Harrows Darts.

Elbow issues
I've been playing and practicing rigorously ever since I've started playing darts seriously last year 2015. One thing I've noticed is that my elbow started clicking upon extending on the release, even while not playing darts my elbow still clicks and clacks upon extension. Only recently have I experienced pains coming from extending my elbow. 
Diagnosis, good fellow darters?
Match Darts: 
*Eric Bristow 22gR
Other darts I simply use for kicks: 
*Puma Robson Torquest 22g (same pins the Philippine #1 uses)
*Monster Barrels Design Helios 1 22g
*Winmax King 22g
*Alan Glazier Ton Machine 22g

I don't love long walks on beaches and not sitting around waiting for something to happen while using my computer
This is a tricky one. Could be ligamentous, but is most likely bone related (imo). If it remains somewhat minor, you might consider taking a Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplement. This works very well to help heal cartilage and increase synovial fluid (the lubricant in your joints). Very safe and worth a try. Anit-inflammatories might help, as well, but I would try the other first.

Of course, if it gets worse, you should take a break from darts and see your physician.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

As long as you don't experience any pain/weird feeling it's probably nothing serious. I'm only 19 and my whole body clicks and clacks all the time.
I would take AT LEAST 10 days break asap. Do not experiment with your elbow like this. And see your physician about it.
The past few weeks I'm experiencing elbow pain as well. The more I play, the worse it gets.
Not going to touch my darts for an entire week... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
you could take a break and let ur arm rest. or try taking some tylenol/aleve before you play. you could also try using a compression sleeve.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Day 3 without playing.

Can still feel a painful spot in my elbow, probably still a bit inflamed.
It's tempting to have a few throws but I'm going to wait until league night on Thursday just in case.

I did do a bit more investigating and came to the conclusion that it are symptoms for golfer's elbow.
The main difference with a tennis elbow is that golfer's elbow relates to the muscles on the inside of the elbow while tennis elbow relates to muscles on the outside of the elbow.
If you hold your arm in the palm upwards position the pain usually located around the bump on the inside part of the elbow.

Because the pain isn't causing me issues in my daily activities (except playing darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.) I haven't seen a doctor but am doing some acupressure exercises that I found helpful.

Here's the video, I hope it's of use to any of you experiencing the same.

Cheers,
Red

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Rest, and lots of it.  It took you a long time to screw it up.  It will take a long time to heal.  1 week is nothing.  Try a few months.

Then, re-examie your stroke.  Take video.  What you think you are doing is probably not what you are actually doing.
(04-10-2016, 04:12 PM)BigE Wrote: Then, re-examie your stroke.  Take video.  What you think you are doing is probably not what you are actually doing.

And why would you re-examine your stroke again?

If a certain motion hurts because of an injury that doesn't mean that particular motion caused the injury.
That's like saying you should change your stance because it hurts the ankle you sprained during football last week.
(04-10-2016, 05:13 PM)Red Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 04:12 PM)BigE Wrote: Then, re-examie your stroke.  Take video.  What you think you are doing is probably not what you are actually doing.

And why would you re-examine your stroke again?

If a certain motion hurts because of an injury that doesn't mean that particular motion caused the injury.
That's like saying you should change your stance because it hurts the ankle you sprained during football last week.

Did you hurt your elbow playing football or darts?
(04-11-2016, 12:46 AM)BigE Wrote: Did you hurt your elbow playing football or darts?
Neither. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What I'm trying to say is that it's too easy to blame it on your throw as this is a motion we use often and our muscles would have developed to accommodate this frequent use.

There are lots of activities that can result in an inflamed elbow. Usually changes in your daily stuff or intense one-off activities.

-The new chair you got at the office has changed your posture in a negative way.
-You spent that one weekend replacing a couple of cupboards that required heavy use of a screwdriver to assemble/disassemble. 
-That new forearm exersize you overdid at the gym.
-Nice weather today, let's dig out the garden and make it ready for spring.

Of course if you made a big change in your throw or are a new player and overdid it you're right and it completely belongs on the examples list as well.  :10/10:
(04-11-2016, 09:22 AM)Red Wrote:
(04-11-2016, 12:46 AM)BigE Wrote: Did you hurt your elbow playing football or darts?
Neither. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What I'm trying to say is that it's too easy to blame it on your throw as this is a motion we use often and our muscles would have developed to accommodate this frequent use.

There are lots of activities that can result in an inflamed elbow. Usually changes in your daily stuff or intense one-off activities.

-The new chair you got at the office has changed your posture in a negative way.
-You spent that one weekend replacing a couple of cupboards that required heavy use of a screwdriver to assemble/disassemble. 
-That new forearm exersize you overdid at the gym.
-Nice weather today, let's dig out the garden and make it ready for spring.

Of course if you made a big change in your throw or are a new player and overdid it you're right and it completely belongs on the examples list as well.  :10/10:

Don't forget about simple  repetitive stress injuries.  Especially if the throw is more stressful than it ought to be. Eg snap the wrist back at the end of a hard full stroke. That amounts to a forced stretch of the forearm.  That's the type of thing I was looking for in a video.  You think you follow through. But if the hand stays pulled back. .. ouch!
Darts Nutz has now become WebMD with all the doctor's here maybe we can get them as a sponsor lol
Thanks for all the replies folks. Haven't checked on the thread a long while, sorry about that. There is still clicking on my elbows though it does not hurt anymore after I applied Voltaren. I applied the said ointment three times a day for three days while taking a break from playing, taking a break meaning reducing practice hours drastically by doing only warm-ups and one round of around the clock for the whole day---which translates to about less than 2 hours of practice a day.
Match Darts: 
*Eric Bristow 22gR
Other darts I simply use for kicks: 
*Puma Robson Torquest 22g (same pins the Philippine #1 uses)
*Monster Barrels Design Helios 1 22g
*Winmax King 22g
*Alan Glazier Ton Machine 22g

I don't love long walks on beaches and not sitting around waiting for something to happen while using my computer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with Designa Re-pointer Nick Wyatt 6 139 06-24-2021, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Elbow help! JamesS97180 3 294 04-15-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Is my elbow ok? Troll 4 474 09-20-2019, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  elbow bdebbane 3 507 05-19-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: bdebbane
  elbow up? Spike Adams 6 1,069 07-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Devil 10
  Anyone issues with dart falling below target? dj_stat8 5 757 04-21-2018, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Baloos
  Height issues Carpy 6 694 07-31-2017, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Luke Gray
  Elbow pit Troll 6 1,067 01-24-2017, 07:38 AM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Hand issues Troll 10 1,399 11-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: moorey
  Grip issues captcold 11 1,691 01-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Last Post: ronm24