Harrows Darts.

Using Whizlocks with L-Style's L-Shaft
Here's a tip for players who, like me, are too cheap to use L-Flights all the time but still want to use their L-Shafts with regular flights  
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I really like L-Style products but will only use their flights when playing soft-tip - for steel and practice I want something cheaper so use Harrow's Marathon punched and Whizlocked - they are an identical size to shape L-Flights:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Flights punched with Whizlocks will not fit correctly in L-Shafts if the punch is made in the usual place - the hole punched is too high up in the flight and it cannot be pushed all the way down into the stem - by doing the following the flight, and cap, will fit perfectly. First, measure the distance from the bottom of the flight (already in the L-shaft ) to the bottom of a Whizlock cap fitted on a shaft  (I've done this for you - its 10mm with Harrows flights - i'd imagine it will be the same with any flight but check before you punch).
Next, score a line in the centre of the flight 10mm from the bottom.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Next, remove the bottom cover from the Whizlock punch and line up the punch-hole with the scored mark - punch the flight, making sure it is lined up correctly through the centre of the flight.
You'll have made a hole which perfectly fits, and locks, a Whizlocked flight to an L-Shaft.
And that's it - a poor-mans L-Style set-up. If you already have a Whizlock punch (as I did) you have the option of using the L-Shaft with normal flights. They're an excellent, very durable stem and real flight savers with those little deflecting tangs at the base of the flight. Cheers, Carlin.
guess i dont play enough to wreck my l style flights Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Maktub mate
180-1(33)

I like the shell caps better than whizlocks. they have ridges to keep the flights open
Shell caps for the Win. Tried Whizlock punch but had to buy a L-Style punch. U can Use regular stems btw
may all the doubles be with you