Double Top Darts.

Robson Plus Flights review Part 2

Part 1 here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=17308

Ok I have used the flights a lot over the weeks since I did the first part of the review, at least 30 mins a day and sometimes more.  So here is the results of over 40+ hours use:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPMKEIDr...e=youtu.be

Here is a few pics to show the state of the flights from a few weeks ago when I did the part 2 video but I have actually carried on using them even though they are much worse now, but they are still flying well!!!!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I was using the flights with my Neon 2 darts and as you can see the tops are quite mashed, I think the tops got raggy very quickly for me but it was a good few weeks before I put a split in from the leading edge, I think the tops could have done with a similar re-inforced rib like on the leading edge but not sure how that would affect the flight/weight of the flights.

I think the durability on the whole is very good but it probably depends how your darts angle into the board and how the darts sit up, if your more of a flatter hard thrower and your darts lie flatter I think you will probably get more damage on the leading edge.

But for me I have liked the way the darts have flew with these flights on and I am still using them even though there is now big chunks missing of some of the wings lol!

So I will definitely be buying more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Let's analyze practicality by "cost over period of use (life)".

I would say they are still worth the money!
I'd like to see the same review (Part III) with Target Storm points or Voks Tornado points. You've made 2 videos so you have a lot of time invested already. Let's see what a difference points make.
Then we end up reviewing the points and not the flights anymore. Duh!!!
(05-08-2016, 08:32 PM)majeek Wrote: Then we end up reviewing the points and not the flights anymore. Duh!!!

Sometimes I have no idea what you're talking about
Elementary Mr. Cyanide. Darren reviewed the flight under a so called normal environment which of course takes into view the usual points we find in a dart set.

The subject matter is Robson flights.

Although it interests me too for a study that considers flights useful life being extended via storm or tornado points - but the spotlight in this case turns onto the points and not the flights per se.

It's like doing a lecture on different ways of peeling potato but you want a discussion pertaining to potato varieties.

Side Note: What if Saber threw the same darts set up for 40 hours - would it yield the same result?
Would those flights look the same as pictured by Darren?
(05-08-2016, 08:46 PM)majeek Wrote: Elementary Mr. Cyanide. Darren reviewed the flight under a so called normal environment which of course takes into view the usual points we find in a dart set.

Although it interests me too for a study that considers flights useful life being extended via storm or tornado points - but the spotlight in this case turns onto the points and not the flights per se.

It's like doing a lecture on different ways of peeling potato but you want a discussion pertaining to potato varieties.

Side Note: What if Saber threw the same darts set up for 40 hours - would it yield the same result?

Lets put it like this: If you have a bike which you ride to work, would you put on a mudguard to prevent dirt from getting on you? I would.

If there was something to add to your darts that would prevent flights from wearing (storms/tridents), would you put that on? I would.
(05-08-2016, 09:04 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 08:46 PM)majeek Wrote: Elementary Mr. Cyanide. Darren reviewed the flight under a so called normal environment which of course takes into view the usual points we find in a dart set.

Lets put it like this: If you have a bike which you ride to work, would you put on a mudguard to prevent dirt from getting on you? I would.

If there was something to add to your darts that would prevent flights from wearing (storms/tridents), would you put that on? I would.

I see both points here. But for the purpose of testing out the durability of the flights I think standard points makes for a better test.
That being said each persons different and my robson plus didn't last me as long as grips while also using standard points, they still lasted long just not as long
We see how the flights lasted here in part 2. Normal darts, normal points.

All I'm saying is make a Part III using the same darts and the addition of Storm/Tornado points.

This forum had a thread about members Storm point fitted darts that's nearly 38 pages long. A dart with Storm points could be considered 'normal' around these parts.
(05-08-2016, 09:09 PM)Walker Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 09:04 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:

I see both points here. But for the purpose of testing out the durability of the flights I think standard points makes for a better test.
That being said each persons different and my robson plus didn't last me as long as grips while also using standard points, they still lasted long just not as long

Yes I understand, I think that we should see both scenarios. A LOT of people use tridents/storms and this review is basically useless for them (including me). If 2 large groups use different setups that will result in a different outcome they should be tested both imo.

I feel smarter after reading this Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

Good to see that your grooping has inproved to damage the flights,Darren, as for me I have been using the same set fot 3months and apart from the first day they are still in match condition. Used on Unicorn Fase 5 Lp 26g with storm Points. I am very happy with them. Shafts target spin. No Wilhem Tell here.
Thanks Kev!

The main reason I used the Neon 2 darts apart from liking them was because I wanted to throw such a dart as those with a fairly aggressive grip to test the durability of the flights, if they last well with those then hopefully they will last better was less aggressive barrels.

But I will probably do a test with the Tornado points anyway so I will use the same test to test the Robson flights again too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Just received a set of these standard shape clear.

Although I love the concept sadly they make my darts sit in the board too flat.
(04-18-2020, 01:33 PM)BritpopCam Wrote: Just received a set of these standard shape clear.

Although I love the concept sadly they make my darts sit in the board too flat.

its all about finding what works so at least you know, I know its a slightly flippant thing to say but with darts its more true than most things as our throws and likes etc are so unique Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul Traj AK8 Flights Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 5 272 10-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Condor Axe Flights Review Improved Version Getagrip 10 812 04-05-2020, 11:54 AM
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 12,076 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Ten X Darts Flights Review Getagrip 10 1,485 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
  Cusoul Rost Integrated Stems and Flights Review Getagrip 12 4,527 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: donnie
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 1,454 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
  The Treble Trainer Review Part 1 Can This Help You Throw Better Darts Getagrip 0 1,597 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM
  Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights Getagrip 42 16,221 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Unicorn X Flights review Getagrip 45 19,056 12-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: dsiegel
  Robson Plus Flights review Part 1 Getagrip 43 33,809 09-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Akats