Darts Buddy

Regarding Reputation Points
Smile 
I just noticed that there is a "Report" tab across any reputation remark awarded to a member and a lot of thoughts rushed into my mind. (Go to "Details" as you check reputation in Profile)

From what I see and understand here in the forum, there is no such thing as a negative or non constructive reputation remark that deserves forum management's attention unless it is sarcasm. In fact "positive reputation" is a redundant term already.

So my question goes - what types of reputation remark occurrences deserve attention by the Mods/Admins to justify the purpose of this "Report" tab?

So can a reputation point be withdrawn by a person other than that who gave it?

If a member who awarded a reputation point gets banned, do the reputation points they gave vanish as well?

Can Admins/Mods remove/deduct reputation points of a member at will or for any reason and when?

The only thing I understand about reputation - it doesn't stand for a true person's character here. It's simply an appreciation like a "LIKE" in Facebook for a particular thing you did. It's our reference for darts trade worthiness.

Am I correct?

Thanks for clarifying.
Yeah i thought it seemed a bit odd. People can build their reputation score up just by making a few good posts and people giving them a +1 yet they could be untrustworthy when it comes to trade yet they will still have a good reputation.
Dart  - 23G Red Dragon Scorpions
Stem - Black Nylon Short
Flight - Harrows Velos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* My Wishlist - Please contact me if you are willing to sell/swap any of these! *

24G Red Dragon Lethal Magic
25G Red Dragon Scorpions
24G Red Dragon Fusion
23G Jamie Caven Phase 2

majeek Wrote:The only thing I understand about reputation - it doesn't stand for a true person's character here. It's simply an appreciation like a "LIKE" in Facebook for a particular thing you did. It's our reference for darts trade worthiness.
^^ I think this part is correct and I go with what Dickie_rock suggest that the person might or might not be as trade worthy as their rep points.  Just be careful and go with your instinct and good judgement on that one.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
A higher rep also shows that the member is part of the community and has been involved and sticking around...it can't give you a guarantee of trustwortyness, it can give an indication though...

members are encouraged to give verbal feedback following any trades or transactions and if I'm not mistaken there is a trusted members list...I would use this as a better gauge when considering a deal...and as always,deals are done at each individuals discretion...the guidelines are in place to help as much as possible

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well it was Edgars idea to use the rep point system for trading and as a former super mod he knows how the system works so not really sure why he is raising the query?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(05-09-2016, 02:45 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Well it was Edgars idea to use the rep point system for trading and as a former super mod he knows how the system works so not really sure why he is raising the query?

I think he means the Report button in the Reputation section.
may all the doubles be with you

Well the report button has been discussed lots of times too, so he knows all about that.

Its just part of the forum software so forget about it, it will work but its up to mods and admins how they act upon it.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I know some forums have positive, negative, neutral. There the report button would have a clear role against retaliation and stuff. I imagine here the report is there as part of the infrastructure, but when reputation was set up here, the only option was positive (just went to see if I could give a negative and it does not look like it).
only + rep works here as that's what people voted on at the start and people were giving neg for no reason and it was causing trouble.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Some good points a forum I used to use had a really good system. In all general forums they would have your feedback/rep like any other forum has and then when you entered the trade forums your "trade rep" would show and it had to sections both with a thumbs up and down counter. Buyer and seller.

This worked on the system that if one commenced a deal with someone and it went successfully you can leave a thumbs up or down on the seller along with a comment about their service and vice versa for the buyer.

Although I don't know how possible this on our forums software/firmware etc but it was the best rep system I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Darts: Winmau Navigator 23g
Board: Winmau Blade 5 and MvG Cabinet 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reputation points. ian Wheatley 3 187 02-26-2021, 10:45 AM
Last Post: nixer55