Harrows Darts.

Cricket ... marks and points????
Hi guys, 
i just started to play cricket on prodarter.com. i have been playing darts since january, so i am quite the beginner (but have made 3 180´s  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )

there is one thing that is making my head spin and that is the marks (/) made with 3 darts in hand.

i have read the rules and how the points are scored, but i get confused about the marks, like i said. 

For example NR1: 
if i am the first to do and i hit one T-20´s and then two S-20´s. 
should i mark it straight away as an open (/) (x) and then closed number (XO) and then plus 40 points or 
is the number just closed with the 3rd dart, and the next time i hit S-D or T then i get points for those hits?

Example NR2: 
I am the second to do and i am going to hit 18. I hit one S-18 (/) and second dart is D-18.
Is the number closed (xo) or do i just have two marks (x)?

(XO)= means X with circle around it.

I did a search on it on the forum and didn´t find anything on this scenario. 

Best regards, 
Atli Már.
Unicorn Eclipse HD Dartboard
Darts:
RedDragon Double 16 22gr
Red Dragon Amberjack 24gr
Unicorn Gary Anderson WC 21gr
Unicorn Gripper 22gr
I was told, when scoring cricket, you should do a single / for one mark. Should do a X for 2 marks, or do a O if you hit a triple. O is closed, no matter what is inside it. If you had one mark, then hit a triple, it is written Ø and points are added on if applicable. If you hit 3 single marks, then you do the circled X.

...just what I was told.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-30-2016, 06:48 PM)atlimann Wrote: Hi guys, 
i just started to play cricket on prodarter.com. i have been playing darts since january, so i am quite the beginner (but have made 3 180´s  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )

there is one thing that is making my head spin and that is the marks (/) made with 3 darts in hand.

i have read the rules and how the points are scored, but i get confused about the marks, like i said. 

For example NR1: 
should i mark it straight away as an open (/) (x) and then closed number (XO) and then plus 40 points or 
is the number just closed with the 3rd dart, and the next time i hit S-D or T then i get points for those hits?

Example NR2: 
I am the second to do and i am going to hit 18. I hit one S-18 (/) and second dart is D-18.

Best regards, 
Atli Már.

In example number one, you get the marks and the points for the turn, so (O) + 40 points. On your next turn you can get more points with 20s provided your opponent does not yet have three marks of his/her own.

In example two, again you get all three of your required marks with the two darts you told us about, so go ahead and mark (O). Now you can score on those with your third dart (or next turn) assuming your opponents hasn't finished 18s.

I don't use prodarter, but if I am keeping score on a chalkboard at the pub, we don't put unnecessary marks on the board. If someone scores all three marks in a turn, we just skip the X part and use an O. After playing just a bit it is very easy to read the score ( provided some effort is made to write neatly).
(04-30-2016, 10:11 PM)drolmaeye Wrote:

For example NR1: 

Example NR2: 

Best regards, 
Atli Már.

In example number one, you get the marks and the points for the turn, so (O) + 40 points.  On your next turn you can get more points with 20s provided your opponent does not yet have three marks of his/her own.

In example two, again you get all three of your required marks with the two darts you told us about, so go ahead and mark (O).  Now you can score on those with your third dart (or next turn) assuming your opponents hasn't finished 18s.

I don't use prodarter, but if I am keeping score on a chalkboard at the pub, we don't put unnecessary marks on the board.  If someone scores all three marks in a turn, we just skip the X part and use an O.  After playing just a bit it is very easy to read the score ( provided some effort is made to write neatly).
 ok thanks man, that is the answer i was looking for Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So it is safe to say that if a player is very good (like pro good) then he can just try and hit the trebles with the first dart and get points on the last two? 

The reason i use prodarter is that i play at home ... alone  :s and it is better than playing yourself all the time or no one at all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts:
RedDragon Double 16 22gr
Unicorn Gripper 22gr
Try out the free program NScore ( https://www.nakka.com/soft/nscore/index_eng.html )

It's a MUCH better simulated computer program than Pro-Darter. In fact, Nscore is the best cricket program I've ever played on. It's very realistic as to how an opponent would play against you.

Has nothing to do with your original post but i think you'll have more fun with it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-30-2016, 10:25 PM)atlimann Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 10:11 PM)drolmaeye Wrote:

For example NR1: 

Example NR2: 

Best regards, 
Atli Már.

In example number one, you get the marks and the points for the turn, so (O) + 40 points.  On your next turn you can get more points with 20s provided your opponent does not yet have three marks of his/her own.

In example two, again you get all three of your required marks with the two darts you told us about, so go ahead and mark (O).  Now you can score on those with your third dart (or next turn) assuming your opponents hasn't finished 18s.

I don't use prodarter, but if I am keeping score on a chalkboard at the pub, we don't put unnecessary marks on the board.  If someone scores all three marks in a turn, we just skip the X part and use an O.  After playing just a bit it is very easy to read the score ( provided some effort is made to write neatly).
 ok thanks man, that is the answer i was looking for Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So it is safe to say that if a player is very good (like pro good) then he can just try and hit the trebles with the first dart and get points on the last two? 

The reason i use prodarter is that i play at home ... alone  :s and it is better than playing yourself all the time or no one at all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yes, I think it is a GREAT idea to open a game of cricket and stay on the 20s for all three darts. Even us amateurs will find the treble bed every so often, and getting some points on the board right from the beginning sets the tone for the game.

Nothing against prodarter. I was just making clear that if there was a special way the marks have to recorded for that software, I would not be able to give a good answer. I play exclusively against the computer, myself, these days. I almost spend more time with n01 than I do with Mrs. drolmaeye!
(04-30-2016, 10:32 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Try out the free program NScore ( https://www.nakka.com/soft/nscore/index_eng.html )

It's a MUCH better simulated computer program than Pro-Darter. In fact, Nscore is the best cricket program I've ever played on. It's very realistic as to how an opponent would play against you.

Has nothing to do with your original post but i think you'll have more fun with it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the link man, i will definitely try it out.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts:
RedDragon Double 16 22gr
Unicorn Gripper 22gr
Here in NJ USA we play cricket everyday so when you get 3 marks we just mark it as a O no marks like / or x are needed the 2 single 20's after the triple score 40 points. So you have 40 points and but no matter which way the marks were made you still get 40 and the number with a O.  Even if you hit 2 singles first then a triple 20 we would just mark it as O and 40 points for the 20 no other / or X are needed.

The same thing applies to your second example no need to mark / or X just a circle is used (O) to show you closed the number.

I have been on a league for 3 years and this is the way everyone marks the scoreboard, no one will include the / or x if you get all 3 marks with your 3 darts during one round even if it is single/double or three singles, just draw a circle. O

The O means you have three marks in that number. The other player can not score points on you using that number, but you can score points on them until they also score 3 marks and close the number and also have an O on their number. That is why you scored 40 points in example #1 you hit the triple (0) then the 2 twenty singles mean 20 points each dart, +40 points, also no matter what order it was done because you still had 5 marks, three to close the number and 2 for points. Even if it was 2 singles and a triple the scoreboard would be the same a circle on 20 no / or X and 40 points.

The O (circle) is the symbol used to mean 3 marks have been scored by this player and the number for them is closed, and you don't have to put the / or x inside if done during one 3 dart round.  

You will use the / when only one mark is scored during a round and X if 2 marks are scored during a round or if first round and second round had one mark each giving you only 2 marks total which is a X. Round one / round two \ equals X. Then the circle around the x when completed with 3 marks.
Trek, most people I know score that way as well. I was told the more specific way to do it in order to get an idea of how many treble were hit during the game. I found it silly, but that is what was suggested to me.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Interesting you said keeping track of triples because no one ever said that to me.

That may also be because I am in the lower division league and when we mark a circle(O) with no / or X it may also be due to 3 singles or a single and double. Since everyone did it this way, I just did it also since no one ever said anything about it.  I actually thought it was just a short cut or someone was lazy one day and it then became the normal way to score.

Whatever the reason that is the way I have seen it marked in the 2 leagues I am in.