Harrows Darts.

Adding a Score Overlay to you Home-/Pubgame Recording or Broadcast
So, there was asked how to add a Score Overlay "as seen on TV" if you want to Record or Broadcast your Home- or Pubgame.

Here is one Solution to do so.
What you may want to do is Split the Screen for more than one Camera. One Pointed at the Board and one showing the Player while he throws f.E.

The Software i use is x-Split: https://www.xsplit.com/
It´s free and brings a lot of Features and is used in this little Tutorial-

The Scorer Software i use is n01: https://www.nakka.com/soft/n01/index_eng.html

X-Split is quite easy to use and to keep it as simple as i can i will not explain how to set it up for multiple Cams.
Feel free to ask if you struggle getting x-split to run.

Let´s say X-Split works fine but you don´t know how to add the Score Table to your Records.
First you need to Download n01 and the "n01_view" Pluging.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Download the *.exe and the n01_view Zip.
Execute the n01.exe and install the Software on your Computer. 
Next you unpack the "View" Zip to the n01 Programm Folder and Start n01.
Take your Time to learn it´s Features and how you Set up a Match and Enter the Scores.

To export the Scores to X-Split, klick "Game" -> "Option"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Go to "Plugin" and klick "Add"

Find the n01_view Folder and the Plugin File.

Hit "OK" and "OK" again.

Now you Open a new Window in n01 wich shows the Scores to export.
Klick "Tools" -> Score View (Small)"

Now you have the well known Score Overlay you see in the PDC Matches. Well, almost.....

I have X-split set up for WDA and no second external Webcam at Home so i use my WDA Screen for the next Pictures.
One Cam is showing the Board, a small window enlarged shows the T20 and the build in Laptop Cam shows me throwing.
For a Home or Pubgame you would probably use two cams, one at the board and one showing the player from the Front. 
Feel free to add Cams, resize them, rearrange them. All pretty simple in X-Split.

Let´s say you have your Cam Setup running and all you need are those bl**dy Scores.
You have opened x-split and in the next screenshot you see it running and the Score-view you opened in n01

Klick "Add" in x-split:

Next choose "Screen-Capture" (sorry, my x-split is using German Language)

When you klick "Add" -> "Screen-Capture" you see a red Crosshair to choose wich Screen Part to Capture.

Move it to the Score Overlay and Klick....

That´s it. The Score Overlay is magically added to x-Split, ready to be Recorded or Broadcasted. Shotgun approves  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The whole process is easier than you might think.
I use to explain things more complicated than they are and often struggle finding the right phrasing/wording.

As said, just feel free to ask if you have no idea what this Kraut is talking about....

Cheers,
Markus
Excellent guide Markus!!! +2 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very detailed guide, i think a lot of people will find it useful.
Ignore the "how you are doing it" in favor of "where you are sending it."
Good job Markus. Do you know if you can create a split screen with the two cams each in half screen (50-50)? Or the software have only window in window option?

Στάλθηκε από το LineTab800D 4GB μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Thanks Guys.

You can arrange, resize, crop the cams to your liking without effort. 50/50 is no Problem.
Also can record with the same program or you need another one?

X-Split can record to your Harddisk or Broadcast to f.E. Youtube or Google Hangouts. No other Software needed.
Wowee, have a +2! I wanna try this now.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Thank you mate. +1 from me too

@Shotgun... wow! Thank you! Thats really a help. As i am planing a small tournament for friends i considered to record the final round. Maybe stream...

Thank you thank you! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You´re Welcome.
If you struggle setting up x-split drop me a pm and i´ll try to help.

and don´t forget:

For our foreign Friends, it translates:
Beeing MSV Supporter isn´t always easy.
But always for ever.

(Kinda sucks because IMMER / FÜR IMMER can be used for always and for ever so making much more sense in it´s original language  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  )
Excellent tutorial. Definitely gonna try to get this up and going.
Nice tutorial. I don't really play online darts but might try and set this up just out of curiosity!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

shotgun did you need a powerfull pc to run the xsplit or something casual. also the free version would do the job or you need to go premium?
Nah, i have a midrange Laptop and it runs fine.
To add some Numbers, it is a Core i5 5200U @ 2,2 Jigahertz (nerdy old movie reference) , 4 Gig RAM and Win10/64.
Nothing Fancy.

And the Free Version of xsplit is just fine.
You have a Watermark if you stream 1080p (not if you use 720p) and less Scenes to Configure. The 3 Scenes in the free version are enough if you ask me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tungsten Putty tutorial for adding weight to soft/steel tip darts Regulatori 74 36,634 04-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Thewho
  Why adding T17 and T18 to your locker is a great idea Banz 1 980 01-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Tgstan