Harrows Darts.

Problem with throwing 19 g darts
Hey Guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Im playing darts since last christmas. But i ve still problems with my throwing. I use the Harrows assasin 19g with a knurled barrel. 
I want to hear some experiences and types of throws with light darts like that.
Thank you and sorry for my bad english. Im from GermanyGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-28-2016, 04:41 PM)The Bullet99 Wrote: Hey Guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Im playing darts since last christmas. But i ve still problems with my throwing. I use the Harrows assasin 19g with a knurled barrel. 
I want to hear some experiences and types of throws with light darts like that.
Thank you and sorry for my bad english. Im from GermanyGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

What are the symptoms of your problems?    Are the darts landing funny in the board?   Having consistency problems? Any physical issues when finished throwing like pain in the elbow?

For me, I can't throw that light a dart as it seems to take more effort in the throw to get them to do what my 25 gram darts do as far as ease of throw, grouping, scoring well, etc.    Then there's the issue with having to throw them harder and possibly overextending the elbow and causing pain in that joint.

A little more info on any issues you are having would help.   Oh, and your English is far better than my German.
Thanks for the answer
I hit 35x 180 in this time but i have Problems to reply my throw. For Example: With the 1st dart i hit the 20 with the 2nd i Hit the 5 and with the last i hit the 1 again?

I think the german language is harder than the English language. So its okGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I use a 18 gram winmau sabatoge ( aggressive shark grip) for soft tip darts, I only started playing soft tip roughly 4 months ago. I was using a 23gram steel tip for many years and I found the weight difference to be a very difficult adjustment, as my grouping was poor. Since I was in a soft tip league at the time I decided to focus on throwing the 18gram darts only, I did many practice drills ( flight school) and I improved drastically. I will admit for me that throwing a dart that is 18-19 gram takes more concentration as little changes in your throw can drastically effect your dart. 

So for me throwing the light dart made me focus more and made sure that my form was always good so that I could throw consistent darts. I think making sure your dart/grip and setup works for you is also a key, try not to change much once you have found a set up that is working. 

I hope this helps.
I understand how you feel, but is there a possibility that you can get heavier darts? Are they steel tip or double-threaded 2BAs barrels? 

I used to throw steel, 22 or 23 to 25g, even though 25g was a little too heavy.

Now I throw about 16.5g with the steel tip. 

I never, ever thought I could do something like that. For me, the 'secret' was to slowly progress downwards, and also to realize that throwing lighter darts was a different sort of style - you use the same throwing technique, but everything becomes gentler, faster in a way. The harder you try to throw, the worse it becomes, and more painful.

One way is to use much much lighter training darts. I used something like 4.2g as training darts to refine my throw. Because no matter how hard you throw, using 4g darts - everything is going to screw up big time if your technique is not proper. (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=11623)

Also, look at the top Japanese soft tip players. They all throw 16 - 18g darts (more or less). Look carefully and see their technique, their stroke, and very important - their follow-through. It looks almost perfect, and VERY effortless!

Shunpei Noge the guy with brown hair:

Here's a throw analysis with slow-motion:

All the best! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Some facts: I play steeldart and use a thin barrel (80% tungsten) with medium shaft and standart flightsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ok you said the lighter you throw the worse becomes it. But if I see Adrian Lewis (21g) than I notice that they throw very fast and hard... but I try it. Thanks 
Another problem is that there is no dart store in my region (I'm from Germany. Unfortunately it's not so popular).
I haven't so many opportunities to get new stuffGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I could use an online shop. But I'm 16 and have to ask my parents and so on..
 My current throw: maybe a bit like Lewis. My thumb on the one side and on the other side 2 or 3 fingers. Sometimes it works very well but sometimes it doesn't.
The Chinese guy video I will see next. Maybe I can learn from them. 
I also tried Bunting's throw but that's unpossibleGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If your changing weights around make sure you experiment with different sized flights
(04-28-2016, 07:57 PM)The Bullet99 Wrote: Some facts: I play steeldart and use a thin barrel (80% tungsten) with medium shaft and standart flightsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ok you said the lighter you throw the worse becomes it. But if I see Adrian Lewis (21g) than I notice that they throw very fast and hard... but I try it. Thanks 
Another problem is that there is no dart store in my region (I'm from Germany. Unfortunately it's not so popular).
I haven't so many opportunities to get new stuffGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
 My current throw: maybe a bit like Lewis. My thumb on the one side and on the other side 2 or 3 fingers. Sometimes it works very well but sometimes it doesn't.
I also tried Bunting's throw but that's unpossibleGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

No, the harder you throw lighter darts, the worse it becomes, because you do not have the same feeling of heavier darts that have more inertia.

Look at the Japanese guys in the videos. Look at how smooth and effortless they throw. They are not throwing hard. They are throwing gently, smoother, but faster with almost text-book follow through. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Oh sorry
I wrote it in a false way but I read and understand it right.
Thanks for the tip. I will try to throw lighter ?
(04-28-2016, 08:09 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 07:57 PM)The Bullet99 Wrote: Some facts: I play steeldart and use a thin barrel (80% tungsten) with medium shaft and standart flightsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

No, the harder you throw lighter darts, the worse it becomes, because you do not have the same feeling of heavier darts that have more inertia.

Look at the Japanese guys in the videos. Look at how smooth and effortless they throw. They are not throwing hard. They are throwing gently, smoother, but faster with almost text-book follow through. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I noticed he has bullet shaped flights Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-28-2016, 08:37 PM)Cyanide Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 08:09 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote:

I noticed he has bullet shaped flights Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Everybody likes the Bullet Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-28-2016, 08:35 PM)The Bullet99 Wrote: Oh sorry
I wrote it in a false way but I read and understand it right.
Thanks for the tip. I will try to throw lighter  ?

Try lighter, smoother, faster and follow through properly. Take a video and show us.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-28-2016, 08:37 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I noticed he has bullet shaped flights Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Could be fantail or kite like. Eguchi also throws shape IIRC. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-28-2016, 07:57 PM)The Bullet99 Wrote: Some facts: I play steeldart and use a thin barrel (80% tungsten) with medium shaft and standart flightsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Hello fellow German Darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Where are you from? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I tried to get down a bit on weight from my 25g. And i got some 19g Snakebite 8´s. As the others said i also realisied that if you screw up your technique you instantly have a weird dart. And as said you have to throw in a nice fluent way. James Wade throws 20g darts too, watch in the Pro´s Database thread, there is a video of his throw.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Throwing darts is a timing thing. Imagine no dart in your hand. Toss your arm out. Full extension. Throwing darts efficiently uses the least amount of effort. You can throw smoothly with little effort and still get good zing on the dart. As I said, it is a timing thing. Smooth, to the target. That's all there is to it. Easier said than done. You'll know it when you feel it. Just keep doing that.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  throwing darts info dazzer 6 445 11-17-2019, 07:23 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Darts slipping from hand, grip problem? clem1995 28 3,061 08-17-2019, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Jefferz
  throwing darts from stationary position whippet0 2 417 07-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  Problem with darts flying through air. Help? Jimmyp 9 877 05-22-2018, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Elbow/shoulder problems caused by throwing darts Flight Tenor 4 2,969 06-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Shoulder problem, what throwing technique is best rogerc 11 1,659 01-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Last Post: ^Hawk^
  I need help with throwing straighter darts PC462000 11 1,594 12-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade