Shot Darts

V-Darts vs. Darts Connect
A friend of mine, Joel Ramos, posted this to Facebook. He has both boards. Found this interesting for those trying to decide. Keep in mind, Gran Board has a upcoming online capability release also. 

"
Darts Connect and VDarts Pros and Cons

VDarts Pros:
Online play is fluid and similar to playing online at your local bar. 
Does have some good practice games
Has a lobby to choose players to play against

VDarts Cons:
Darts bounce out like crazy
board connectivity can be an issue
bluetooth issues or app can't connect to board
lots of problems with the app
graphics are to slow
you hit a bull 3 seconds later the bullseye graphic starts. very distracting. 
if players don't log out it keeps them in the lobby.

Darts Connect Pros:
Board has a very nice stylish design
Board is very quiet to play on. 
The built in camera actually produces some nice clear pictures of your opponent
Board connects to device via WIFI 
No issues with bounce outs
No major app issues that I have ran into

Darts Connect Cons:
online play can be a little slow
no lobby
have 2 options: challenge a friend or play a random player
If your dart doesn't register and you tap it to register your dart it takes a nice close up pic of you. makes it seem like you finger blast if you are playing a random player.
Graphics are plain ( I like it better that way) 
no practice games released yet 
practice games will be released in the new app update 
stats are WAY off 
Ex. I shot a perfect game of 501 and ppd given to me was 45.5

Overall the VDarts board has been out for way to long to have so many bugs. When you can get it to work it is a great board to play online with. Love the lobby and being able to pick who I want to challenge. Darts Connect has only started to ship out so online players will grow as there is only a limited amount of players to play right now. Darts Connect seems to have a better app and better overall board as it is very quiet to play on. Seems as if they are actually learning from their Beta testers and fixing problems before actually releasing anything. Something that VDarts didn't do.

VDarts Vs. Darts Connect: The Winner in my book is Darts Connect. If I had to choose just one board I would have to go with the Darts Connect just because of their app. No Major issues, as with VDarts the issues are enough to make you want to smash the board with a hammer sometimes. haha!! If you Can get both I would Highly recommend it. I have both and am glad that I do. If I can't get a match on Darts Connect I will jump on VDarts and pray that it works and grab a match there or play one of the great practice games it has such as Sniper.

If you are interested in either board pm me and I can stir you in the right direction for a great deal. Hope this helps.
"
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sounds like they are both not quite perfect but out of the 2 it sounds like the Dart Connect has the potential for greater improvement if its just the software side that's a bit lacking.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-11-2016, 06:42 PM)Scotty Burnett Wrote: A friend of mine, Joel Ramos, posted this to Facebook. He has both boards. Found this interesting for those trying to decide. Keep in mind, Gran Board has a upcoming online capability release also. 

"
Darts Connect and VDarts Pros and Cons

VDarts Pros:
Online play is fluid and similar to playing online at your local bar. 
Does have some good practice games
Has a lobby to choose players to play against

VDarts Cons:
Darts bounce out like crazy
board connectivity can be an issue
bluetooth issues or app can't connect to board
lots of problems with the app
graphics are to slow
you hit a bull 3 seconds later the bullseye graphic starts. very distracting. 
if players don't log out it keeps them in the lobby.

Darts Connect Pros:
Board has a very nice stylish design
Board is very quiet to play on. 
The built in camera actually produces some nice clear pictures of your opponent
Board connects to device via WIFI 
No issues with bounce outs
No major app issues that I have ran into

Darts Connect Cons:
online play can be a little slow
no lobby
have 2 options: challenge a friend or play a random player
If your dart doesn't register and you tap it to register your dart it takes a nice close up pic of you. makes it seem like you finger blast if you are playing a random player.
Graphics are plain ( I like it better that way) 
no practice games released yet 
practice games will be released in the new app update 
stats are WAY off 
Ex. I shot a perfect game of 501 and ppd given to me was 45.5

Overall the VDarts board has been out for way to long to have so many bugs. When you can get it to work it is a great board to play online with. Love the lobby and being able to pick who I want to challenge. Darts Connect has only started to ship out so online players will grow as there is only a limited amount of players to play right now. Darts Connect seems to have a better app and better overall board as it is very quiet to play on. Seems as if they are actually learning from their Beta testers and fixing problems before actually releasing anything. Something that VDarts didn't do.

VDarts Vs. Darts Connect: The Winner in my book is Darts Connect. If I had to choose just one board I would have to go with the Darts Connect just because of their app. No Major issues, as with VDarts the issues are enough to make you want to smash the board with a hammer sometimes. haha!! If you Can get both I would Highly recommend it. I have both and am glad that I do. If I can't get a match on Darts Connect I will jump on VDarts and pray that it works and grab a match there or play one of the great practice games it has such as Sniper.

If you are interested in either board pm me and I can stir you in the right direction for a great deal. Hope this helps.
"

I have not experienced any of the cons stated in VDarts, except people being in the lobby if they don't sign out. I have no more bounce outs on VDarts than any bar machine. The VDarts app works perfectly on my iPad. It's slower on android. 

I like Darts Connect layout better. Not real fond of the animated menu on VDarts. 

Darts connect is so new that it's hard to make a real assessment, in my opinion. 

VDarts surly beats DC in the connection department. VDarts links automatically. Took me two days to figure out connecting to DC. 

There is already a fix on the way for MPR and PPD. I shot a 4.5 in cricket according to the app. It was probably a 2. Lol.

Quality wise, the boards are identical. Both are equal in sound. If VDarts is louder, it's because it's been used more, out longer. In my house the noise is the same. Less than my previously owned Arachnid, but much louder than my Gran Board. Gran Board quality is superior in my opinion. But, it gets old playing the Ole Lady. Need on line play for sure.

Excited to hear Gran Board will have online play. Is that an update for the current boards or is it a new board that you have to buy?

I wish you had the same news about Dartslive. That would be what I really want. I just love the Dartslive app, statistics, rankings, etc.
Thanks for adding onto the thread!

Not sure about the Gran Board app. They are keeping it pretty hush hush. I am hoping they are taking their time to make sure everything is working before any type of release.
Can't speak for V-Darts, but people seem to be forgetting, DC is a new product. and has been in the public hands for barely even a week. Everyone has growing pains.
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
Huck, I agree with you to a certain extent. Vdarts took months to be playable to any satisfaction. Will DC be the same? Consider this, you buy a new car but it won't run properly for months. Would you be happy?

If Gran Board goes live, it will put both Vdarts and DC to shame. Why? Because they won't release it until its ready. Hooefully. Lol. They're first release was lacking too. Remember when we lost all our stats when they changed formats? Maybe vsPhoenix will get in the game. Who knows.
(04-13-2016, 04:21 AM)Chardotz Wrote: Huck, I agree with you to a certain extent. Vdarts took months to be playable to any satisfaction. Will DC be the same? Consider this, you buy a new car but it won't run properly for months. Would you be happy?

If Gran Board goes live, it will put both Vdarts and DC to shame. Why? Because they won't release it until its ready. Hooefully. Lol. They're first release was lacking too. Remember when we lost all our stats when they changed formats?  Maybe vsPhoenix will get in the game. Who knows.

Agreed. But if you're starting from scratch, there's only certain ways you can test. In the terms of a new car, there's a platform to start from. In the space we're discussing, everyone is trying a new approach. Kind of like vhs vs betamax, hddvd vs blu ray. Kind of, don't flame me for that comparision.

If Dartslive went live with an online app, hell, that would jump to probably number 2 or 3 on the board selection list, the outrageous price being the detriment.

DC is playable to a certain satisfaction for me. Is it stable? no. But i've been on their side of a product. To develop for a scale of this size, you can only test so much in house.
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
Nice to have a comparison of all electronic boards and their features.

Thanks for sharing Scotty!
DC will have a lobby soon, I'm told.
Nice. That would be a biggie for me. Thats good to hear.
The current app is .5.1 or close to that. Some functions won't be ready until 1.0.0.

Star tracking and ranking are a couple.
App Update (15 April 2016) #dartsconnect

Join Darts Connect Online Players  now! 

iOS: https://dartsconnect.ecthk.net/app/ios/v053
Android: https://goo.gl/HFAugL

- Improved online battle stability
- Revised MPR formula
- Missed dart in Cricket represented in dots
- My Profile page email address updated
Wow what a read
can we play the cpu in darts connect? I see they are available en masse in the uk now and really want a decent soft tip board, im not too interested in the online play though, id much rather play the cpu at various difficulty levels to practice then go online every now and then. Does it come with this as standard or is it online only?