Double Top Darts.

Target Vision 360 - 360° Dartboard Lighting System
Hello Nutz,
after playing with my DIY Surround Light i finally pulled the Trigger and received my new Dartboard Light,
the Target Vision 360 - 360° Dartboard Lighting System. 

As there is not very much to read on it and i have a Day Off let´s just post a Review.
I will do it in three Parts with 
Part1 containing Unboxing, a first look, putting everything together to let it do what it is meant to to and some first impressions,
Part2 with additional Photos, checking how to turn the Board, added Details i forgot today and
Part3 for Conclusions after longer Usage

For today there will be Part1 (enter random dramatic Soundtrack)

I ordered in Germany from a German Shop so regarding Price and included Content your Milage may vary.
McDart.de (still a stupid Name) asked 144,90€ / USD ~165 / GBP ~117 incl. Shipping.

What you get is a pretty large Box (72 x 72 cm or just under 28 1/2" x 28 1/2")

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Inside the Box is just another Box.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Back in the Kitchen.
You know what a Matrjoschka is? 

Inside the Second Box is? Right. The next Box. Holding another two Boxes.

Now, inside this Box.....no other Box. Just the Lighting Ring and the Manual.

So, two boxes left to Open.
The first one contains the Power Supply for UK and Europe 

and the second one the mounting Hardware:

- Three short Hex-Screws
- Three long Hex-Screws
- Six Washers
- Three Plastic Head Screws
- Two Allen Keys (these are pretty decent ones, not the Crap you get with swedish Shelfs. Not Hazet or Snap-on but pretty good)
- Three mounting Legs

Let´s have a look at the Manual.

Not much to talk about. Nice and Clear. Now just start. We want Light.

First you grab the 3 Plastic Head Screws and screw them into the 3 Arms of the Bracket.
Not too tight. 

Now we need a Dartboard. A B4DC in this case.

Unscrew the Centerscrew and use it to mount the Target Bracket. There is no Screw in the Box. You need to use the one that came with the Board.
Because the Target Light has its own you have to take the Rota-Lock Screws out. They are not needed anymore.

Adjust the Bracket. One Arm has to be in the middle of the "3".

Tighten the Centerscrew and you can hang the Board back on the Wall.
Make surer everything is Straight and use the small Allen Key to secure the Board to the Wall, similar the Winmau´s Rota-Lock System.

If you have one, put the Surround back on.

Now Back to the Kitchen Table.
On the Backside there are 3 Hex Nutzs welded to the Lighting Ring. Use the shorter Screws and a Washer to mount the Legs.
One of them has 2 Cable Clips attached. Mount this one to the Nut next to the Cable.

Back to the Dartboard you just screw the Ring to the Bracket using the longer Hex Screws + Waschers.
Fiddle the Cable between the Board and the Surround, plug it in and be astonished.

Here is a Detail Shot showing the LED. It has a lot (125) and the Strip is covered with a layer of clear Silicone, Rubber or whatever it is.
This acts as a protective layer if you ever manage to hit the LED Stripe. Target told me that in case of the Death of a single LED all the others aren´t affected (not like on older Christmas Tree Lights that stay dark when a Lamp dies)

Incl. some Time to take the Pictures it took me under 30 Minutes to get the whole thing up and running.
So here it is.

Lights off:
The Ring is almost invisible because it´s circumference Matches the Surround.

Light On:

It looks much brighter in the Photo than it is in real life. The black Segments appear in a rich Black and the White Segments in a plain White.

My first Impressions so far:
AMAZING. Honestly. While playing, it is like there is no Lighting Device at all. It feels like the Board is illuminated by itself.
I used a DIY 360 until now wich had Warm-White LED but the Cold-White LED look much better giving the Board more natural Colors. For me.
The next one may like Warm-White more. 

Con´s
No Switch. You need to unplug the Converter to switch it Off.
Not a Cheap one. But compared to other of-the-shelf lights, speaking as a German Customer, there are almost no cheaper Systems. I would rate the Price "OK".

Would i buy it again? Immediately.

That should be enough for Part1.
Further Observations will follow in Part2 (in a Week or two or....)

Cheers,
Markus
Blocked for Part2
Blocked for Part3
Great review so far Markus and nice pics!

Looks good if a little fiddly but hopefully once set up then that's it, look forward to the next part! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

great review Markus! +1 for all the great detailed pics! Makes me want one but living in the US shipping just wouldn't be worth it lol
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Nice one Markus, have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As an aside where did that Shotgun logo come from? I like it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Thank Buddys.

@Getagrip
It will take a while until Part2. Just like ucorn does  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Let me use it for some Time.

@Titan
The is no Distributor in the USofA? Thats sad. Shipping from Europe is possilby more than the Product Price, isn´t it?

@jo$handaz
I used to make Logos like this when i was more into Simracing and Painting Racing Car Shemes. 
I did it myself. Not that difficult if you know where to klick  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .
A-ZDarts in the official distributor in the USA for the light. Our first shipment will be in about 2 weeks. With another full container (600) coming in June.
It's a bit higher priced than EU/UK, mainly because the USA market is different.

https://www.a-zdarts.com/Products/Vision...0-FGS.aspx
(04-07-2016, 08:38 PM)Scotty Burnett Wrote: A-ZDarts in the official distributor in the USA for the light.

:thumbup:

The 190 you ask is not too bad imho. Even the 225 MSRP is kinda OK.
(04-07-2016, 08:14 PM)Shotgun Wrote: I used to make Logos like this when i was more into Simracing and Painting Racing Car Shemes. 
I did it myself. Not that difficult if you know where to klick  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .

Heh, really? Go figure. I'm into both, more the former though. I guess I should just try harder. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

iRacing? 4 Years of 100%-Club here. 6 Years in total. Or 7? Don´t know.
(04-07-2016, 09:48 PM)Shotgun Wrote: iRacing? 4 Years of 100%-Club here. 6 Years in total. Or 7? Don´t know.

Nah, I'm more rFactor 2 right now. I've been meaning to give it a look but the costs keep driving me away. About 2 or 3 years here, so half your experience Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Current setup:

Brilliant review Markus. Nice clear pics and explanation. Looks like a really good system
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Shotgun for your Review.

It looks very interesting, I will think about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 139 38,294 08-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Pell
  Aurora Halo Dartboard Lighting surround review Getagrip 30 19,540 03-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Super-Lux Dartboard Lighting System Review Getagrip 33 20,382 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: HazBeen
  New Vision Stems Jaredf 20 7,293 09-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Eric B.