Double Top Darts.

In search of (my) perfect dart
Hi dart-players,

I currently throw Whitlock Gold 24gr (previous model) or Harrows Axis 23gr.
Although the Axis is an old dart they fly best for me. I also like the Whitlock's a lot, the grip is very nice but from time to time they tend to wobble a bit.
So I'm looking for a mix of these 2 darts ==> a front weighted dart of 23 or 24 gr, barrel length of +/- 45mm and thickness at the front of +/- 7mm.

What could be the "perfect" dart for me ?

Have fun playing !
Maybe try some Barneveld Phase 5 darts.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What do you mean by "wobble"? Do you mean the dart wobbles in mid air? Could be a setup thing if that's the case, might want to try different sizes of stem or flights.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(04-27-2016, 08:41 AM)Kosumo Wrote: What do you mean by "wobble"? Do you mean the dart wobbles in mid air? Could be a setup thing if that's the case, might want to try different sizes of stem or flights.

Yes occasionally they wobble in mid air. Tried different setups but same. Never had it with the Axis darts.
(04-27-2016, 09:27 AM)pOLLEPAP Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 08:41 AM)Kosumo Wrote: What do you mean by "wobble"? Do you mean the dart wobbles in mid air? Could be a setup thing if that's the case, might want to try different sizes of stem or flights.

Yes occasionally they wobble in mid air. Tried different setups but same. Never had it with the Axis darts.
I thought it might be. What setups have you tried?

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(04-27-2016, 11:11 AM)Kosumo Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 09:27 AM)pOLLEPAP Wrote:

I thought it might be. What setups have you tried?

Short, medium and long shafts.
Have you tried different sized flights?
(04-27-2016, 03:54 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Have you tried different sized flights?

Yep, tried them all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  in search for darts Kevin Deckers 24 2,252 03-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Kevin Deckers