Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Poll: Will you deligerately lose a game (for strategic reasons and/or to help a friend get into the finals)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, but everything will be non negotiable come playoff
0%
0 0%
No, he should earn it!
92.31%
24 92.31%
Others (Really?)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Influencing the Outcome of the Match
I am putting this article under Darts help and Advice for the reason that this is one subject matter that involves your principle as a dart player and person.

So you made it to the playoff and you have one non-bearing game left. But this game is a crucial match for your opponent.

People call you, text you asking for favors.

Would you deliberately try to lose a game just to let a colleague-friend make it to the playoff or for strategic purposes i.e. you want a much weaker opponent to go in?.
Never make them earn it like you did
I wouldn't.

But I do suspect that it happens in the world of professional darts where there's betting on the line.
Nah I like beating my mates so I can rub it in at the bar later Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Never in a competition game because if I earned my place so make them.  Also for the reason it could become dirty and bite you later down the line.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
No No No, beat me fairly or go home.
Winning fair brings its own rewards. Life is like a s!*t sandwich, the more bread you have the less s!*t you have to put up with
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I voted others
180-1(33)

Feel the scenario.

Suppose it's a friend asking for a favor because you earned a slot already and allowing him to win would send him to a three what tie for the last slot remaining.

Be ready for this as this might happen to you someday. Nice interaction going on.
(05-07-2016, 09:28 PM)majeek Wrote: Feel the scenario.

Suppose it's a friend asking for a favor because you earned a slot already and allowing him to win would send him to a three what tie for the last slot remaining.

Be ready for this as this might happen to you someday. Nice interaction going on.
A true friend would not ask
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Quote:Be ready for this as this might happen to you someday
It sort of happened to me and my team a few weeks ago when we needed to win a few more points in our last 2 games of the season to secure top of the division trophy. We mentioned to the oposition how close we were to winning the league and they said, jokingly, what's it worth (to throw the game). I said i aint that bothered. We ended up league winners by our own merit.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
I always try to win. Otherwise, what's the point?

But situations like this tend to work out badly for the person who needs to win in my experience. If I'm already through I'm going to be pretty relaxed and my opponent is likely to be a bit tense as they have to win. And we all know what a relaxed or tense frame of mind does to a person's game...

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Nope, would never do that, gotta earn it yourself.
We have an annual invitational tournament that has some of the best throwers in the country attending...starts with 8 groups of four with the top 2 progressing to board semis etc etc..and I have seen this attempted..I personally wouldn't 'throw' a leg but have seen people try to work the system and it bite them in the ass..happens every year...we do try to stop it by having a look at fixtures so if two mates end up in a group we put them up first....taut way they both need both points really
Take a flop for someone and let them think they can beat you, good chance that next time they'll beat you for real.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I'll never give a game away, because off a friend. He has to earn the points himself.  Gifts are for birthdays anyway
Match darts: Cosmo Darin Young with No1 gear shaft and teardrop fit air flights.
May the darts be with us