Darts Buddy

Future World Champs ?
Watching the P.D.C. the other day I was struck by the thought that the majority of players will never win a World title . The only ones who I see taking the W.C. in the next five years are in my opinion the top 4...Taylor, Anderson, Barney and M.V.G. What say you all ?...j.d.
Could see Lewis win one too if the the other players can't reach their best form. As for future champions: Justin van Tergouw (15yo) is looking very promising.
Taylor is looking more confident with these new darts, and you can never write off MVG or Anderson in the Worlds, so I can easily see these 3 in contention for the next 5 years. Adie Lewis as well as he seems more up for the Worlds than any other event.

Barney isn't near the top 4, but I can't see him winning another title any time soon.

As for new champions, if he can get rid of the defeatist attitude after going a couple of legs behind then I can see Michael Smith winning one in the next 5 years. Wright definately has chances as well, and I would love to see Wade get the big one.
There are so many good players in the top 16, even top 32 of the world that on their day they can beat most. If they got a run together and held their form for a couple of weeks then there's loads in contention. It is that holding of form that separates the really top players from the really good ones! So, in short, I would say we could see other winners than those 4, but they are the most likely at the current point in time
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

If anyone deserves it it's wade, I'd love to see him win it in the next few years
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Definately Wright as soon as he settles on a set and I can totally see Lewis win it again.
...But what I would really love is for King to win it... I guess I'll keep on dreaming about that one. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-28-2016, 03:14 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Could see Lewis win one too if the the other players can't reach their best form. As for future champions: Justin van Tergouw (15yo) is looking very promising.

I'll 2nd this
Out of those who have not won it Wright and Wade out of the current top ten who are most likely to do it. Wright would make a great world champion I think, great for him but also for darts. Smith has the talent but is off in his mental attitude but time is on his side.
Would love to see Chizzy hit form at the right time and do it.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Bunting could come out of the woodwork but Wright needs to lose the bridsemaid tag. Can't see Phil winning another one unless all the rest have an off day conversely I can see Barney doing nothing all season then managing to pull off the big one.
I'd agree with all of those picks and add Adrian Lewis. There are a lot of players outside the top 5 who are more than capable - if I had to pick one on recent form it would be Jelle Klaasen.
(04-28-2016, 03:14 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: As for future champions: Justin van Tergouw (15yo) is looking very promising.

He is my long term prediction.  A scoring machine.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

Can't see Wade doing it, as much as I'd love to. Seems a bit of a journeyman in recent years, never seems to really excel, but the overall standard is so high now.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
Not in 5 years, but down the road I could see Keegan Brown making a run and winning. Maybe not multiple times, but once.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
I definitely agree that Justin van Tergouw is a future World Champ - for his age he is awesome
(04-28-2016, 04:41 PM)Alex Wrote: Can't see Wade doing it, as much as I'd love to. Seems a bit of a journeyman in recent years, never seems to really excel, but the overall standard is so high now.

Agreed.  His best chances were in 2008 when everyone struggled to adapt to Ally Pally and 2012 when he had Lewis down 5-1 in the semi-final.  He just doesn't score highly enough to give the best a run often enough.  And his priorities aren't darts, it doesn't seem (not that there is anything wrong with that).  Seems he's happy to make a decent living hoying the arrows, and then do he actually likes doing.
Unicorn Barney Phase 1 23g darts
Harrows Gripper tweenie shafts
Newcastle United standard flights (HTL!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your wishes to come on future to PDC season? Bloodycut 27 1,297 11-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Berlin180
  The future champion of the world... The Jester 26 1,091 10-09-2018, 12:11 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  World champs tickets Ed180 4 483 08-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: goonas
  BDO and the Future Noj 26 2,952 04-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Greystone
  Name 3 future PDC world champions Tom Verheyen 15 1,436 04-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Future World Champion's ? Rolaball 31 2,507 03-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Testing the waters - are there Talismans in your future? Cat 40 3,025 02-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Peter Wrights outfit at world champs 20114 ??? Getagrip 24 6,856 10-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Current and future World Champions mc1958 23 3,259 02-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Last Post: elevendarter