Target Darts.

Red Dragon Enigma 4 25g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdrptMiPuQ

These are the Red Dragon Enigma 4 25g darts, there is 5 models in the Enigma range and one weight for each model.  They cost £34.90 and are 90% tungsten.

You can buy them from the Red Dragon site here: Red Dragon Darts  Enigma 4 25g darts

PACKAGE AND CONTENTS:

The darts come in a Red Dragon Tri-Fold Pro Wallet and inside there is a set of Hardcore black and blue stripe extra thick standard shape flights and a set of Hardcore White extra thick standards too.  There is 2 sets of medium black tint RD Polycarbonate stems with spring clips and a point protector and RD guarantee card:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a good look dart and as you can see it has a torpedo/bullet style of shape and the blue PVD coated rings give it a striking look.  If you look close you can see the rings are like a shallow angled razor style grip so at best its a high medium with the centre section probably been the grippiest part and it also feels like a very subtle scallop due to the rings there in opposing directions.  The sections before and after that with the razor are also a little thinner so they too feel like a subtle scallop.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

There is just one hundredth of a gram difference between 2 of the barrels but twelve hundredths of a gram between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

Its a little awkward to balance properly as the centre section is a little wider than the 2 razor grip sections either side so its kind of protruding but as close as I can get it the balance with nothing attached is front of centre:

With the supplied set up it is more central, perhaps just slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylons stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I found the centre grip work best, it is not too far from my natural front grip but seemed to fly the best there:

Darts landed in the board in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

I think these darts have a very smooth flight for me, no matter what position I tried gripping them with the flight was nice and smooth each time and the centre is probably the smoothest to throw from overall.

With my front grip I was kind of half on the razor grip and half on the band near the front which sort of feels like it protrudes a little.  Darts were fine gripping there and fairly comfy although I just had a slight feeling of imbalance at times.  But they still work well with a front grip.

As I tried the centre section I was expecting it to feel a little more awkward but better balanced, I say awkward because of the way that section feels a little different and unique and also again protruding slightly but it actually felt very comfortable there and also I felt with the better balance and the way the grip is fashioned that I had more control of the dart and I think its performed best for me with that grip.

I was not expecting too much from trying a rear grip but was nicely surprised to see that it also worked well when I gripped the rings at the back of the barrel, it was still smooth in flight although as per usual its harder for me to control with such a grip but I can see it been a good dart for rear grippers that like this shorter barrel style.

So overall its a very versatile dart that looks great and flies nice with a nicely made middle grip section.

Well worth a look I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (good looking darts)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (2 almost perfect but third some way off)
Quality: 8 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (good package)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (pretty good, just maybe a little too heavy)

Best Feature: Smooth flight Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

+1 for the review, top class as ever. A nice option for those that like that style of dart.
I'm a bit concerned with the price though. I think they are pricey enough for a non player dart, a trend that is happening not just with RD.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Great as always. Dont have feeling about this darts. Maybe colour and shape...
Valencia/Spain

Great review again Darren! Another lovely dart that might do well if it were double-threaded 2BAs. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What a great review again! The grip looks nice but the barrel might be too thick for me personally.
+1 for your time and beautiful pictures again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

(04-15-2016, 07:03 PM)jc14 Wrote: +1 for the review, top class as ever. A nice option for those that like that style of dart.
I'm a bit concerned with the price though. I think they are pricey enough for a non player dart, a trend that is happening not just with RD.

Thanks mate! Yeah sadly prices seem to rise ll the time but I guess there is meaning reasons for that but at least with the RD ones you get a decent package of useful items Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-15-2016, 07:09 PM)paco soledad Wrote: Great as always. Dont have feeling about this darts. Maybe colour and shape...

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-15-2016, 07:16 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Great review again Darren! Another lovely dart that might do well if it were double-threaded 2BAs. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Chris, may need lighter barrel for most soft tippers though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-15-2016, 08:01 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: What a great review again! The grip looks nice but the barrel might be too thick for me personally.
+1 for your time and beautiful pictures again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Ruben! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

great review as usual, great pics, I like the colour of these +1

Member previously known as Daveheald

(04-16-2016, 09:17 AM)Rodney Wrote: great review as usual, great pics, I like the colour of these +1

Thanks Rodderz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Smashing review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. great looking dart and I do really like that mini shark / razor grip that RD have put on them. Not my style or shape, but for anyone that likes bullets these look to notch
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry, I think they make a good alternative to the Taylor style barrels, been shorter they should suit some fronties better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always. These are exactly the shape and length I like. Not sure how to justify continually buying similar darts though. Why would these work any better for me than my Phase 5 or Power 9 fives for example?
And have a +1 on me for this splendid review too!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Thanks guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review. Very informative.
Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 486 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 15,579 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 717 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 349 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 282 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,066 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,127 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,005 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,035 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion 2020 23g Darts Review Getagrip 29 2,892 03-04-2020, 04:14 PM