter the raffle here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=20684

When I first saw the pics of these I was interested in the way they looked for sure but certainly more interested to see how they would work for someone like me who often tends to spin the dart naturally anyway.

Well lets reveal some details first.

The darts I am reviewing are 23g and there is also a 25g model.  They are 90% tungsten and retail for around £29.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The barrels are housed in a small plastic tray inside a neat small cardboard box and supplied with some short clear polycarbonate stems and Showtime standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a distinctive grip style, although I have seen spiral grip before I don't know of any dart that has it in 2 different directions and I have not seen it as deeply cut as it is on these. The nose is very square with just a very slight taper and the center section has a smooth band with the Showtime logo, first dart I have seen with the full logo on too. The spiral grip on the rear half goes pretty much to the end of the barrel save for a very slight shamfer. The grip level over all is high, not quite as grippy as the Fusion darts but a similar feel.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

All three barrels matched perfectly so excellent! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with the full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel is slightly front weighted:

With the supplied set up it moves just front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Was just right with my normal front grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in the board in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

Well I was very curious how these would work for me, I was expecting either a lot more spin than normal or for them to be fighting against my natural spin and giving me problems.

Surprisingly though they did not spin excessively and they fly very well indeed for my front grip. They feel effortless to throw and even with the spin they were finding the target more often than not.

I don't usually like my darts spinning too much personally, I think it slows down the flight of the dart and makes it drop because I don't throw particularly hard or fast so I try to concentrate on my release so I don't spin, its just an added headache for me but these were flying very well, hit a 140 (again!) on my first throw and hit a few more afterwards too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So for me I am very happy with them and it looks like I will have to be buying a set now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. My only slight gripe was the point felt just a smidge too short and as I like to rest my finger on the point I think a 27mm point may be better for me, that's just a personal thing though.

From my point of view the dart was spinning anti-clockwise when I threw it, so I wonder will it spin clockwise for a left frontier?

Anyway I had to try the other positions of the dart to gauge how it may work for others, I don't see any problems for people gripping in the centre and it still felt well balanced there and flew ok for me but at the rear I found to difficult to judge. I was expecting no spin when throwing from the rear and I was right, I got none or just a minimal spin but in the same anti-clockwise direction, so I don't know if the grip on the rear is counter acting my natural spin as it usually spins even more when I throw from the rear and it kind of felt a little stranger than it normally does for me trying it there so I cant really say if it will suit a rear gripper.

As I always say a straight barrel can often suit any style of grip so it is very possible rear grippers will be fine with these but of course it has that unique grip so I am afraid we are going to have to wait for a rear gripper to report on their experience with them but I don't think it should be an issue.

I definitely like the dart for my front grip so I wont hesitate to tell other fronties to try them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Quality is great, darts are very cleanly machined once again and for me its just a nice easy dart to throw.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (unique style)
Grip: 9 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8 (reasonable)
Suitability for me: 9 (great for me!)

Best Feature: Spiral grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Knew you'd post some proper pics Darren - nice one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Mike!

Good darts actually, flying well for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(05-18-2016, 05:56 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Mike!

Good darts actually, flying well for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah well, I am going to win the raffle and then they will be flying well for ME! HA!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Im waiting for them, straight barrel and grippy jujuju
Valencia/Spain

Great review, dude. My wishlist will become bigger and bigger because of your reviews. I think it will take not so much time and Showtime plays in one league with the known big ones. xcuse my bad english, but over 40 years I've been to school is a f...ing long time. Keep on, I'm waiting for every new review...
Best regards from Germany
real nice darts ..... great review as always darren
Well done review again Darren! The match weigth is absolutely perfect.
I find that the finish of the Showtime darts are of a very high grade! Perhaps even better than some well-known big brands imho.
Thanks for taking the time to review these! +1
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

I don't get the purpose of the spiral grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. . Is it supposed to impart spin? And depending upon how the dart is turned in your hand, the grooves will be contacting your fingers at different points; a small variable to be sure, but a variable nonetheless.
How does it feel this spiral grip ?

-ын Iphone ашиглан tapatalk илгээсэн
may all the doubles be with you

Have you altered your technique or something? Your grouping in this review seemed much
tighter than it normally is.
The grip looks nice and all but as said above there seems to be no advantage at all and it seems like it would feel quite strange in your hands.
Great review and pics. Very interesting grip, definitely one for the list to try out at some point just to feel the grip (even if they are a bit long and grippy for my usual liking!)
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Hi,
I was expected that review very much and I like the look of these darts. Could you compare them to unicorn neon 23g and what would be your opinion, because
you rated this above unicorn neon ?

Regards
DartBoard at home: Winmau Blade 4, Gladiator III One 80
DartBoard at club  : Winmau Blade 5 / DC /

Best checkout - 151
Best dart leg   -  18 darts

Darts used: 23g - Target Distinction Orion Pixel
(05-18-2016, 06:01 PM)Dartbuggy Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 05:56 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Mike!

Yeah well, I am going to win the raffle and then they will be flying well for ME! HA!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL Good Luck! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-18-2016, 06:41 PM)dondart Wrote: Great review, dude. My wishlist will become bigger and bigger because of your reviews. I think it will take not so much time and Showtime plays in one league with the known big ones. xcuse my bad english, but over 40 years I've been to school is a f...ing long time. Keep on, I'm waiting for every new review...
Best regards from Germany

Thanks and sorry for costing you more money lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-18-2016, 06:51 PM)ThemadhooseDBL1 Wrote: real nice darts ..... great review as always darren

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-18-2016, 07:21 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: Well done review again Darren! The match weigth is absolutely perfect.
I find that the finish of the Showtime darts are of a very high grade! Perhaps even better than some well-known big brands imho.
Thanks for taking the time to review these! +1

Cheers Ruben, yeah quality is very good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-18-2016, 09:47 PM)bkbum Wrote: I don't get the purpose of the spiral grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. . Is it supposed to impart spin? And depending upon how the dart is turned in your hand, the grooves will be contacting your fingers at different points; a small variable to be sure, but a variable nonetheless.

I don't know if the intention is to purposely cause the darts to spin but that's all I can think of really?

(05-18-2016, 09:54 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: How does it feel this spiral grip ?

-ын Iphone ашиглан tapatalk илгээсэн

Well just holding it in my fingers it kind of feels like a normal ring grip just slightly angled, hard to describe really. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-18-2016, 10:04 PM)skinnygav Wrote: Have you altered your technique or something? Your grouping in this review seemed much
tighter than it normally is.

I am trying to improve all the time and mostly its to do with making things more comfortable for me physical and so that I get less aches particularly in my wrist and shoulder. My shoulder has improved a huge amount but I still get wrist issues and lately I have been concentrating on the backward and forward motion of my forearm and its improving. I test myself now and then by throwing at the bullseye which is the area I have most trouble with and I have hit it first go on a lot of times in recent weeks, so I'm happy so far Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-19-2016, 12:04 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Great review and pics. Very interesting grip, definitely one for the list to try out at some point just to feel the grip (even if they are a bit long and grippy for my usual liking!)

Thanks Barry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-19-2016, 12:46 PM)Plamen Rangelov Wrote: Hi,
I was expected that review very much and I like the look of these darts. Could you compare them to unicorn neon 23g and what would be your opinion, because
you rated this above unicorn neon ?

Regards

Well with the Neon 2 I was very keen on them but it was not until I played with them more that I was getting better and liking them a lot more, so I am still in favour of the Neon 2 but these Revolver have worked very nice from the start for me so I will give them a few weeks and see if they are still working so well, it could be that new dart syndrome again but I don't think so as they just feel right Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 626 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 587 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 339 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Falcon F2 Darts Review Exclusive To Darts Clearance On eBay Getagrip 9 496 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM
Information Showtime Danielle Ashton "The Lancashire Rose Bud" 23g - Darts review Ryk 8 577 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Showtime reviewed darts index mc1958 2 2,576 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review Getagrip 34 59,675 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 11,673 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  ShowTime Darts Nitro st 22g darts review Getagrip 37 14,161 01-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Olsen65
  Master Darts, Jyhan Artut, 90% Tungsten, 18G Soft Tip Darts Review Ehudakineyah 7 1,714 10-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut