Target Darts.

Darts Practice ... is there Darts TRAINING?
I was wondering about this for awhile, and could not really find anything ... 

In many precision sports, and I assume darts is a precision sport since it's so difficult to achieve a high level of consistency month in month out ... there's a difference between practice and training.

What's the difference?

Let's say for archery, the difference would be something like shooting at a blank or targetless bale at 5 feet, release training, stacking shots for precision, focus and mental training as opposed to shooting 400 - 1000 arrows per day for strength and endurance practice, or precision shooting - zero movement dry firing the entire course of an event in a pitch black room vs putting 60 shots downrange, or using a metronome to train a shooter's timing and cadence coupled with dry or live firing for rapid fire events. I'm sure golf also has very specific training regimes as opposed to just practicing their drives and putts.

I've read so many times here, "practice more", but what about training exercises? Are there any actual training modules for darts? Any links?
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
For me training involves preparing myself mentally and physically......more time spent on developing muscle although my mind can always use help. I've used visualization with success but dart training I haven't a clue. I can see where visualization might actually be quite beneficial...........good question "AD"
I think its just semantics honestly. i like to practice or "train" different things that really have nothing to do with an actual dart shot. i do different drills to train myself in counting, which i think is a grossly overlooked skill when you are playing competitively. i also train different mechanical skills where i don't really pay attention to where the shot goes, as opposed to how i actually throw it. an example would be that the other day i realized i had gotten into a habit of short arming just on different numbers. so i went through and played 1-20 until i got 5 of every number making sure to extend my arm out with every shot. its quite often that i realize im doing a certain thing wrong and i will drill until its habit to not do that thing.
I Play for a Dart Club, and on Monday night is Training. We all do the same Routine set out by the trainer- Coach. Results are kept and you can see your Progress .
Practice for me is throwing at home.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
jealous you have a coach
Sounds interesting mcockrell!

I guess the two main things that cause issues are the actual stroke, and consistency, besides grip issues.

One of the things I'm thinking of is to shoot at a blank target, just like blank baeling in archery, either in darkness, or with very dim lights. And also not even thinking about grouping as the focus. Grouping will come with consistent stroking, but that's not the main objective.

I've also heard of using training rings as well as a vertical rope down the board.

Any other training methods you guys practice?
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website and app to practice and play darts - godartspro.com Texas 388 32,141 01-10-2021, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Texas
  Training vs practice D5felox 10 361 12-14-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: D5felox
  KP-Darts - Freeware for Practice marjun68 30 5,732 11-14-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Corrosion
  practice vs match darts sdevine 11 858 12-26-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Banz
  6 darts/practice round: lazy or smart? holmesness 7 543 11-23-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Texas
  My Darts Practice Game DAVEISTHENAME 7 876 07-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Trifle
  Darts Practice Routines (Dartsnutz University: All Levels) guest2 14 7,476 09-17-2017, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Michael Balfour
  6 Darts for Practice ! *Saber* 3 1,802 05-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Reysing
  Darts-Golf - Fun/Practice Game acid_arrow 2 1,203 03-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: acid_arrow
  I created an Android darts practice app. expos1994 30 4,101 01-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: expos1994