Harrows Darts.

New Training Website Needs Your Help
Hi all,

I am an Applied Computing student at the University Of Dundee and I have been working on a darts training website idea for my final year project. I have spoke to Darren and the plan is once the project is over I will continue development and it will have the Darts Nutz branding associated with it once it is at an acceptable level.

Currently, it is in its early stages (even though the project is almost over) and I am looking for help in decided which functionality I should focus on for the near future. This is where you guys come in!

At the moment, there are three practice games:
Around The Board (Single, Double, Treble, Any)
100 Darts At...(cricket numbers)
Bob's 27 (allows negative scores at the moment)

Each of these games has a top 10 leader board.

I would be very grateful if you guys could check it out and let me know of what stats you would like to see from these games and how you would like to see them(charts, percentages, normal numbers etc.).

Long term the goal will be to implement the forum challenges and negate the need to have moderators manually update threads on the forum with new scores.

Feedback I Would Appreciate
New practice games to add
New features to add
Stats that should be tracked
Layout ideas (the current design is very plain)
Bugs
Anything else that springs to mind

The website can be accessed at www.darts-trainer.com so please register and let me know what you think  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

There are some terms & conditions stuff on the website for registering. I have needed to add this as part of my universities ethical guidelines. 

If you have any questions or feedback then please reply in this thread or PM me.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to help  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ,
Jamie
Currently there are quite a few bugs with displaying charts and graphs which I am currently in the process of fixing.
I've registered. I wish you all the best with your project.
Thank you very much Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. At the moment it seems a bit amateur but the idea is that it will be updated often based on the communities feedback so that in the end a large selection of training games will be available with in depth stat tracking.
Right, at first glance, I have the following feedback...

1. The registration process was easy, and worked well.
2. Aesthetically, it looks good. Simple, but crisp and clean.
3. When you click "profile" you get 3 nice blue boxes, showing around the board, darts at, and bobs 27. This looks good. However, when you click "games" the next screen is just normal text, no fancy blue boxes, and the text is positioned far top left. This doesn't look so good.
4. I don't know what bob's27 is. Would it be worth having the game rules mentioned as part of the site?

Ps. My device is an iPad, if that helps.

Best regards,

Greener
(04-06-2016, 07:16 PM)Greener Wrote: Right, at first glance, I have the following feedback...

1. The registration process was easy, and worked well.
2. Aesthetically, it looks good. Simple, but crisp and clean.
3. When you click "profile" you get 3 nice blue boxes, showing around the board, darts at, and bobs 27. This looks good. However, when you click "games" the next screen is just normal text, no fancy blue boxes, and the text is positioned far top left. This doesn't look so good.
4. I don't know what bob's27 is. Would it be worth having the game rules mentioned as part of the site?

Ps. My device is an iPad, if that helps.

Best regards,

Greener

Thanks for the feedback. The layout for games page and instructions for each game is what I am currently working on funnily enough!

Thanks for letting me know your device. I haven't seen it on an iPad so good to know it works.
To start with, adding social media login functionality is a must nowadays :-)...Will edit the post when i find more things. I made a website for a friend of mine, who just completed hes first monthly course ( had 8 students ) of darts coaching. Unfortunately the website is in Bulgarian, so it wont provide you much help. But take a look if you want:

https://darts-school.stix.bg/

As content - the website offers tips and tricks by the coaches and well other proficient darts sources ( Part, Taylor, Lowe, our very own Mr. Silberzahn ), practice games, video material and analysis, a checkout table and a nice description of the coaching program and its schedule. There is also a section dedicated to general darts news and possible team building.
Takes time to iron out the bugs.
Registered...goodluck  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
I would like to see what i get before i register.
A couple of Screenshots f.E. and it may be a good Idea to add the link to the Information Sheet to the Main Page.
Cheers James, if everyone can help out it would be great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i reg all the best bud!
(04-07-2016, 09:01 AM)Shotgun Wrote: I would like to see what i get before i register.
A couple of Screenshots f.E. and it may be a good Idea to add the link to the Information Sheet to the Main Page.

Same boat. Can we get some screenshots?
(04-08-2016, 05:30 AM)guest Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 09:01 AM)Shotgun Wrote: I would like to see what i get before i register.

Same boat. Can we get some screenshots?

Me too please

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website and app to practice and play darts - godartspro.com Texas 389 32,254 10 hours ago
Last Post: Wade Myers
  Drills website AbnormallyWeird 2 983 04-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Banz