Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Golf Darts Challenge...
Hi Nutz, 

I feel a bit inadequate as I don't have a fancy video or graphic to post along with this but me and my mates have had tons of fun out of this game and Dartbuggy kindly suggested I post here.  So basically, given the rules below, what is your best score? 

It's just a round-the-board game my mate came up with but I think it's a decent practice tool and works really well with a group of people for a laugh as well.

Basically you have 3 darts at each number 1-20 and you score according to where they land (unsurprisingly).  Your best dart counts but you can further reduce your score by getting all 3 darts in the same bed.  So in each round out of 3 darts...

- 1 or 2 in the fat bit = 4 points
- 1 or 2 in the thin bit = 3 points
- 1 or 2 in the double = 2 points
- 1 or 2 in the treble = 1 points
- 3 in the fat bit = 0
- 3 in the thin bit = -1
- 3 in the double = -2
- 3 in the treble = -3
- 1 each in the Single, Double and Treble = -1 (aka. shanghai)
- Miss = 7 (Kneeling with head in hands going "NOOOooo!!!")

Right, once you've gone round 1-20 you get 2 bonus rounds.  The first you aim at outer bull and you get -5 for each hit so max -15.  If you hit anything else e.g. bull you get nothing.  Next round is 3 darts at the bull for which you score -10 on each dart, again scoring nothing for anything else so potentially -30 here.

So that's it, "Par" is 80 of course i.e. at least one dart in the fat bit of each number with no bonuses.

Love to know what others score if anyone gives it a go - declare the score after the 1-20 and then the bonus rounds and the total as a separate score but the total totally counts e.g.

1-20 = 50.
Bonus = -5 
Total = 45.

Here's a jammy example from last night - I was failing abysmally on the 1-20 (I'm in the 3rd column 'Iv') and finished 1-20 terribly on 72.  But then... 3 X outer bull - 15.  1 X Bull -10.  Finish on 47, beating the inventor of the game no less..  he was well gutted!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
Stems:  Pro-Grip Short.
Flights:  Standard, variable designs.
Hmm...interesting.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Thats to much for my mind in the morning Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
quick question, if you miss 25 and bull do you add 7 or 0 ?

Member previously known as Daveheald

(04-09-2016, 06:41 PM)Rodney Wrote: quick question, if you miss 25 and bull do you add 7 or 0 ?

0, the bonus rounds are only to further reduce your score and don't carry a penalty.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
1-20 = 46
Bonus = -5  
Total = 41

had a couple of goes first time scored 55 with no bonus

(04-10-2016, 08:22 AM)SRodney Wrote: 1-20 = 46
Bonus = -5  
Total = 41

had a couple of goes first time scored 55 with no bonus

Great scores on the 1-20 compared to my last effort Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Funny thing, me and my mates play this game so much we are neglecting our 501's!  Still I think this helps us practice round-the-board so can't be all bad Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
1-20 = 33
Bonus = 0
Total = 33

had a go tonight, had a few 3 fat numbers and few trebles which help to keep scores down

(04-10-2016, 10:49 PM)Rodney Wrote: 1-20 = 33
Bonus = 0
Total = 33

had a go tonight, had a few 3 fat numbers and few trebles which help to keep scores down

Ha, that's the only way to go!  I tend to go for the fat bit first off and hope for a 0, but if I miss or get the thin bit I switch and go for the treble and/or double.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
I finally got a chance to give this a go. +64 and no bonus. I am pretty sure I can beat that pretty easily. One question, is the inner bull still scoring when shooting the outer bull bonus? This is a good game. The scoring takes a bit to get down so I printed it out and stuck it up on the dry erase. I will play some more, starting right now.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

(04-12-2016, 02:37 AM)Dartbuggy Wrote: I finally got a chance to give this a go. +64 and no bonus. I am pretty sure I can beat that pretty easily. One question, is the inner bull still scoring when shooting the outer bull bonus? This is a good game. The scoring takes a bit to get down so I printed it out and stuck it up on the dry erase. I will play some more, starting right now.

Glad you're enjoying it!  Indeed, from some of the comments I see that the scoring system takes a bit of getting used to but like many things, it's easy when you know how!

So re. the outer bull bonus round, no you don't get anything from hitting the bullseye and believe me that's been quite a point of consternation but you know, rules are rules Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts:
   Bunting Gen 2 - 23g.
Embarrassing Game.

1-20 = 61.
Bonus = 0
Total = 61

for the first try.

Earned a "7" @ the #20 ....
I played this a few more times and got down to 42. I can't remember if I scored the outer bull correctly. Yes, that is a bit of a tough rule. But then, all games involve some element of chance. Somebody Better than me is probably going to make more of that chance. I would like to play this with four players. I like it as a solo practice routine. Been playing 170 mostly, lately. But, I'll get back to it. Golf is good.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

This sounds like a cool game, I'm just getting started with darts and this is the kind of fun type of practice I was hoping to find. Once my darts arrive I will definitely be giving this a shot!
Sounds like a good game... Will give this a try tomorrow... If your are lookin for a diversified game try this:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid365173

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Golf The Jester 6 502 01-26-2021, 09:24 AM
Last Post: RedInferno