Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

PDC World Cup of Darts - Dutch team
Official Statement on behalf of Jelle Klaasen

JELLE KLAASEN has confirmed he will unfortunately be unavailable for selection for the World Cup of Darts due to personal commitments.

The Dutch sensation admits he is disappointed to be missing out on the 2016 tournament but would like to wish the Netherlands' representatives the very best of luck in the competition.

==================================================

Irrespective of what he did Klaasen is above Barney in the OOM - he should not have been forced to give up the right to play in the World Cup of Darts by virtue of being the second highest ranked Dutch player.
Had a feeling this was coming

PDC have covered themselves by making a new rule for 2016 stating that the 32 pairs would be selected at the discretion of the PDC.

This will also allow them to keep Taylor in the England team when he slips further down the rankings due to not entering as many events
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It got a bit awkward during their match at the weekend. At the end of the match Jelle was applauding MvG hitting the winning double and looked like he was waiting on the handshake. MvG gathered his darts, shook hands with the ref and markers and went and put his stuff away so Jelle had no option but to do the same. I know it has been cleared as ok for MvG to do this, but it looked awkward and strange for anyone not knowing the details watching on
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Probably for the best, as Elusive said there was just too much awkwardness this weekend during the match. I imagine them playing in the same team won't work at all.
Wonder what the PDC would do if Klaasen wins the World Championship at the end of the year - would they leave the World Champ out of the pairing?
I think, as long as Barney is competitive, he will play together with MvG. And after that period, if Jelle is still second best Dutchman then, MvG will take it on a professional level and play together with him.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

I was just thinking about this... Not really surprised I suppose...
It's actually a shame because I would like to see MVG and Klaasen team up.
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
(05-17-2016, 12:20 PM)JoelH Wrote: I think, as long as Barney is competitive, he will play together with MvG. And after that period, if Jelle is still second best Dutchman then, MvG will take it on a professional level and play together with him.

If you look at what he has done this year since the Worlds then Barney isn't competitive. The best he has placed was semi final in the UK Open, quarter final in one of the UK Open qualifiers and a last 16 in the Masters. As far as the Pro Tour events go he has only bothered to enter the first two events - he never entered 3 to 7 and is also not included for 8 and 9 this weekend. On the Euro Tour events he hasn't got through the qualifiers for those either. Even the Premier League exbo event he finished 7th out of 10, miles behind the 4 players who made it through to finals night.

Klaasen on the other hand also reached the UK Open semi final, has had 3 other quarter finals, several last 16 places (also including the Masters) and has also qualified for all 4 Euro Tour events so far.

Based on results in 2016 Klaasen is far more competitive and deserving of a spot in the WCOD than Barney.
In all reality i dont think you'll see MVG & Klaasen ever play together, as mention after there match you could see MVG wanted nothing to do with Klaasen
Do Klassen and MVG not get along?
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

(05-17-2016, 05:44 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: In all reality i dont think you'll see MVG & Klaasen ever play together, as mention after there match you could see MVG wanted nothing to do with Klaasen

I agree I can't see them ever playing together - but the PDC should have announced the teams and not told Klaasen to release the statement. Hopefully they gave him a decent enough pay off to say he couldn't make it.
(05-17-2016, 06:00 PM)TheDartFrog Wrote: Do Klassen and MVG not get along?

No they do not
(05-17-2016, 06:03 PM)Lurker1 Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 06:00 PM)TheDartFrog Wrote: Do Klassen and MVG not get along?

No they do not

Im watching the match now and the tension is brutal lol
180 Goal - 5/10  

They should just scrap it out like men and be done with it lol
anybody know why they don't get along? i've tried looking it up and only find other matches to where they don't shake hands lol
180 Goal - 5/10  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Dutch Darts Masters (ET 7) nixer55 94 3,356 05-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  Dutch Darts Championship 2018 mc1958 42 3,454 09-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Dutch Darts Masters 2018 (ET6) mc1958 51 3,861 05-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Dutch Darts Masters 2017 mc1958 63 8,581 09-05-2017, 02:44 AM
Last Post: The G
  Dutch Delight In Betway World Cup of Darts Great White North 1 1,017 06-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Getagrip