Darts Buddy

Taylor Aiming To Pull Clear
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PHIL Taylor can take a huge step towards making the end of season play-offs as the second half of the Betway Premier League season kicks off at in Sheffield tonight.

Taylor arrives at the Sheffield Arena top of the pile and will look to extend his lead as he plays twice, knowing two wins will put him in the box seat to make finals night.

First up he faces world champion Gary Anderson, who, along with number one Michael van Gerwen, is hot on Taylor's heels, but 'The Power' extended his unbeaten run to eight with a 7-5 win over Michael Smith last week.

Smith, along with Dave Chisnall, were eliminated last week in Cardiff, meaning just eight players remain as the race for the play-offs hots up.

After missing out last year, Taylor is keen not to let his momentum slip as he takes on Anderson in the second game on before returning to play James Wade in the final game.

"I love playing Gary and this will be another big match because we're getting into the business end of the season now," said Taylor, who won 7-4 when the pair met in Dublin on night three.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"I think I need another couple of wins to be sure of getting to The O2 (finals night) and I'm pushing for that now because I really want to qualify.

"I've done okay so far and only lost once, so I know my game is in good shape."

James Wade also plays twice, opening the night with a clash with Raymond van Barneveld before returning to play Taylor.

Wade, the 2009 Premier League champion, is one point adrift of the play-offs but knows two wins will guarantee he moves above Adrian Lewis in to fourth, no matter what the Cross Heath thrower does in his game against Peter Wright.

Lewis beat Robert Thornton 7-4 last week to maintain his play-off push in an event where he hasn't fared too well in recent years.

Despite being ranked fourth in the world, Jackpot has only made finals night twice, something he's hoping to put right this year as he takes on Peter 'Snakebite' Wright looking to cement his place in the top four.

"Compared to where I've been at this stage in previous years, it's probably the best I've performed but I want to keep this going," Lewis said.

"I'm going to put the work in now over the next few weeks because I'm aiming for the play-offs.

"There have been games where I've scored well but not finished well, and other games where I've finished well but not scored well, so hopefully I can put that together."

After three successive draws, including one against tonight's opponent Robert Thornton, Michael van Gerwen has been replaced at the top by Taylor.

The Dutchman, who drew with van Barneveld last time out, has sounded a warning to the rest of the field though that he's determined to get things back on track having fallen below his high standards in recent weeks.

"I've not been at my best in the last three weeks and I've made too many mistakes," van Gerwen admitted.

"But this is a new game and I'll make sure that I'm ready for Robert.

"His confidence is high after the last couple of weeks so I know I'll have to play my best darts.

"We always have fantastic matches so I won't be taking him lightly and I'm determined to get back to winning ways and back to the top of the table."
GO TAYLOR!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Nice to see he is settling in with the new darts and getting that confidence back!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

agreed. He's been playing very well with these new darts. I wonder if he's going to get a new shirt with gold on it to go with his new 'firepower'
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Yeah he should stick to this current set up I think.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

His new darts are 100% for him and he seems much more consistent with these over his last set.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lewis Aiming For Big Year hamo 21 4,251 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Last Post: blacko
  Lewis Aiming To Hook Third Title hamo 0 542 12-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Frosty Aiming To Freeze The Flying Scotsman hamo 8 1,374 12-16-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Banz