Harrows Darts.

Carerra c8 add weight
I'm curious if any of you have a set of the Carerra c8's soft tip.  I have been looking at them and like them but they are a little to light and I was curious if it would be possible to add any weight to these barrels with some Tungeston Putty.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yes, if it's drilled deep enough. I prefer lead as it's denser than putty and not messy. How much weight you want to add, and how deep is it drilled back and front? Joker Driver also has 3.5 and 4mm ball bearings but I find it a bit of space wastage. However, JDs are usually very deeply drilled.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i'm just looking ad add approx 2 grams.  my current scorpions II's are just over 20 grams barrel only and when it switch back to an older set of my 18 grams the weight difference is crazy.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
How deep are your darts drilled? Once you know, it's easy to make decisions about options. If you don't have calipers, just use a steel point, or any narrow stick, put it in all the way and mark it with a sharpie.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
that's what i'm curious about, how far they are drilled.  I don't have a set and would have to order them online.  but don't want to spend the $80 without knowing that I could add the weight.
You're in luck Horse!

I just found a Japanese review of them, and they are drilled, according to the review, 18mm on both ends. I suspect that should give you more than enough space to add 2g - 1g on each end with room to spare going by the TP Tutorial (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...y+tutorial) but i can't be entirely sure.

Worst case scenario, use tungsten inserts at 2.2g each, but you'll end up either with a front or back heavy dart, unless you manage to grind down, or cut the inserts. I've ground down the inserts and it's not too difficult.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

All the best me8!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-17-2016, 07:49 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: You're in luck Horse!

I just found a Japanese review of them, and they are drilled, according to the review, 18mm on both ends. I suspect that should give you more than enough space to add 2g - 1g on each end with room to spare going by the TP Tutorial (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...y+tutorial) but i can't be entirely sure.

Worst case scenario, use tungsten inserts at 2.2g each, but you'll end up either with a front or back heavy dart, unless you manage to grind down, or cut the inserts. I've ground down the inserts and it's not too difficult.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

All the best me8!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Excellent, that's what I was looking for, i may just be ordering a set now.  Thanks for all your help +1
My pleasure me8!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-17-2016, 04:35 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Yes, if it's drilled deep enough. I prefer lead as it's denser than putty and not messy. How much weight you want to add, and how deep is it drilled back and front? Joker Driver also has 3.5 and 4mm ball bearings but I find it a bit of space wastage. However, JDs are usually very deeply drilled.
Where do you get then lead? Or what should I be searching for?
Darts: 23 gram Shot! Silver Surfer
Flights: LStyle Small Standard Pro
Shafts: LStyle carbon 260 - Gomu
(04-22-2020, 05:28 AM)Jacob Schaeffer Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 04:35 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Yes, if it's drilled deep enough. I prefer lead as it's denser than putty and not messy. How much weight you want to add, and how deep is it drilled back and front? Joker Driver also has 3.5 and 4mm ball bearings but I find it a bit of space wastage. However, JDs are usually very deeply drilled.
Where do you get then lead? Or what should I be searching for?

If you're looking for lead rather than tungsten putty, Cabella's might be an option. I got the tungsten putty at Hobby Lobby.
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 60 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)