Double Top Darts.

Lifestyle vs. Dart throwing
I asked nearly 1000 people questions not related to darts and found some very interesting things out. Here are the questions and the findings

Are you a neat person or not so neat?
I found that neat  people throw slightly worse than people that are not so neat.

What is your income?
I found that people that had higher incomes than people that had lower incomes. 

Do you take care of things you buy?
I found that people that take care of their things throw slightly worse than people that don't take care of their stuff.

Do you have an addictive personality?
I found people that have addictive personalities throw better than people that say they don't have addictive personalities.

These four questions are all I asked. And I think that the findings are pretty outstanding and telling of how our minds play a big role in our throws.

I asked if people were neat and if they took care of their things because I had a feeling that people that take care of their stuff and are neat didn't want to hit darts they had in the board already. This affects their grouping or stacking darts. People that didn't take care of things they buy are less worried about hitting their darts thus they tend to throw better without the worry.

I asked about income because I had a feeling the less worried you are about buying new things for your darts the better your throw would be. And again worrying about breaking flights or shafts I thought would affect a persons throw and it seemed to do just that. 

I asked my final question about having an addictive personality because I am intrigued by how this affects not only darts but other parts of life. People that have addictive personalities tend to over do everything they do and darts is no different. They practice more and it translates to better throwing. 

Now I just want to say there are always exceptions to every rule but I think after talking to this many people I have gotten a pretty good statistic sheet to go from. I would also like to say I in no way judge anyone or say my findings are absolute. 

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
I seriously doubt all of those 1000 people were dedicated dart players, so your info is a bit skewed in my eyes.

I like to think of myself as a neat person as far as appearance, how I take care of myself and how I present myself to others and that has no effect on my dart game.    Besides, I've played games against not so neat people over the years and I gotta say, sometimes the stench is a put-off and a game changer.

Not so sure what your point is about income level as you leave it open to speculation without any definitive purpose for asking.   Did you want the higher income folks to buy you beers when throwing against them????

As for taking care of things------I tend to take very good care of things I purchase since it is my hard earned money doing it.   I also try to buy the best of whatever it is I want if it is within my budget.    As for darts, they are a tool in my eyes, and tools are meant to be used to the best of my ability.   I have no problem with stacking, tight groupings, normal wear and tear on my equipment, etc. if it betters my game results.

I wouldn't say I have an addictive personality, but I'm definitely considered a Type A person.    I like results, hate wasting my time on frivolous things, etc. and when playing darts I give it my best to do well with every throw.

I think you need to narrow your research to a group like this before you form an opinion and let the dart players be the main focus of your work.

Re-read your post and saw what you said about income. First off, darts is one of the cheapest sports/games/hobbies when it comes to initial cost to get started and the cost of flights, shafts, and other misc. equipment is very reasonable when compared to many other undertakings. I mean, if you can't afford nylon stems and some poly flights, stick to sitting on the couch and watching re-runs of "Leave It To Beaver".
(04-22-2016, 02:30 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: I seriously doubt all of those 1000 people were dedicated dart players, so your info is a bit skewed in my eyes.

I like to think of myself as a neat person as far as appearance, how I take care of myself and how I present myself to others and that has no effect on my dart game.    Besides, I've played games against not so neat people over the years and I gotta say, sometimes the stench is a put-off and a game changer.

Not so sure what your point is about income level as you leave it open to speculation without any definitive purpose for asking.   Did you want the higher income folks to buy you beers when throwing against them????

As for taking care of things------I tend to take very good care of things I purchase since it is my hard earned money doing it.   I also try to buy the best of whatever it is I want if it is within my budget.    As for darts, they are a tool in my eyes, and tools are meant to be used to the best of my ability.   I have no problem with stacking, tight groupings, normal wear and tear on my equipment, etc. if it betters my game results.

I wouldn't say I have an addictive personality, but I'm definitely considered a Type A person.    I like results, hate wasting my time on frivolous things, etc. and when playing darts I give it my best to do well with every throw.

I think you need to narrow your research to a group like this before you form an opinion and let the dart players be the main focus of your work.

Re-read your post and saw what you said about income.    First off, darts is one of the cheapest sports/games/hobbies when it comes to initial cost to get started and the cost of flights, shafts, and other misc. equipment is very reasonable when compared to many other undertakings.   I mean, if you can't afford nylon stems and some poly flights, stick to sitting on the couch and watching re-runs of "Leave It To Beaver".

Did you make it through the post? Like I said there are exceptions to the rule. But for the most part it stands as it is. I don't drink so no I wasn't asking anything of anyone. I did however take 2 years, multiple league matches, dart tournaments, from the east to west coast in the United States and asking people to participate in this wasn't hard as I tend to talk to everyone. 

So yeah I'll stand behind the statistics. If you are a type A personality sure that would affect your throw, I know it affects mine but that's just common sense and that study has been done a million times. I wanted a different set of Questions and that's what i asked. The results are the results

Hmm, interesting idea but I used to be very very neat and almost obsessive about cleanliness and now I don't care but I'm only average at darts?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I should add that I probably am addicted to darts though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I don't even know how to answer the first question lol, in public in neat as f*ck, making sure I look good...BUT lazing around my house I wear comfy old clothes my daughter has stained up, or ripped...when I'm at home I actually look homeless...oh the irony
It was something I started doing a couple of years ago. I think about how different things affect darts. I think people are focusing more on what was asked than the results. I do want to emphasize that this isn't an attack on anyone it was just how the study turned out.

Interesting but I have to wonder what income has to do with throwing darts. Being distracted I understand and if thinking about money rather than the shot I get that
Disorganized people also generally have higher IQs... Higher IQs often make more money... People with more money could be more likely to take worse care of their stuff due to having more ability to replace it...

There's a bunch of ways to look at this.

Sociology is interesting at every level.

The most disorganized person in the world could be the best dart throw. Or the poorest, the person that doesn't take care of any of their stuff, or a person with a.d.d.

I never said this was everyone. But it was about 88% of the people I asked. I just posted the stats. Not to put anyone down but maybe to help someone.

I don't think you are insulting anyone. It's an observation based on a little study.

It's interesting to see this stuff

Back in the day my late best friend used to play darts according to his OCD. When he put on new flights he wouldn't want to bash them up so he purposely avoided grouping the darts. It used to get me so Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. because when his first dart went into the treble 20 I could see him throw the next 2 darts high. I used to yell at him and tell him to go for cover shots instead of doing some dumb s*** like that. I wish he was around today to see Storm points. Would've been great for his OCD ways. lol
(04-22-2016, 07:59 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Back in the day my late best friend used to play darts according to his OCD. When he put on new flights he wouldn't want to bash them up so he purposely avoided grouping the darts. It used to get me so Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. because when his first dart went into the treble 20 I could see him throw the next 2 darts high. I used to yell at him and tell him to go for cover shots instead of doing some dumb s*** like that. I wish he was around today to see Storm points. Would've been great for his OCD ways. lol

I love messing with OCD people.    My wife and I have this lady friend that is the poster child for OCD and she is constantly fiddling around with things when over at our house.   If she uses the bathroom she will change how the toilet paper is on the roller so it comes off from the bottom of the roll, or she'll hang towels from the oven door so they are neat and can dry out if used to wipe dishes.   I'll go in the bathroom and change the roll back to how we keep it and wait to see how long it stays that way--------just until she needs to use the bathroom again.   LOL

One Thanksgiving I fried 4 turkeys and had 30 people over. By days end I was looking for the carcasses to put in my large stock pot to cook down to make a couple gallons of fried turkey stock, but couldn't find them.     Come to find out, she tossed them in the trash and had put them out in the garbage can.    She now knows better, but it kills her to not toss them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throwing a dart is not natural? KLFToronto 1 160 11-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Looking for Dart throwing tips Jimbob75 1 284 11-12-2017, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Hellion