Harrows Darts.

Comparison: VVDV Phase 2 24g vs. Dartclearance 22g £9.99
Since I noted that there were quite a few people who were interested between the differences of the VVDV2's and the cheap Dartclearance darts and it was raining today, I had some time to make a little comparison for you all and share my personal opinions about both darts. 
I already posted a review on the VVDV2's a few days ago; you can find it here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=19896

Well, let's see how the barrels look like next to each other first:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but the VVDV2 is slightly thicker than the DC barrell, but they are also 2g's heavier. They both have a rounded nose and the same lenght point. The VVDV2's have a smooth area in the middle, which for middle grippers might be a small issue. Also the part at the end of the barrel which is smooth on both darts, is slightly longer on the VVDV2's.

DC:

VVDV2: 

Untill this point the barrels are very similar to each other looking at lenght, thickness, and kind of grip. I made some macro pictures to see how big the differences really are between the two. (The VVDV2's are used for a longer time, don't mind the dings at the barrel.)

First the rear grip part:

DC 22g:

VVDV2 24g:

Still almost identical, right?

Let's take closer look at the front grip:

DC 22g: (nose is at the right)

VVDV2 24g: (nose is at the right)

Again, they have the same design of grip. Thin rings close to eachother, middle part (different on both), and again thinner rings.

Now let's have a look how they look in macro next to each other:

Left side: DC 22g
Right side: VVDV2 24g

The DC barrel has slightly thicker rings with less spacing between each. The VVDV2's has it the other way around, thinner rings with more spacing between each.
On the DC barrel the rings continue far untill the front of the barrel. I personally like this better than the smooth part on the VVDV2's.

Let's look at the front grip close to each other.

Left: DC 22g
Right: VVDV2 24g

It is really hard to get on camera, but the DC rings are slightly deeper cutted than the rings on the VVDV2's. So if you are a front gripper looking for a good gripped straight barrel, go for the Dartclearance darts! Me as a rear gripper also prefer the front grip of the DC barrel.

After receiving my VVDV2's a few days ago, I did not think I would say this now but I really like the DC darts better than these. And imagine they cost less than 1/3 of the price of the VVDV2's... Well, anyway, enough weird close up pictures for now. Enjoy a few creative shots and thanks for reading my comparison! Hopefully this helps you guys in making a future decision on buying the DartsClearance darts or not. But if it does, be fast because I am sure they won;t last very much longer to be available!

Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Great comparison mate, really thoroughly done, +1
Star 
Can you list width and length of the both ?
(own measurements)

Thanks, Fred
may all the doubles be with you

Thank you very much @Walker!

@Fred , I would love to, but I still have to get a tool to measure it... Quite hard with a standard ruler Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-12-2016, 07:35 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: Thank you very much @Walker!

@Fred , I would love to, but I still have to get a tool to measure it... Quite hard with a standard ruler Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Okay mate. Caliper(schuifmaat) on your wish list Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

DC's FTW all day Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-12-2016, 07:39 PM)Fred-180 Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 07:35 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: Thank you very much @Walker!

Okay mate. Caliper(schuifmaat) on your wish list Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Aha, so you're Dutch too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Was already surfing on ebay, €17 sold to me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great advertising of Great Darts. Have a +1 Sir.
(04-12-2016, 08:44 PM)Shotgun Wrote: Great advertising of Great Darts. Have a +1 Sir.

It kinda looks like it doesn't it haha! Thanks mate!

But don't get me wrong guys. The VVDV2's are still a great dart! But.., yea.., compared with these DC darts... Never mind Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The VdV2 are good, no doubt. That´s why i wanted them. 
But every Time i was on the BG Site i was tempted to buy the two limited Sets they sell too.
Now i have 3 Sets for the Price of one. But still want to have those limited Darts  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That's a good one indeed. The limited edition looks great, but it looks like the grip isn't. But can also be the small picture.
Anyway, I think a set of these Dartsclearance is a must!
BTW, do you have the VVDV2's already or..?

(04-12-2016, 09:01 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: BTW, do you have the VVDV2's already or..?

Watch out my Friend. You´re not too far away....   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

But no, i don´t have them. Yet.
(04-12-2016, 09:09 PM)Shotgun Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 09:01 PM)Ruben Vola Wrote: BTW, do you have the VVDV2's already or..?

Watch out my Friend. You´re not too far away....   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

But no, i don´t have them. Yet.

Haha feel free to come over  :hithere:

Damn You!

Bought Some Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-12-2016, 09:32 PM)kamikersie Wrote: Damn You!

Bought Some Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just viewed your picasaweb link.. Like you haven't got enough darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Oh and btw, you're welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.