Shot Darts

First review: XQDats VVDV Phase 2 24g
Hi guys, I just joined the forum 2 days ago but really enjoying it over here. Toda I receved these Vincent va der Voort Phase 2 darts from a trade. 
This my first darts review ever so hopefully you guys enjoy it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well to begin, I must say I am not that much of a fan of straight barrel darts.. I always used to throw with scallopped or front loaded darts. 
Now that I am more serious with playing darts and trying to find the perfect barrel I found out that a straight barrel with good rear grip suits me even better than a scallop for example. 
To shorten this up, the Phase 2 VVDV's are just what I was looking for! 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They just look gorgeous, don't they?! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I normally always use pretty standard and basic set ups like white or black, but almost never bright colors like light blue, yellow, etc. But because of the gloss of this barrel I find the blue a very good combo and I wanted to keep this kind of combo. They came with the standard medium shafts, but me personally always use short or inbetweens. As I wanted to keep the "blue theme" on these I switched them for inbetween Pro Grips, of course in blue Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The rear grip is similar to the new Lewis grip but I think the spacing of the rings is just a little further apart. For me personally, the back grip ought to run untill the end of the barrel. Nevertheless, for a rear thrower I think it is more than sufficient how it is now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The front grip is not that grippy but for your 3rd or 4th finger it is just enough to not slip away from the dart. 
(In my case, I use 4 fingers to hold the dart)

This is how I grip the dart.

it only took me 15 darts to find out in what way I should hold and throw them to throw the way I am used to. Unlikely than usual, the darts landed a little bit more upwards into the board than they normally would. 

To conclude:

For me, these darts are almost like a match made in heaven! The rear grip is very good and won't allow your finger to slip even with sweaty hands. The front grip could be improved perhaps but that is just my personal opinion. I read that these darts do not get sold by the major webshops and that they retail around 35pounds. 
Perhaps if I can find the 22g somewhere in the future I will purchase them because I believe the barrel is slightly thinner on the 22g version and these 24g feel quite a bit heavy compared to my other 24g darts. Anyway, I am very happy with these darts and would recommend them to everyone who likes a good rear grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Overall Rating:

Looks: 8/10 - They look great and gloss makes them even nicer to look at.
Quality: 8/10 - Really solid dart with nice finishing.
Value: 8/10 - For the money a very good dart.
Suitability: 9/10 - Would they have had a slightly better grip at front and perhaps just a little longer at the end, they would have been scored 10/10
Nice to throw: 9/10 - They fligh very straight to the board and easy to throw.

Best feature: For me of course the grip!!!

Thanks for looking and hopefully you enjoyed reading my first review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

That is a decent write up with great pictures. +1
They look great.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Great review thanks
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Good review and great darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers guys! Was planning to get the Gen 3 Lewis 23g but now I got these I think I prefer them over de Gen 3's.

Reviews are always welcome.
Pics and information yeahhh
Valencia/Spain

Nice review! Great pictures too.

I really like the look of this darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Taylor 8zero Black Ti 24g, Chizzy Gold 24g, Barney Phase 5 23g, Paul Nicholson 24g, and so on...
Highout: 125 (T20-T15-D10)

Very well done review. Thanks for taking the time to show us your new blue spears
Thanks for the compliments guys!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Appreciate it!
Will make another review of my 24g Testaments soon, haven't seen one about them yet so Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great review Ruben and those darts look very good especially the grip on the rear Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(04-06-2016, 03:05 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review Ruben and those darts look very good especially the grip on the rear Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

Thanks a lot! The grip on the rear is indeed very comfortable Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

nice write up! them are the next set I will buy in 24g....
Really good pictures and great review Ruben, thanks for sharing +1
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
That's a great review especially with it being your first. Hoping you do some more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. they look like a great dart for rear grippers
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Awesome review, Ruben! Have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,572 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bit Of Bully Ryan Joyce Phase 2 Darts Review Getagrip 7 432 12-22-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 68,692 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,383 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 3 Purist Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 861 04-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Unicorn Jelle Klaasen World Champion Phase 2 22g Darts Review Getagrip 11 1,093 11-23-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Natural 24g darts review Getagrip 66 33,782 11-12-2019, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Unicorn John Lowe World Champion Phase 2 Golden 21g darts review Getagrip 40 11,757 06-20-2019, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Luca82cb
  Unicorn James Wade Phase 2 20g darts review Getagrip 23 47,252 05-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Last Post: denisska180
  Unicorn, RVB Phase 5, World Champion, 18G, 90% Tungsten, Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 6 2,173 02-28-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah