Shot Darts

Red Dragon Plasma 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcMZUO1lDk

This is a review of the Red Dragon Plasma darts, these are 23g and there is also a 25g version available and there is three models in the Plasma range and two weights for each model and they are 90% tungsten with a beautiful rainbow coloured coating which it says on the RD site is "5th generation Plasma coating design" although I am not quite sure if that means its a new type of coating or just the name they have given for the design of it?  They retail for £29.90 and you can buy them here: Red Dragon Darts  Plasma 23g darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a Red Dragon Tri-Fold Pro Wallet and inside there is 2 sets of Hardcore Plasma extra thick standard shape flights.  There is 2 sets of medium clear RD Polycarbonate stems with spring clips and a point protector and RD guarantee card:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The colours on these darts is very vibrant, I know this rainbow colour style is not to everyones taste but it does mean each dart is unique in its pattern as no two are exactly the same and I personally like how it looks with the supplied set up too.  As you can see the shape is a torpedo/bullet style very much like the Lowe bullet shape and it has a nice simple ring grip with fairly wide rings and grooves with a section of smaller thin cut rings at the rear.  Overall the grip is a medium level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels are very closely matched and the lightest is one tenth of a gram lighter than the heaviest.

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

Although a very short barrel with nothing attached the balance is front weighted:

With the supplied set up it moves more central:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was gripping these very near the nose of the barrel, I just felt I had the best control with that grip:

Darts landed in the board my usual angle Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONCLUSION:

I like these darts actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I cant say I performed amazing with them at first but they brought some fond memories back of my playing with the Lowe darts and I was getting some nice vibes from them which I thought was good so worth persevering further.

I have played with them a lot more since the video review and they have been performing rather well, I have kept my same grip as shown above as it just feels a little more natural to me although I can throw them from the middle and even the rear without too much of a problem really because its such a short barrel.

But I think like the Enigma darts I reviewed previously these suit my throw style and seem very smooth through the air.  I think again its a dart that can work with front, middle and rear grip styles if you like a short barrel.  I found the rear grip to be slightly more comfy than the front or middle but as its not my natural style it still felt the most awkward for me but the darts performed well enough so should be fine for rear grippers.

I don't think there was a great deal of difference between my position at the front or the middle in how the dart was flying, it was easy enough to throw from either positon but I just felt a little more confident with the front grip.

I have had some very nice groupings with the darts since and plenty of 100+ scores and just enjoyed throwing them on the whole.

I think the only issue I have noticed is when my hands have got a little warmer with a slight bit of seat, I don't sweat much but it is just enough to make the darts feel less grippy. only a very minor issue though and more a personal thing than a problem with the darts as such but a little bit more grippines may appeal to others who have more of a problem with sweaty fingers.

As I say above I think the colours on these are very vibrant and possibly one of the stronger rainbow colours I have seen, I think as the set up comes its a very attractive dart and a nice alternative to the Lowe style, well worth trying if your keen on this type of shape Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 9 (not everyones cup of tea but looks good to me!)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (2 very close third a little off)
Quality: 8 (nice quality)
Value: 8.5 (good package again)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (the more I have played the more I like them, they fly nice)

Best Feature: Very nice all rounder Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Amazing job! Been waiting for this review. Looks like the 25g is calling my name. Thanks for the hard work Grip.
Highest Checkout: 91

Lifetime 180s: 1
It's really evil that RD produces these not in lighter double threaded 2BAs! Fab review and photos as always Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That coating looks great, nice vibrant colors! Awesome review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Awesome review once again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They look very similar in shape to the enigmas you reviewed, do they fly similar aswell? Also the plasma coating must be one of my favorite coatings.
Great review 
Do like the look of them  
 How you think the coating will last   
Power 9five 22g with short pro grip shaft and slim flights 
Another utterly splendid and in-depth video and written review - accompanied by more excellent photographs - of these very nice (and somewhat, dare I suggest, "Lowe-like" darts!) Have a +1 from me too for all your hard work and clearly "nutty" love of darts gear, Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
The colours on those darts is very nice indeed. Your pictures are incredible as always Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. top review Darren! +1
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Wow, wonderful colors, it's the 80's powa!   :wellhello: It's a little bit too wide for me but clearly a must buy for any collector!

I have a new fav. review so it's an easy +1  :banana:

(04-19-2016, 07:06 PM)cns187 Wrote: Amazing job!  Been waiting for this review.  Looks like the 25g is calling my name.  Thanks for the hard work Grip.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-19-2016, 07:28 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: It's really evil that RD produces these not in lighter double threaded 2BAs! Fab review and photos as always Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

lol I know you want a soft tip version Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-19-2016, 09:01 PM)Kev Wrote: That coating looks great, nice vibrant colors! Awesome review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Kev! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-19-2016, 09:52 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Awesome review once again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They look very similar in shape to the enigmas you reviewed, do they fly similar aswell? Also the plasma coating must be one of my favorite coatings.

Thanks, they are kind of similar, fly nice and smooth but I felt more at home with these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-19-2016, 10:23 PM)Irnbru Wrote: Great review 
Do like the look of them  
 How you think the coating will last   

Cheers! I don't see why it shouldn't last well as its a PVD type coating. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-19-2016, 11:14 PM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: Another utterly splendid and in-depth video and written review - accompanied by more excellent photographs - of these very nice (and somewhat, dare I suggest, "Lowe-like" darts!) Have a +1 from me too for all your hard work and clearly "nutty" love of darts gear, Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Chris! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-20-2016, 10:08 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: The colours on those darts is very nice indeed. Your pictures are incredible as always Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. top review Darren! +1

Cheers Barry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-20-2016, 11:42 AM)Zsocca Wrote: Wow, wonderful colors, it's the 80's powa!   :wellhello: It's a little bit too wide for me but clearly a must buy for any collector!

I have a new fav. review so it's an easy +1  :banana:

LOL thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review, I might try these :-)
I think these are gorgeous
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
Cheers guys, give em a try! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

So, it appears my Neo bombs have run their course and I've been looking at these the last few days. The rear rings will suit me a bit better than buying Lowes which is where I've been looking too. The colour is a bit much for me though. Is it possible to strip it back?
(12-06-2016, 08:19 PM)vivwilson84 Wrote: So, it appears my Neo bombs have run their course and I've been looking at these the last few days. The rear rings will suit me a bit better than buying Lowes which is where I've been looking too. The colour is a bit much for me though. Is it possible to strip it back?
I don't think so,but they are a very nicely balanced dart, so if you can get over the color, then by all means give them a go.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 335 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 620 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 15,728 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 823 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 388 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 320 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,121 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,224 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,144 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,132 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM