Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Winmau Testament 24g
Like promised I would do another review about my 24g Winmau Testaments. Since I got so many nice and positive reactions on my previous review I am doing this one with even more joy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well to start, these are far from new since they have been my match darts for over 1,5 year and I have had some little accidents with these over the time. 

So, why did I choose these darts 1,5 year ago? I don;t know either.. Had some giftcards left from bol.com (Dutch guys will know) and liked the black coating and design of these darts, so why not! two days later they arrived, WOW!! I had expexted them to be much fatter but they weren't. The darts retail price for the bigger online shops is around €36 / 28pound / 40$.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The barrel is shaped like a teardrop. As you can already see, these look like they got some really aggressive shark grip. And yes, you've guessed it right, they do! None of my friends liked to throw with these and call this one some "weird kind of object". I personally really love the grip in combination with the front loaded nose. 

The darts originally come with alu winmau shafts and Testament standard flight. I'm not a fan of alu shafts so switched them immediately for nylon ones. I used to have regular black Pro Grip inbetween shafts on these with the standard black Unicorn flight and some badass black 30mm grooved storm points. Unfortunately, some weeks ago when I was practicing at a friend, I got a bouncer and the storm point broke off perfectly down the barrel... That was Just 24 hours before I had to throw the final at my local pub against my long time rival... awch! I went to my local darts shop and the guy told me they had to be lasered out and that it would take 2 weeks. Anyway, I lost the final with 2-3 using my 22g Lightning Storms. 

Anyway, let's keep focussing on the darts them selves Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
the barrels have a really strong and nice PVD coating which after 1,5 year still is almost perfect. Just some user signs at the grip but basically that's it! Even though the shape of the barrel makes it look like the maximum diameter would be at least 7+mm it is "only" 6.7mm which with a lenght of 51.0mm is really nice to hold. 
Here is a picture of how I grip the darts:

Normally I would grip it much further to the end, but unfortunately (for me) the grip ends quite fast. For me, an extended grip to the back would be making this my favorite dart most likely. As these are 24g, I find them much heavier to throw than other 24g darts like my Darryl Fittons and the VvdV Phase 2. 

I must admit, it did take me quite some time to really get along with these darts. But once finding the ringht way to hold and throw them, they are sooo easy to aim with!unlikely like other darts with which you really have to concentrate on the area you want it to land, I can throw these just with 'my feeling' . Some may find the grip to aggressive and sharp, But I find it very nice and it almost feels like they are one with your fingers when putting pressure against the sharp grip when throwing.

This is how the darts land in the board:

What I personally like about darts which are coated, especially black, is that you can make really cool set ups with them! I recently found this set up online and found it really badass!! Have a look:

Grandslam Jelle Klaassen flights with regular orange nylon shafts. Still have to buy some inbetween Winmau Prisma shafts to really finish the combo Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just one last question/experience I have, not only with these darts but also with a lot of others. Since I am using 4 fingers when throwing my darts, my ring (4th) finger rests on the nose of the dart. When throwing, I find myself sometimes using this finger to pushing the dart out of track which makes them land sideways in the board. Especially when hitting doubles this is often a problem for me. Because the point is not where it belongs!!! LOL. Here an example of how sideways my darts land into the board...

Picture is taken from right in front of the board. I have tried to dismiss my 4th finger but I can't seem to throw without it.

Let's conclude;

For the price I find these very high quality darts with a very durable coating!
The grip could be made just a few mm;s longer to the back but again, that's just my opinion.
If you are a middle/rear gripper and like a front loaded nose these darts will suit you very well. Unless you do not like shark grip which really grips into your fingers hehe Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Looks: 8/10 - Really nice PVD coating and nice design
Quality: 9/10 - Very duarable coating as well and grip stays sharp even after 1,5 year of use.
Value: 9/10 - For the money you'll get a lot of dart!!
Suitability: 9/10 - Really enjoy throwing these darts each time again.
Nice to throw: 7/10 - It does need quite some practise and they easily fly to a place you do not want them to Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Best feature: GRIPPPPP 

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoyed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Great review, with very clear photos Ruben! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Love the look of the orange nylons! Even though you mentioned 'regular', the almost look fluorescent!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-09-2016, 04:54 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Great review, with very clear photos Ruben! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Love the look of the orange nylons! Even though you mentioned 'regular', the almost look fluorescent!

Thanks a lot!
As you mention it now, looks like they are some kind of glow in the dark haha Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice Review,,,,, I like the shark grip alot,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review Ruben!
great review and pics, I like the orange setup very much Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1 from me

Member previously known as Daveheald

Cheers guys!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Love that orange set-up :thumbup:
may all the doubles be with you

Like to hear that you guys like the orange set up!

Great review! They look excellent for 1.5 years of use. Very similar shape to my current Shot set so I may have to get a set of these to try out and compare. Very helpful review for me.

Orange setup looks good too.

I tend to have darts land at a side angle most of the time and it's something I am working to correct. My grip is 3 fingers and after making a slow-mo video I figured out I am releasing them with the tail to the left. I'm a lefty so by the time they hit the board they end up tail right. I haven't fixed it yet but working on minor stance changes and follow through tweaks to see how best to correct it in a comfortable way. I'm sure pulling the dart back beside my cheek has something to do with but I'm not changing that. So I'm in the same boat ?.

Thanks again for the follow up review.
Thanks for your nice words!

Hmm sounds like you have a similar issue too yes. I am right handed and I am standing just a little to the right when throwing.. Perhaps that does it already, but I still get the feeling that my 4th finger is slightly pressing the nose to the left when releasing the dart. Trying to get rid of it too but I am rather trying to control my throw with 4 fingers than to create a new throw with 3 fingers.. And like you mention you're pulling the dart back untill your cheek. I used to do this too, often scratched my cheeks with flights lol.

I wouldn't change your grip...just mentioning mine. I stand almost center on oche and have been toying around with minor tweaks but so far have not found something I know corrects the darts flight and angle of entry. Lol on the cheek cuts....I rarely hit mine but when I do I'm just happy if the dart hits the board.
I won't, throwing better than ever at the moment. But with checking out they often disable me from hitting a 2nd or 3rd dart into the double..
LOL, true that! Most of the time you can be glad to not hit your own feet Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for this review, i watch this set since long time now, and after read you I have buy one set.

For me this set is an alternative to my 23g hankey, particularly when I play with friends with low rhythm, the hankey grip vary too much with many interruption.

I'm not disappointed, the testament are excellent, really happy to have buy them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Board : winmau blade 5
Curent darts sets  :
RD Martin Atkins 24g / Rd nylon stem / RD standard flight
Winmau Testament 24g / harrows speedline or alamo shaft / kite flight