Darts Buddy

Improve your storm pointing
Hi all.
What we look for with storm pointing is to avoid this:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
these squared/hard noses makes your darts to bounce out more often, and to destroy flights quickly.

Before instaling storm points Ive tapered dart noses.
Just grip your darts by their old points with a drilling machine. Rotate it, and press the nose with a file. I wear plastic glasses, and I tune the speed of the drill very slow, you can almost see the dart rotate. You dont need crazy speed, and it is way long safer. As Ancient Darters says, a Bench or a Drill Press would be ideal. I do it manual... 

This operation will maximize the effect or storm points. The nose will be in line with the point.
Before storm repoint you must read this marvellous thread:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=444

In order to suit the red zones of the pic, after taking out old points and before installing new storm points, we must make some room in the external mouth of barrels, not inside, just the outer edge. This operation achieves a gapless transition between points and barrels! Lets see:

Then we proceed to repoint. First we take away points.

It goes out easy, this tool is so good.

Then you put the storm points:

Before and after:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

before and after:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.[/url]Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.[url=https://flic.kr/p/FTZdua]Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Combination of tapering noses and storm point makes big improve!
It takes just a minute tapering noses, and you get a beautiful line between point and barrel with zero gap!

Saludos.
Brilliant guide Pac! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Edit to add: With no offence Pac Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. , I would not advise anyone to hold a drill free hand in only one hand, and hold the job with the other hand. Use a drill press, or if it's a handheld drill, secure it in a bench vise. Also, squarely chamfer the lip instead of angling the drill bit and turning the barrel. It's a lot safer that way. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Just make the point hole wider with a 4-5 mm drill. you can do it straight with drill in your hand, no tool needed !
Other modifications are personal and I would not advise that to everybody.
may all the doubles be with you

Great guide Pac! +1
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very nice! Thanks for that. I don't know why i've not thought of tapering my darts with a drill before myself.

2017 180's: 2/150.
+1 from me very informative and photos top billing. I've replaced points several times and had no problem without filing it but I can see that's a good idea if they are not smooth. Like the looks of the Amberjack. I did mine in gold storms as well and removed the paint
:getin: Excellent thread!
(05-03-2016, 01:07 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Brilliant guide Pac! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Edit to add: With no offence Pac Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. , I would not advise anyone to hold a drill free hand in only one hand, and hold the job with the other hand. Use a drill press, or if it's a handheld drill, secure it in a bench vise. Also, squarely chamfer the lip instead of angling the drill bit and turning the barrel. It's a lot safer that way. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its my fault not to be especific. In my dremel and in my drilling tool I put very slowly, you can almost see the dart rotating. And I wear plastic glasses. Just for security. Althoug, the rotating speed is so low, that you can touch harmless. You are correct, security is in first place.
Valencia/Spain

I prefer a faster speed actually.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Can't remember what mine is, but it should be above 1000 RPM since I do a lot of cutting. Sometimes a slower speed makes for mistakes. Depends on operator I guess. 

Always, safety first.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Excellent tutorial and advice. I like the part of tapering the barrel ends, very nice. Deserving of a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Excellent thread Pac, deserves a +1!
nice guide! thanks.
Best leg 501: 12 darts (180,180,29,112) 
Highest checkout: 164 (T19, T19, Bull)
Darts: Shot! 9ti2 24g & Harrows Elite 24g

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  improve your throw with Paul Lim A-B-C's rockettman 17 11,470 07-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Last Post: CCR
  Darts Re Pointing by dannyd180 Getagrip 2 2,722 06-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Little al