Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

S7 Reviews #8: Phase 2A: The Best Dart Ever Made!
Greetings fellow Nutz! Well it's that time again where I have way too much time on my hands so I thought I would review a dart that has come back into my life in a big way recently. I introduce you to the best dart ever made (personal opinion of course but Barneveld did win the 2014 premier league with these): The RVB Phase 2A!

1. Packaging and my set-up:
Comes with the usual Unicorn maxi case (I have about 7 of these now!). Those who have seen my previous posts of my Barney collection know that I put storm points in all of them but, even though they look good, these don't fly quite as well so I swapped them out for some 32mm gold lasered points with some Grippper 3 stems, gold slot lock rings and 125 micron big wing flights. The gripper 3s get a lot of hate but I don't suffer a lot of Robin Hoods with this set up and I do find they fly better. They do look dull and well used but I have had these darts for over a year (after watching Grip's youtube review. I should really stop watching them because I'm almost single-handedly keeping Madhouse in business Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).

2. Dimensions, Grip and Balance:
Quite a thick dart so if you have big hands like me then they will suit you fine. These are very evenly balanced and even with my set up, the balance point only moves back ever so slightly. Generally, the RVB models are known for their excellent even-weighting so they suit both front and rear grippers alike. They have the LP grip along the entire length (you may have heard this term a lot - LP grip means that if you run your nail along it feels like an LP record). These are grippy darts but not quite as grippy as the purist grip so I would say 3.5/5. Grippy but not so much that it compromises the release. The gold racing stripe doesn't really add anything to the grip but boy does it look cool! As i mentioned, I've had these for over a year and the grip and looks are still holding up really well.

3. Performance:
But how do they fly?!?!?!?!? Read on and I will tell you. These fly like an absolute dream. I don't think I've ever thrown a more superbly balanced dart than this. I have never noticed a hint of wobble or instability during flight. I grip these just forward of centre and I tend to try and 'float' the dart in which they do nicely. These darts perform equally as well with either a slow or fast throw and most grip types. The way they sound when hitting the board is a delight. You almost subconciously develop a Barney style throw when using these!

4. Conclusion:
Good grip? Check. Superb balance? Check. Look good? Check. Variety in weight? Erm...no. These only come in 25g so will probably be beyond use of a lot of players but the phase 2 comes in different weights (same dart but no gold stripe). There are many threads on this forum comparing the different phases so I won't go into detail here. For me, however, they are perfect and I love throwing these. The weight and grip are spot on and the looks are superb so if you like quite a chunky dart with a good grip and you use darts around the 24-26g range then I cannot recommend these highly enough. I can honestly say that these are the best darts I have ever thrown. Superb! 10/10
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review and very clear pics!! +1
I like your set up especially with the red flights.
Looking at your scores I can imagine they fly very well for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Fresh out of the moving box :thumbup:
may all the doubles be with you

Great review again. I really liked these and the phase 2 but since both only come in 25g I ended up using the phase 1 lovely darts though for sure
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

(04-14-2016, 01:31 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Fresh out of the moving box :thumbup:

Still waiting to move so I dug them back out again lol
Top notch review and pics. Lots of love for the Barney darts. Waiting on a set of 23g phase 1's arriving and really looking forward to throwing them, even more so now after reading this. Good job Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

A great dart indeed. Phase 2s and clearly the 2As
Darts: Unicorn Wez Newton Purist DNA 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Highest out: 120 (T20, 20, D20)
180s: 3 (but Flight School will sort that)
3 Dart average: 49.87 (up already George Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images...)
(04-14-2016, 01:24 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: Great review and very clear pics!! +1
I like your set up especially with the red flights.
Looking at your scores I can imagine they fly very well for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Ruben. Now I've gone back to these I am hitting some great averages and becoming a lot more consistent.
I love the shape of Barney darts. I currently have some ph4 23g, and 25g DNA ph2. I haven't seen the 2a's in the flesh yet.

Nice review, thank you!
Very nice review S7! +1 They are great darts, just a little heavy for my own liking so ended up using the Phase 4 in 23 gram.
Nice review and I can't argue with how good those darts really are.
Great review!!
I found the 25g Phase 2 a bit too heavy, so ended with the 23g Phase 1 (Golden) and they are awesome!! Nice balanced and de grip is about perfect...
- 23g Unicorn Barney W.C. Golden (atm) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
- Shot! Bandit Plus dartboard
Really nice review. I've wanted to try a set
Hi..

I tried the the phase 1 world champion and I really liked them but I was afraid that the grip would wear down to fast!! How does yours look???
(01-19-2017, 02:17 PM)Seabass1 Wrote: Hi..

I tried the the phase 1 world champion and I really liked them but I was afraid that the grip would wear down to fast!! How does yours look???

I've not used these for about 4 months I had them a long time before the review. Yes the grip has worn a bit but still pretty good:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 3,008 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  TITAN REVIEWS - Cosmo Dart Case (GREEN) Titan 17 6,239 10-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Last Post: kungfuron
  S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen Serial 7hriller 11 4,893 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3 Serial 7hriller 18 7,263 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Viking
  Chardotz's Scientific dart reviews! Chardotz 18 5,206 01-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Chardotz
  TITAN REVIEWS - One80 HOLDALL Wallet Dart Case Titan 14 5,139 09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  TITAN REVIEWS - COMING SOON Titan 6 1,271 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Titan