Target Darts.

Combi Repointing Tool problems
I've been using my combi repointer for a fairly long time now since I got it from DC earlier this year, repointing about ten or so sets without fail. Apparently the clamp part of my repointer acted up, now it won't budge and won't let go of the point. I screwed the damn thing with all my might to decrease traction when I tighten the point into the barrel, and now it won't loosen.
Any tips on how I can unscrew the clamp from the point?
Match Darts: 
*Eric Bristow 22gR
Other darts I simply use for kicks: 
*Puma Robson Torquest 22g (same pins the Philippine #1 uses)
*Monster Barrels Design Helios 1 22g
*Winmax King 22g
*Alan Glazier Ton Machine 22g

I don't love long walks on beaches and not sitting around waiting for something to happen while using my computer
can you post a picture of the part that wont move
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Have you tried backing off the main centre bolt a touch? It should go loose and take the tension of the clamp bolts.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I find the alan key for the clamp a bit too small myself, I have wrapped it in thick paper so I can put more force behind it without hurting my hands.
Try what Swiiitch said first.

If it still doesn't budge, spray a bit of WD-40 or any water displacement on the bolts and let sit for 5 mins. Clean bolt hex recess if any WD gets in there, and try again with end of allen key wrapped in some cloth, or get a much longer allen key, or a Bondhus gorilla grip of the correct dimensions.

https://www.servocity.com/assets/images/...ex_key.jpg

https://img0109o.psstatic.com/155469005_...rc-car.jpg
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You could try slipping a smaller deep socket (from your socket wrench set) over the allen key handle to give you better grip and more leverage.  Or any kind of long rigid metal tube or pipe.  Careful not to strip the bolt!

Good luck,

Pat

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

(05-12-2016, 08:19 AM)LorenzoParedes26scored Wrote: I've been using my combi repointer for a fairly long time now since I got it from DC earlier this year, repointing about ten or so sets without fail. Apparently the clamp part of my repointer acted up, now it won't budge and won't let go of the point. I screwed the damn thing with all my might to decrease traction when I tighten the point into the barrel, and now it won't loosen.
Any tips on how I can unscrew the clamp from the point?

You can loose the 2 screws to get your point out. or if I misunderstand you post pics or video to clear your problem

may all the doubles be with you

(05-12-2016, 03:13 PM)repat Wrote: You could try slipping a smaller deep socket (from your socket wrench set) over the allen key handle to give you better grip and more leverage.  Or any kind of long rigid metal tube or pipe.  Careful not to strip the bolt!

Good luck,

Pat

:10/10:
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This happened to mine a few months back the one screw was a bit bent and wouldn't move much, i took the screw that would move all the way out and got a socket with an alan key put it in a vice and took it out, alan key that comes with it sucks, then went to my local hardware store bought 2 new screws for about a buck and changed them, the screws supplied aren't great cheap cast
Obviously, you want the point clamp to hold firm so the point doesn't get scratched and gouged. But this should not require torquing down with all your might. Pleasantly snug should be sufficient. I hope you get it fixed, but everyone can take a lesson from this that these tools will strip, seize, bend, and break if excessive force is used.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

If it is the Designa re pointer DC sell a spares kit for it. Is it 2 screws that hold the point clamp that are the problem, I stripped the main bolt on mine fitting storm points to my Talisman darts
Current Board 
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

I find putting some grease on all the threads prevents this from happening.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
(05-12-2016, 03:38 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: This happened to mine a few months back the one screw was a bit bent and wouldn't move much, i took the screw that would move all the way out and got a socket with an alan key put it in a vice and took it out, alan key that comes with it sucks, then went to my local hardware store bought 2 new screws for about a buck and changed them, the screws supplied aren't great cheap cast

(05-12-2016, 04:15 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I find putting some grease on all the threads prevents this from happening.

Totally agree Milky, important to keep the tools well lubricated. 
I have a can on hand when ever my tool is going to be used LOL
Current Board 
Darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  repointer tool stripped John Anderson 3 298 04-26-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  New use for repointing tool Zero 2 349 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Bulls repointing tool jrod 5 509 08-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: vacation
  Repointing tool ? Jimmyp 4 766 03-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Jimmyp
  Bulls Professional Repointing Tool phm14 7 2,075 12-05-2017, 02:15 AM