Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Did you notice the tuning of darts from Kokiri 2016 PDC world championship
if you look at 2016 PDC world championship Beaton VS kokiri
Kokiri's dart are sharking (tuning) almost everytime when it hit the board.
One80 Re-Flex points

Looks like he's using the reflex points. They're very thin and oscillate when it hits the board.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Is that considered a movable point? I didn't think you could use them in the PDC.
(05-03-2016, 02:28 AM)Nucky Wrote: Is that considered a movable point? I didn't think you could use them in the PDC.

There was a rule back in the day that banned movable points. But it was reversed the next year. This was back in the late 80's or 90's.
The reflex points are super thin, I'd worry about them breaking to be honest...
has anyone tried them?
The BDO banned spring loaded darts back in the 80s, not long after Deller won the title. Partly because of worries that the odd trajectory they could sometimes take when bouncing out would be a danger to spectators at a lower level. The PDC omitted this rule when they formed and later it was dropped by the BDO due to sprung darts being of a better quality.
Reflex points are different again but have been cleared for competition play by the WDF and the BDO and PDC have followed suit. There are a few players in the PDC who use them or have used them, most notably Peter Wright used reflex points for a short while in the Premier League. In the BDO Deta Hedman is the most notable user of reflex points. Deta also uses 28g darts so the osculation effect is a lot more pronounced.
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
(05-03-2016, 03:10 AM)davidsproull Wrote: The reflex points are super thin, I'd worry about them breaking to be honest...
has anyone tried them?

There was one member here who has one point break near the barrel. One80 replaced the dart or the entire set IIRC.
There have hardly been any reports of reflex points breaking, if not, darters would make quite a noise about it I believe. One can Google it. There was also one mention of bending on Reddit, and it was addresses with a set of pliers.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  I figure it must be made of some kind of toughened spring steel.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Kokiri's points look as if they have taper, a long taper towards the tip. Reflex points are very thin for the full length of the point. He also seems to be using Tridents. I don't think Tridents work with Reflex. If I had to guess, his points look like the "Hypo Series" points from Shoot the Bull dart shop in St. Louis, Mo. or even the new "Piranha" points form Dart World. Seems they are slightly longer than Reflex points even longer than standard points, but I can't say for sure. The original Hypo points were from the Atlanta Darts Co., no longer in business.
Boogie
(05-05-2016, 07:20 PM)boogie Wrote: Kokiri's points look as if they have taper, a long taper towards the tip. Reflex points are very thin for the full length of the point. He also seems to be using Tridents. I don't think Tridents work with Reflex. If I had to guess, his points look like the "Hypo Series" points from Shoot the Bull dart shop in St. Louis, Mo. or even the new "Piranha" points form Dart World. Seems they are slightly longer than Reflex points even longer than standard points, but I can't say for sure. The original  Hypo points were from the Atlanta Darts Co., no longer in business.
Boogie

He's using reflex conversions on soft tip barrels.
Current Darts: Target Ariane 20g, Pro Grip Spin, black and white flying skull vision flights. 
(05-06-2016, 11:44 AM)JohnL. Wrote: He's using reflex conversions on soft tip barrels.

Are you sure? I didn't think that was allowed in PDC competition for some reason. To quote the DRA rulebook:

5.1 Administration

5.1.1 Players shall provide their own darts which shall not exceed an overall maximum 
length of 30.5 cms (12ins) nor weigh more than 50 grams. Each dart shall consist 
of a needle shaped point which shall be fixed to a barrel. 

That makes it sound to me like it has to be bespoke steel tip, but you could argue a softip is "fixed" to the barrel by the thread... but it can be unscrewed so it's not "fixed" as such. I'm confused now!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(05-05-2016, 07:20 PM)boogie Wrote: Kokiri's points look as if they have taper, a long taper towards the tip. Reflex points are very thin for the full length of the point. He also seems to be using Tridents. I don't think Tridents work with Reflex. If I had to guess, his points look like the "Hypo Series" points from Shoot the Bull dart shop in St. Louis, Mo. or even the new "Piranha" points form Dart World. Seems they are slightly longer than Reflex points even longer than standard points, but I can't say for sure. The original  Hypo points were from the Atlanta Darts Co., no longer in business.
Boogie

Interesting observations Boogie!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It does look like he's very clearly using tridents on them as well in the video.

https://www.thedartshop.com/product/100871/

https://www.edarts.net/access/piranha_points.shtml

Josh, I guess it depends on what is their definition of 'fixed'.

I think the points are a grey area, there are a couple who were using conversions and certainly in the past Unicorn TriPoint was used with no comment in both BDO and PDC. Of the players who come from a soft tip backgroud there is a mix of those who use conversion points and those who used different darts.
If you look at the PDC world championships or even the world cup there's a bunch of players that use a screw in conversion point. The only rule that players must abide by is the point HAS to be metal.
(05-06-2016, 05:00 PM)Cyanide Wrote: If you look at the PDC world championships or even the world cup there's a bunch of players that use a screw in conversion point. The only rule that players must abide by is the point HAS to be metal.

Well shucks, never knew that! So my venture in buying these 12g Sharks was a useless one then lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I kid, they're working wonders for me. May buy another set one day and get them converted to soft tip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Seniors Darts Championship mc1958 76 2,411 05-07-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Ladbrokes World Darts Championship 2012 Hertzz 5 309 02-20-2021, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Hertzz
  Peter Wright World Championship 2021 SE YoungStarDC 5 633 12-19-2020, 10:35 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Phil Taylor & The 2008 PDC World Championship LethalEagle 3 687 03-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Peter Wright 2020 world championship darts LeeICFC 44 4,566 02-18-2020, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  World Dart Championship - questions UncleJJ 1 389 01-17-2019, 09:00 PM
  German Celebrity Darts World Championship 2019 Cateye 8 1,144 01-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Eyebala
  2019 PDC World Darts Championship Prediction Thread theblindPew 59 4,654 12-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  10-Part World Championship Preview Begins Tomorrow leon0677 4 585 12-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  BDO world championship 2019 JamieAT 1 453 10-28-2018, 08:01 PM