Darts Buddy

17 Left, three darts in hand
So that's S1 - D8, right?  

I've changed my mind.  

My hand and my eye really, really, really don't want to throw at S1.  And either side of S1 is a bust.  But go S9 - D4, and I can miss on either side of S9 and I'm still alive.  Granted, hit either 14 or 12 and I'm back to throwing at S1, but at least I'm not busted.  Besides, I'm a little better at D4 than I am at D8.

So 17 = S9 - D4 for me.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

S9 would be the more safe way yes, prefer it over S1 aswell.
I usually go 1 D8, but seeing this question made me rethink. How about going for T3 instead of single 9? A single leaves you on 14. If you hit low into the double, that would leave 11. Another single leaves 8 and if you hit high into the treble, it still leaves you madhouse. Not the best, of course, but it's an out. And of course, like going 1 first dart, a miss either side is a bust.

Going single 9 first, a hit into either double or treble is a bust. A miss to either side is fine - IF - it lands in the single. In either case, if you miss to either side when going 9 first, you have to switch targets for your second dart. Not so when going to the 3 segment first.

Just my $0.02 USD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
S1, d8 all day just be confident you will hit the big 1
3 D7. Of course eaither side of the three and you bust but D7 isn't that bad as I tend to go for D16 a lot and it's not too far.
(04-16-2016, 05:20 PM)JayPro Wrote: How about going for T3 instead of single 9?

Interesting thought.  When I play Cricket I'm spectacular at hitting T3.

I want to do 1- D8 but the better move would be 9-D4 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Always 9-D4 for me.
Single 9. But thinking about it, I can't ever remember being stuck on 17.
(04-16-2016, 06:46 PM)Cyanide Wrote: ... I can't ever remember being stuck on 17.

You've never had me for a doubles partner.

Okay, how about 17 with 2 darts?  1 dart?

I'm going for the S1 in both cases.

Mmmmm S13 D2? Nah S1 D8 every time
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Yep sgl. 1 dbl. 8 for me...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Same here, S1 - D8. My favorite all time double D8.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
To a beginner or nervous player with 17 left - I will let them look at neighboring segments 2 and 15 for their 1st dart.
(04-16-2016, 04:53 PM)brenthahn Wrote: So that's S1 - D8, right?  

I've changed my mind.  

My hand and my eye really, really, really don't want to throw at S1.  And either side of S1 is a bust.  But go S9 - D4, and I can miss on either side of S9 and I'm still alive.  Granted, hit either 14 or 12 and I'm back to throwing at S1, but at least I'm not busted.  Besides, I'm a little better at D4 than I am at D8.

So 17 = S9 - D4 for me.

9 d4 is how I go as well. It significantly lowers the risk of busting, and I love d4.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Left Eye Dominant JamieW 2 184 01-14-2021, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
Thumbs Up Which hand do you retrieve your darts with? Jugador 60 3,619 12-20-2020, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Mighty Mariner
  Switching from right hand throw to left hand throw PecosJoe 7 378 10-29-2019, 09:09 AM
Last Post: JamieJ
  Just need a bit of a hand Pearce.mcd 5 829 02-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Why do pro's always look left after throwing their darts? brunocar5 15 2,275 01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  50 left with 3 darts..... Doubledouble 58 6,208 12-31-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Double top robb