Shot Darts

Harrows Black ICE 24g darts review

I got these recently from Puredarts.co.uk: click here they cost £25.49.

According to the packaging the darts have a "Super tough titanium nitride coating" which I presume is the black coating of the barrels. The I.C.E. name stands for Isostatic Cold Extrusion which is the process used in making the billets. They are 90% tungsten.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see above they come with a plastic case, medium Harrows Supergrip stems with gold stem clips and Harrows Marathon standard shape flights which are a nice tough flight.

They are a great looking dart and the colour gives them a sleek look.

The barrels have a high level razor style grip with a smooth long taper at the front then the main part of the barrel has wide and narrow cut razor grooves then a long smooth rear section:

Weight and dimensions:

Full set up weight:

Barrels are well weight matched:

Length:

Width:

Balance point of barrel only, slightly to the front of centre:

Balance point with medium, short and extra short stems:

My grip with these darts:

I have had the regular version of this dart since they first came out, it was one of the few sets I hit a 180 with. I think the black version look very cool but I should imagine that because of the aggressiveness of the grip they will be prone to chipping so bear that in mind. I have to say that although I don't always get on with razor grip these have a very good quality feel about them and do feel nice to throw.

I'm happy to give these a 9/10
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I had a set and have to admit they are top notch arrows I gave them a 10 outta 10. Sorry I traded them really.
Great review Grip- very pretty dart!
Thanks Shawn!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

great review grip , if you would have done this two weeks ago i think i would have gotten the black ice steel and black ice tundra(soft). had the them in my pure cart 10 times!!
was worried about chipping paint.
what are you reviewing next?
thanks mate, not sure what I will do next, got plenty of darts I have not even opened yet lol

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thank you for this review, I am looking at trying these darts out. Although I am looking at a different weight it seems depending on the weight it will depend on how the dart is designed as well.
24gm nice weight
(07-22-2013, 02:04 AM)uncle poop Wrote: Thank you for this review, I am looking at trying these darts out. Although I am looking at a different weight it seems depending on the weight it will depend on how the dart is designed as well.

This particular model is only available in 24g I think, the other weights are different designs Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-22-2013, 02:04 AM)uncle poop Wrote: Thank you for this review, I am looking at trying these darts out. Although I am looking at a different weight it seems depending on the weight it will depend on how the dart is designed as well.

Check out the McCoy product as below links
McCoy Shark
McCoy Stealth
Unicorn T90 (style 1) & McCoy Stealth - 23g
Kite flight,Med stem,
1.5 inch dart points
2013 180's - 13/40
(07-22-2013, 09:43 AM)blugu Wrote:

Check out the McCoy product as below links
McCoy Shark
McCoy Stealth

Yeah I am looking at the McCoy Sharks. I hope to put an order in at pure in a week or two. Some friends and I are going to put in one big order to help with shipping.
I've thrown the 23g, 24g, as well as the 25g black ice darts. I loved the finish and the feel of the coating. I also like the shark tooth on the 24g because it is a little closer together in the center which helps make it feel not as agressive. I sold the 23g because the front weighted style just was not for me but the person that bought them loves them. The 24g I sold because I wanted a little slimmer and longer dart. The 25g were far to thick for me and I sold them to one of my teammates that I play with in both of my leagues. I see these darts twice a week. I can say the finish has held up extremely well, and there are only a few minor chips in the teeth.
Thanks Milky, they are a great looking dart for sure, I still have my original 24g ICE from when they first came out, something about the tungsten that feels very dense too.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

They look nice, great review Daz. Look forward to your reviews, nice to hear how they shape up by a neutral, also we're both front grip guys naturally, gives me a better idea.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Luke Woodhouse Darts Review Getagrip 12 143 10-14-2021, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target German Giant Gabriel Clemens 80 Black Darts Review Getagrip 3 78 10-11-2021, 01:56 PM
  Harrows Verve 23g darts review Getagrip 35 10,511 08-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: JakeStiebs
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 12 1,137 08-16-2021, 08:08 PM
Information Dynasty A Flow Black Line Fallon Sherrock darts review Ryk 19 3,595 07-13-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: sincaid
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 621 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,595 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,462 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 683 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 878 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM