Shot Darts

Fair play or play the rules ?
3 Darts in Hand throwing for a double, first dart hits the double, you cross the ocky to retreave the dart, It falls out.
Rules state turn over, (OK)
Do you think at any Level, do you give a Player a Chance with the remaining 2 Darts?
I know with no scorer I have crosed the ocky to look if it is in a Segment, so we Play on.
Friendly games to comp to PDC.
Has it happened?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think it's okay to cross the oche without the turn being over? I remember Justin pipe doing it to look at a dart in the World Championships a few months ago.

I'd have no issue with them shooting the other 2 darts.
Strict letter of the law the shot is over as you crossed the oche - if it was a friendly game down the pub with your mates though then I would just carry on and allow the player to throw the other 2 darts
(04-29-2016, 08:54 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Strict letter of the law the shot is over as you crossed the oche - if it was a friendly game down the pub with your mates though then I would just carry on and allow the player to throw the other 2 darts

Scratch that - I've just had another look at the rules and as long as you hadn't touched the dart before it fell out then you would be allowed to throw the other 2 darts. 

I thought the rule said the shot was over once you crossed the line, but it just says you can't throw your darts over the oche line
Thanks for taking the time to check and clarify mate, where did you look to find the ruling?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Quick shifty through both the BDO and the PDC/DRA rulebooks on their sites
(04-29-2016, 10:07 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Quick shifty through both the BDO and the PDC/DRA rulebooks on their sites

Should have thought of that!, just woke up on my first day off for 2 weeks. Got to start decorating the kitchen now the ceiling is plastered ( after finishing the bathroom complete with faulty mixer tap which flooded the kitchen ) and so it go's on.
Would rather have been throwing today for sure!
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks for the update and Clearing it up, +1 mc
Less so now with the modern boards but it used to be common for players to take a step forward to see which bed a dart was in, although checking with the referee first. Bristow used to do it as often as Taylor 'drops' his dart now.
Well seeing the rules state that you can throw your 2 darts I have absolutely no problems with it, in a friendly game I would even count the double if the dart was in but fell out in a weird way.
Correct me if I'm wrong (as I may be!), If the winning double is hit and the score keeper says your score and then the dart falls out... it still counts. The referee said that is the end of the game.
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
Officially the dart needs to also be retrieved from the board after game shot is called
(04-29-2016, 01:37 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Officially the dart needs to also be retrieved from the board after game shot is called

Yep, not any finishes but Keegan Brown loses some points by not getting to the board quick enough in this advert for Winmau from the Grand Slam of darts. 
Wow, a little sandpaper there would go a long way. Good lesson for us, I guess. If one has a light dart and/or a gentle throw, good to keep some on hand.
From my understanding, when a ref or scorer calls game shot, it is over and done. Doesn't matter if it falls out, or you throw your other darts like Taylor does after a frustrating win.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How does tiredness affect your play? tropicalpalmtree 19 750 03-14-2021, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  When League Play Resumes, Will you Mask? kundalini 16 802 07-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Terrence Oblong
  How much does it cost to play the PDC Pro Tour mc1958 4 467 03-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Will you play with an ugly dart? Blanton 28 1,246 01-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Places to play darts in Leeds, UK DaveArmy 0 157 11-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: DaveArmy
  Extreme ups and downs in dart play Elusive Dream 1 306 09-23-2019, 03:49 AM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  The Cricket Rules elevendarter 5 383 09-17-2019, 09:28 PM
  What are the rules for your local dart leagues regarding postponements and forfeits? Mr_Sneaky 4 269 09-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Last Post: kundalini
  Expecting to play well all the time DAVEISTHENAME 9 855 09-02-2019, 02:17 PM
  Tournament Play Slow Start DAVEISTHENAME 4 327 07-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Last Post: JB_Fraser