Darts Buddy

Target Carrera C3 23g darts review

Another nice model in the Carrera range, these are the C3 with the pixel grip technology and this is the 23g version, they are also available in 21 and 25 grams and are 90% tungsten. They retail for £52.95.

You can find the full range here: https://www.target-darts.co.uk/steel-tip/carrera.html

Now I have to say I totally forgot that these were the first darts I think I did a video review on, but I thought it was nice to do an update anyway. I think Mike won that first set in a forum comp and my first throw then was almost a 180, its funny as when I was reviewing them I was thinking "these are good, how come I have never tried this model before?" Well Durrrr! I have lol!

I just looked back at my reviews and I thought the first one I did was the C5 but it was not it was the C3, so I will just link to that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nah, I think its worth doing the update as my throw has slightly changed and also my video and phot work has improved since then, so here goes Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim box with a kind of carbon fibre style design and inside the darts are fully assembled in a foam insert and supplied Carrera Vision flights and short pro grip stems:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts do look very good and have a pleasing shape, the pixels on the front taper feel just a little more grippy to me than the ones on the rear and I would say the overall grip level is a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very closely matched and the difference between lightest and heaviest is seven hundredths of a gram so still pretty good:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is towards the front:

With the supplied set up it moves just slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I found these work very with my front grip and although I don't always get on with some tapers I felt I had plenty of control from the pixel grip with these:

POSSIBLY BEST GRIP POSITION:

I do think that if your grip like the pic below it is probably the best point for these, so if that you then get some! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in the board mostly in my normal angle:

CONCLUSION:

Well I was puzzled at first when I played with these as I had totally forgotten I had got a set when they first came out nearly 4 years ago (wow time has gone quick!) I thought when I saw the shape and first felt them that they would be no good for my front grip.

I was very pleasantly surprised because I found them comfortable to grip and the flew very smoothly through the air and were just a nice dart to throw and easy too, release was fine and even though the barrels are so long it seemed nicely weighted with my front grip with the supplied short stems.

I tried a few other positions of grip and one of them was on the mostly smooth part where the logo is, it felt well balances enough but I strangely felt I had a little better control from the previous front grip. It still flew quite well but seemed a little flatter.

I tried the rear at just the end of the pixel grip and again it was ok and I am sure some rear grippers will be very happy with that but I found the position that seems to be the sweet spot is just slightly past centre but not fully to the rear as in my pic above. Although I don't have full control of the dart from there I still feel a bit weird gripping they but I was able to see how nicely it was flying through the air so I am sure if you natural grip around there you will get the best out of it.

Overall I am please with how it flies for me and my one thing I was the most happy with is the smooth flight.

Again pixel grip is something that does not appeal to everyone but I find its a nice grip but can feel a little weird when you first experience it, it is also a bit sharper when the darts are new but will wear in time but keep the darts clean and it should last well enough.

Quality is fine and the only slight reservation is the price but I am sure these take a fair bit longer to make with all the pixels drilled into the barrels but still it would be nice if they were a bit cheaper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice shape and look)
Grip: 8 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (fairly close)
Quality: 8.5 (nice overall)
Value: 7.5 (not crazy expensive but would be nice a little cheaper say £40 - £45)
Suitability for me: 8 (very nice to throw and works well with a front grip)

Best Feature: Smooth flight Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review! Can't wait to pick up for myself.
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

Cheers mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Expensive!
Anyway Id love to own them jujuju
Valencia/Spain

Nice review, really want to try out a set of these.
They look exact like mine Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

may all the doubles be with you

Wasn't it on the original DartsNutz forum that I won these?

They served me well for around 14 months, although they did kill a couple of Cosmo flights within the first 15-20 minutes that I had them - it was then that I stopped using the Cosmo Fit Flight system. I changed the points over to Storm points and Cosmo's would have been ok with them again, but I had got them tuned to use the Sigma side loading stems by then lol.

They were great darts then and are still great darts now when I get them out and have a throw with them. Word of advice on the Carrera range - give them a good clean every 3 or 4 weeks to refresh the pixel grip on them - I bought an ultrasonic cleaner especially for use on these darts.

Anyway enough of that garb - another great review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as always, I remember the fierst review of the C3 you did a couple of years ago, tha made me buy these darts, and I am very comfortable with them, the fly pretty well, I grip at the center, and from there, they have a incredible steady flyght. Some other advantage of this dart is that no matter how much you use them, they look like new through the years!!!. I use the 25g version and it is by far the best choice I have made, I highly reccomend this darts, every time I buy a new set, I end uo going back to my carrera c3.
(05-16-2016, 06:11 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Wasn't it on the original DartsNutz forum that I won these?  

They served me well for around 14 months, although they did kill a couple of Cosmo flights within the first 15-20 minutes that I had them - it was then that I stopped using the Cosmo Fit Flight system.  I changed the points over to Storm points and Cosmo's would have been ok with them again, but I had got them tuned to use the Sigma side loading stems by then lol.

They were great darts then and are still great darts now when I get them out and have a throw with them.  Word of advice on the Carrera range - give them a good clean every 3 or 4 weeks to refresh the pixel grip on them - I bought an ultrasonic cleaner especially for use on these darts.

Anyway enough of that garb - another great review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You must be one of the luckiest guys I know lol  forever winning stuff

Ive been wanting to get a set of carreras for some time now. The price has always put me of a bit
Very tempting darts, astonishing review as always !
DartBoard at home: Winmau Blade 4, Gladiator III One 80
DartBoard at club  : Winmau Blade 5 / DC /

Best checkout - 151
Best dart leg   -  18 darts

Darts used: 23g - Target Distinction Orion Pixel
Mighty fine review as always, Darren. I had a set of the 22g C6 but ended up selling them (they just felt so grippy for me personally that they seemed  to stick to my fingers).

Have a +1 from me, sir...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Well, consulted your review from 2013 on these and decided to order a set (21g) over the weekend, despatched this morning. Seeing this only makes me want to try them more, not sure if they will be my trial dart for June or July. Great pics and nice review.
Another great review Darren

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(05-16-2016, 05:12 PM)Pac Wrote: Expensive!
Anyway Id love to own them jujuju

Yeah a little pricey Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-16-2016, 05:25 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Nice review, really want to try out  a set of these.

Thanks Joe! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-16-2016, 06:00 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: They look exact like mine Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

[Image: https://s32.postimg.org/mw4so6h5h/C3_002.jpg]

LOL yeah almost identical Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-16-2016, 06:11 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Wasn't it on the original DartsNutz forum that I won these?  

They served me well for around 14 months, although they did kill a couple of Cosmo flights within the first 15-20 minutes that I had them - it was then that I stopped using the Cosmo Fit Flight system.  I changed the points over to Storm points and Cosmo's would have been ok with them again, but I had got them tuned to use the Sigma side loading stems by then lol.

They were great darts then and are still great darts now when I get them out and have a throw with them.  Word of advice on the Carrera range - give them a good clean every 3 or 4 weeks to refresh the pixel grip on them - I bought an ultrasonic cleaner especially for use on these darts.

Yeah it was on the old site, I remember I did not play with them too much as I did not want to mark them up as they were going for a comp prize, but I always remember how well they flew then so not sure why I never got another set in the meantime Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good tip to keep em clean though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-16-2016, 07:00 PM)Earthquake Wrote: Great review as always, I remember the fierst review of the C3 you did a couple of years ago, tha made me buy these darts, and I am very comfortable with them, the fly pretty well, I grip at the center, and from there, they have a incredible steady flyght. Some other advantage of this dart is that no matter how much you use them, they look like new through the years!!!. I use the 25g version and it is by far the best choice I have made, I highly reccomend this darts, every time I buy a new set, I end uo going back to my carrera c3.

Thanks mate, yeah I thought they were very nice and stable through the air Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-16-2016, 07:34 PM)Plamen Rangelov Wrote: Very tempting darts, astonishing review as always !

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-17-2016, 01:11 AM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: Mighty fine review as always, Darren. I had a set of the 22g C6 but ended up selling them (they just felt so grippy for me personally that they seemed  to stick to my fingers).

Have a +1 from me, sir...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Chris! The pixel grip is not for everyone but you wont really know for sure until you try it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-17-2016, 03:42 AM)drolmaeye Wrote: Well, consulted your review from 2013 on these and decided to order a set (21g) over the weekend, despatched this morning. Seeing this only makes me want to try them more, not sure if they will be my trial dart for June or July.  Great pics and nice review.

Cool! Hope you like them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-17-2016, 04:40 AM)Banz Wrote: Another great review Darren

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top work as always Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Had a set of these a couple of years ago, but I couldn't get on with the length of them. Top quality darts though, it was just me that couldn't throw them lol
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 12 529 9 hours ago
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 838 9 hours ago
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 581 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 258 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,203 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 496 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 107,461 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Target RVB 95 Generation 3 Darts Review Getagrip 12 597 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM
  Target Gabriel Clemens Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,162 10-03-2020, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Target Bolide 02 SP 21g Review YoungStarDC 32 2,254 08-11-2020, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Gooddark