Unicorn

RD Snakebite PL15 24g or RD Eagle 6 24g
Hi guys, I wanted to inform whether one of you has experience with one of these sets or perhaps both.
I am not sure if  going for the PL15´s or the Eagle 6.
They have the same size barrel. Both 50.8mm x 7.00mm so there's no difference.

The Eagle´s got grip all over to the end of the barrel, but the PL15 have a smooth area at the end of the barrel. 
As a middle/rear gripper I might have my concerns about that smooth part. 

Personally I would prefer the PL15´s just a little but more than the Eagles since they look better imho.
I do get the idea that the grip is not as grippy as it is described on the PL15, someone who could comfirm this- or not?

As I want to fit Storm points, whatever set it is going to be, I am a little worried that the tapered nose of the PL15's is to thin to fit the Storm points nicely.
I informed some time ago at another darts store if they could fit Storms in a similar kind of dart as these but they said that the nose was so tapered (thin) that they did not fit storms into them since there would be a possability that the nose would break..?! Happened before so they wouldn''t do it anymore to a thin tapered nose...
 Or wouldn't this be a problem?

Of course I have to made the final decision myself, but would appreciate it to receive some feedback from members which have/had a set of these and can tell me the pro's and cons of these darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

I cant comment on the eagle 6 having never owned a set but I have owned 2 sets of pl15 and I can say they are very good darts. I am a rear gripper myself and I know they have that smooth part at the back but its not very big. Its really a matter of personal choice though only you will know which grip will suit your style best.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
(04-17-2016, 09:47 PM)Ben Davison Wrote: I cant comment on the eagle 6 having never owned a set but I have owned 2 sets of pl15 and I can say they are very good darts. I am a rear gripper myself and I know they have that smooth part at the back but its not very big. Its really a matter of personal choice though only you will know which grip will suit your style best.

So the grip part on the PL15 is really grippy? From the pictures it does not look like it so that was my main concern. I think my finger will be placed just before the smooth part where the grip area starts (looking from the end of the barrel). 
Thanks for your input Ben!

Well, seems like your input was already enough.. Looking forward to receiving them (hopefully) later on this week.
Also ordered the Brochure for free, seemed like there were some nice pictures of Daniella... I mean darts in there! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I got out the calipers and measured the end of the barrels on my Blue PL-15's and they came out at 3.77mm. I also had an unused set of 30mm smooth storms which measured 3.41mm, so you will still have a small lip. I'm not sure I would put storms on the PL-15's they taper down so small, but to each his own! Enjoy your new darts!

Pat

Match Setup: [font=Arial]23g Target Keith Deller
[/font]w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

(04-18-2016, 04:10 AM)repat Wrote: I got out the calipers and measured the end of the barrels on my Blue PL-15's and they came out at 3.77mm.  I also had an unused set of 30mm smooth storms which measured 3.41mm, so you will still have a small lip.  I'm not sure I would put storms on the PL-15's they taper down so small, but to each his own!  Enjoy your new darts!

Pat

Hi Pat,
Thanks a lot for taking the effort to measure both! That's indeed just a small lip. But perhaps since you have the blue PL15's the coated barrel might be just slightly thicker? Anyway, I think like you mentionthat the nose is nicely tapered it is perhaps not even needed to fit Storms.., I will see and try when they arrive :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thank you mate and I sure will snjoy them !!